• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

DD, that could have been their plan but plans do and can change. You make them change their opinion. Just for the sake of discussion:

Mantha-Datsyuk-Neal

Z-Kesler-Franzen

Weiss-Sheahan-Jurco

Abby-Glendening-Miller

Andersson Callahan

That leaves: Nyquist, helm, tatar, and ferraro left over to deal. So yes we would have better pieces to move than Ana and Nash did to get those 2 guys. The top 6 is filled with guys that are proven 30 goal scorers or could be. 5 of the 6 vets have all done it at least once and Mantha looks like a guy that could do it as well.

yes I understand......water under the bridge.

Or the Pens tell you that they want Mantha Sproul and a first if they're keeping him in conference.

I can see holland and co direction for this team. A mix of veterans, skill, speed and size much like 08. Lines with different identities. We are going to start seeing our d men really take steps forward especially if we can sign a good top 4

N14, we should be after both. We have the room and if we landed both we would have 3 good to great pairs. Think of this blueline:

Dekeyser-Niskanen

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-fayne

that is very good. 10 million per seasons gets you both easily. maybe 9 does it. Then you send Kindl down the river somewhere.

Doubt they ask that for him, he's not that good of a player to warrant that.

Why not set a ridiculous price for in-conference teams? That almost guarantees he'll end up in the west. If an eastern team is stupid enough to take the deal then you get a great value

N14, we should be after both. We have the room and if we landed both we would have 3 good to great pairs. Think of this blueline:

Dekeyser-Niskanen

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-fayne

that is very good. 10 million per seasons gets you both easily. maybe 9 does it. Then you send Kindl down the river somewhere.

No, we don't have room for 2 D. We've got Oulette, Sproul, Marchenko, Backman, Jensen knocking on the door. We've got to let one take a spot this year. They are also a lot cheaper.

PVD, no we MAY have some young D ready over the next 2 years. Niskanen and Fayne are proven and both have 8-10 years left. Maybe some day one or 2 of those guys turn out. If they do great! 2 years from now Kronwall is 35 going on 36 and his NTC drops. lashoff is still our 7th, so there is room for 2 of those guys right there, once they EARN a spot. Meanwhile we would have a top 10 corp on the BL.

You are also forgetting we have 4 forwards all over 30 that need to be replaced over the next 3-5 years: Datsyuk, Z, Franzen, and Weiss. We have just enough prospects to maybe cover those departures with Mantha, Athenisou, nastasiak, and Larkin. provided they all make it. But we haven't improved yet, just replaced our loses.

We will most likely lock up niskanen 7 years $42 million. Holland is going all out for him. Also most likely unless we are outbid, Boyle and iginla. Yandle is a definite no, they want nyquist, Tatar, jurco, mantha, and a first.

ken_doll.jpg

How I have felt about Ken (doll) Holland lately and his moves.

Actually Holland has not been sitting on his hands the past two years. Everyone wants any two of nyquist, Tatar and mantha and that's it. And jarnkrok did in fact tell Holland he won't play another season in the ahl, he wanted guaranteed nhl time, which is why he was traded.

Pulkinnen will also be traded or let to walk, he won't be making the team.

Actually Holland has not been sitting on his hands the past two years. Everyone wants any two of nyquist, Tatar and mantha and that's it. And jarnkrok did in fact tell Holland he won't play another season in the ahl, he wanted guaranteed nhl time, which is why he was traded.

These are some very juicy tidbits of knowledge that you're throwing around. But you said you can't name your source? Did Pulkinnen say he wouldn't play in the AHL for another year as well? I feel he could have a chance to make the team in 2015. Do you mean let walk in this year because he is an RFA?

Sources for any of this?

I doubt they let Pulkinnen walk, if this is from your source, your source obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

PS even if this is true it shows that I am completely right, he has no balls.

Edited by Shaman

No source to show, I know someone close to Holland. I only get to talk to him maybe once a year though. That's why when I do, I get all kinds of info at once, just like last year. But their intentions are to trade pulkinnen in a package, they know he probably won't have a shot at making the team with nyquist Tatar jurco sheahan and mantha.

He will be traded before the end of the season in a package. Like it or not.

I doubt they let Pulkinnen walk, if this is from your source, your source obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

PS even if this is true it shows that I am completely right, he has no balls.

Has no balls? Would trade our most valuable assets for players, literally almost every team wants a kings ransom. The one team that didn't was San Jose, and guess what, Thornton wouldn't waive his no trade clause to go to Detroit. No one wants to bring their families to a gang infested neighborhood to play hockey. San Jose was going to trade him pretty cheap too.

No source to show, I know someone close to Holland. I only get to talk to him maybe once a year though. That's why when I do, I get all kinds of info at once, just like last year. But their intentions are to trade pulkinnen in a package, they know he probably won't have a shot at making the team with nyquist Tatar jurco sheahan and mantha.

Has no balls? Would trade our most valuable assets for players, literally almost every team wants a kings ransom. The one team that didn't was San Jose, and guess what, Thornton wouldn't waive his no trade clause to go to Detroit. No one wants to bring their families to a gang infested neighborhood to play hockey. San Jose was going to trade him pretty cheap too.

Be careful what you say about my hometown, Detroit... you're skating on thin ice my friend. Your assessment of the city is not even remotely close to reality. Alfie lived in Ottawa his entire playing career and moved his family to Detroit, and whether or not he plays for the Wings next season, he said they are staying put. What does that tell you, I'm sure someone with that type of money would stay in a "gang infested neighborhood."

Be careful what you say about my hometown, Detroit... you're skating on thin ice my friend. Your assessment of the city is not even remotely close to reality. Alfie lived in Ottawa his entire playing career and moved his family to Detroit, and whether or not he plays for the Wings next season, he said they are staying put. What does that tell you, I'm sure someone with that type of money would stay in a "gang infested neighborhood."

I'll never have anything bad to say about Detroit. I stick up for the city all the time, and I unfortunately have yet to ever be there. Key word yet. But sadly that basically sums up what most people think about Detroit when it comes up (hence why I always stick up for the place). It's not too much of a stretch to think some players might sway their decision based on that perception, with their only Detroit experience having been being there long enough to catch some sleep and play a game.

I live next to Detroit, I have family all over Michigan. I am not insulting the city, but that is the reality of it, the players don't want to put their families at risk. Before the cap Holland could throw as much money as needed to bring players in, now it's not attractive anymore. The city is bankrupt, police can't keep the peace, half the time the power doesn't work, this is what you see on the news. This is what the players family sees and refuse to go live there. I have no problems with the city personally.

Then please clearly state in your posts that the information is a rumor instead of as if it's fact.