• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

I don't know if this has been posted here before or not but I just stumbled upon it today.. and it's hilarious. enjoy.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#2 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

Julien was speaking about his own players, right?  

Babcock txt to Julien - 'If you want to ever work with me again in the Olympics, you better have a talk with your boys."

#3 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Omg I never realized Chara was sucha flopper, disgraceful

#4 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

I love how the announcers around 2:00 were talking about the first installment of embellishment city.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#5 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Yeah I posted this in the gameday thread yesterday. The irony is delicious
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

That is great. The sad part is A LOT of guys in the league are doing this. It's no wonder it's a joke to people that aren't much for watching hockey. It's really sad and pathetic. Grown men acting like children. That's what we did in elementary school. The league has pretty much no credibility. Grab your nuts and man up and play a clean game. Get this garbage out of here. Then the hypocrisy of saying "oh I would never do that. It's disgraceful." Yeah, you're right, it is, and so are you. I don't care if a wings player were doing this, it's not ok. This is what happens when you take fighting out of the game. Guys take way too many liberties and act like kids. I don't recall seeing this stuff in the 90s. Probably cuz guys like D Mac and Scott Stevens would destroy you and discard you like a rag doll. Where's the pride?

Favorite part is John Stewarts highlight. Had me in tears.
mccarty3

#7 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

That is great. The sad part is A LOT of guys in the league are doing this. It's no wonder it's a joke to people that aren't much for watching hockey. It's really sad and pathetic. Grown men acting like children. That's what we did in elementary school. The league has pretty much no credibility. Grab your nuts and man up and play a clean game. Get this garbage out of here. Then the hypocrisy of saying "oh I would never do that. It's disgraceful." Yeah, you're right, it is, and so are you. I don't care if a wings player were doing this, it's not ok. This is what happens when you take fighting out of the game. Guys take way too many liberties and act like kids. I don't recall seeing this stuff in the 90s. Probably cuz guys like D Mac and Scott Stevens would destroy you and discard you like a rag doll. Where's the pride?

Favorite part is John Stewarts highlight. Had me in tears.

The problem is the refs don't enforce the diving penalty especially on blatant ones. The players will continue to flop as long as they don't get punished. I think I saw 1 diving penalty called in a wings game this year, and there was a lot of diving going on, some from the wings too. It's something that should be cracked down on if the league wants to increase its viewership

#8 rking72

rking72

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

embellishment has become routine in all major sports, not just hockey.  The NHL actually has a rule to help prevent it, but rarely ever use it.  And when they do they usually just have it as a matching penalty. 

Funny thing about last night is the only 2 penalties the Bruins got were obvious penalties....while the Bruins seemed to be spending a lot of time complaining about embellishing and well, actually embellishing themselves.

#9 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

This is coming from the top. Time to crack down on embellishments from every team except the pens.

#10 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

With a guy like Marchand on his team, he needs to shut his trap.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#11 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

I did a spit take at the Paul MacLean Walrus head.

Edited by DickieDunn, 19 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#12 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

The only time diving is called is when they can bring the other guy off to making it 4 on 4. You wont get diving out of the game until you only take the diver. If the worse thing that can happen to a player who takes a dive is 4 on 4 hockey they are going to dive all over since the punishment isnt even a slap on the wrist and the chance of getting a PP is great.

#13 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

"Boston Strong," eh?

#14 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

"Boston Strong," eh?

That's up there with "Detroit's bankrupt." Don't be that guy/gal. There's plenty else to rip on the Bruins for ;)

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#15 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Ah, the hypocrisy.

I hate Chara. Idiotic goofy looking giraffe spot-picker.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#16 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:58 AM

Want to stop diving, stop taking both. If the guy dives he gets the penalty and not the guy that "tripped him"

#17 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:08 AM

Has anyone ever come across the exact reason why the league considers diving a match penalty?

I've never actually heard anyone from the league asked by someone in the media outright why that is the case with the diving rule. Which really bugs me. I mean, logically it simply does not make an iota of sense. Someone had to embellish a situation to get a call, implying the situation wasn't an offense at all in its organic form.

#noideawhatisgoingon

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#18 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs should petition the League to have this added as a sleeve-patch to the Bruins uniform:

300px-Diver_Down_flag.svg.png

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#19 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

That's funny because I want less Claude Julien.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#20 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

That's up there with "Detroit's bankrupt." Don't be that guy/gal. There's plenty else to rip on the Bruins for ;)

Wasn't making a comment on the city.  Just the team.