• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

What seemed to have started as internet chatter and schadenfreude, has now developed steam. Thoughts are that the Pens ownership is ready to cut ties.

http://prohockeytalk...aybe-shero-too/

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#2 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

While I would think that hilarious to see Shero and Bylsma out the door, I'm secretly wishing they stay. It's become blatantly obvious that they won't win with those two at the helm, so why shouldn't we hope they keep their jobs?

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#3 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

While I would think that hilarious to see Shero and Bylsma out the door, I'm secretly wishing they stay. It's become blatantly obvious that they won't win with those two at the helm, so why shouldn't we hope they keep their jobs?

I swear to holy hell, I was just thinking this exact thing. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#4 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

Bylsma can not adjust behind the bench nor can he rule with an iron fist and get players fired up I think it's time hes replaced
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#5 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:24 AM

The weird thing is that their biggest shortcoming - drafting/development/depth - was a major strength of theirs back when they were legitimately contending for the Cup (e.g. Staal centering the third line). I don't know why Shero allowed himself to get away from that.

As for Bylsma, I really like him as a person. (Not that I've met him, of course.) But you do have to wonder if his meteoric rise wasn't largely just a matter of those teams being really deep and the young core guys being over-the-moon for this hip, young, upstart coach who was pretty much the total opposite of Michele Therrien.

My gut says Barry Trotz gets the gig. Maybe.

I think Jacques Martin would make sense, though.

I just pray it's not Blashill.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#6 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

Bylsma can't adjust his strategy it's obvious happened with the Penguins and team USA before Sheri traded away a lot of the Pens future and if the rumors are true Crosby is fed up with Bylsma do that screams firing. I am sure the Capitals and Canucks would be all over him Trotz would be a good choice for the Pens but they also need s team commitment to defense

Edited by frankgrimes, 15 May 2014 - 05:16 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#7 Dan Bylsma

Dan Bylsma

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

yeah I suck, I'll be out of here real soon. Last midnight might have been the last feeding I gave Cindy :-) Listening to a Pittsburgh sports talk show as I write this, three guesses who they are talking about as a replacement for me ? Last name begins with B and ends with K

#8 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

yeah I suck, I'll be out of here real soon. Last midnight might have been the last feeding I gave Cindy :-) Listening to a Pittsburgh sports talk show as I write this, three guesses who they are talking about as a replacement for me ? Last name begins with B and ends with K

Belichick?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#9 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

Is it just me or would I be more than willing to take Bylsma as an assistant, that guy would work wonders with the PP, familiar with Babcock...

As for the USA thing, he didn't win gold but come on they faced Canada in the semi's and lost 1-0, that game could have gone either way... also the Finland game, sure it's always embarrassing not to medal but when you come to a tournament avenging a silver and then realize the best you can win is bronze, it's tough for anyone to be motivated

Shero on the other hand should definitely go

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Is it just me or would I be more than willing to take Bylsma as an assistant

Yeah, I've been wondering if that isn't a possibility. I'd take him over Renney.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Wasn't Shero just last year being touted as one of the best if not the best gm?

#12 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

Just like Holland is touted as one of the best if not the best gm.  Some people will beg to differ here on this forum.

As for Bylsma, I don't believe he should be fired unless they have someone better to replace him with.  Who are you going to bring in?  Barry Trotz?  I don't think Barry is an upgrade over Bylsma.

I also think the Pens need some minor changes as well.  James Neal was ineffective in the playoffs for instance. 

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#13 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

Not by me. Their philosophy of trade all your prospects and picks to win a cup now hasn't worked for them and I never believed that it would

#14 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Not by me. Their philosophy of trade all your prospects and picks to win a cup now hasn't worked for them and I never believed that it would

I still consider him one of the best but he really traded away a ton of their future last year, Morrow for Morrow was bad back then and it still is but the guy got Iginla for basically nothing it is not Shero's fault that Bylsma absolutely used him on the wrong side. I think they are giving him another year if Shero  fails again, he will be gone next year.

Trotz is exactly what Pittsburgh needs and the guy commands respect from everyone, he is a no bs type of guy.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#15 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

Would Trotz even know what to do with Crosby and Malkin? Wonder what their game would look like under his system
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#16 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

Yeah I didn't mean I agreed with it. I just found it funny that he was so hyped up last year by some of the media and suddenly we're talking about him being fired.

#17 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

The Pens are a victim of having too much money invested in too few players, and being Captained by a nut punching d-bag. That's not on Bylsma. I doubt he'd take an assistant job though. I expect him to take a year off then have his pick of jobs.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#18 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Yeah I didn't mean I agreed with it. I just found it funny that he was so hyped up last year by some of the media and suddenly we're talking about him being fired.

I knew what you meant. The media eats up anything Crosby and they love it

#19 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

I knew what you meant. The media eats up anything Crosby and they love it

I get the sense the tide may be turning there, a bit. Even in Pittsburgh and the studios of NBC.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#20 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Would Trotz even know what to do with Crosby and Malkin? Wonder what their game would look like under his system

Considering Fleury's shortcomings (although he looked decent this year), it might do the team some good to have a strong defense-oriented system in place.