• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

TANK IT! 2014-2015 Season

Rate this topic

Yup, pretty damn funny isn't it? At some point, I'd like to sit down and read the whole thread for a good chuckle...

Some people just need to troll... Funny how the only person who "Liked" the OP's rant was fat guy in a maltby jersey...

These are the same people that are lingering around GDT's at the beginning of games when we go down by a goal or two, but mysteriously fade into the abyss when we score a couple to tie it, and eventually go on to win the game...

******* Hilarious... :lol:

I just re-read the first post of this thread. And then laughed incredibly hard. :lol:

Yup, pretty damn funny isn't it? At some point, I'd like to sit down and read the whole thread for a good chuckle...

Some people just need to troll... Funny how the only person who "Liked" the OP's rant was fat guy in a maltby jersey...

These are the same people that are lingering around GDT's at the beginning of games when we go down by a goal or two, but mysteriously fade into the abyss when we score a couple to tie it, and eventually go on to win the game...

******* Hilarious... :lol:

Yeah it's definitely why I bumped the thread. haha :lol:

With the way things are going *knock on wood* Holland would be in the mix when it comes to nominations for GM of the year due to his drafting. IF this were to happen, the "Holland get a contract ext" thread would be another to bump for a laugh!

With the way things are going *knock on wood* Holland would be in the mix when it comes to nominations for GM of the year due to his drafting. IF this were to happen, the "Holland get a contract ext" thread would be another to bump for a laugh!

Oh gawd, I forgot about that thread.

Gotta love when the doom and gloomers are shown up. Does this mean the wheels are on the tank?

Lets put it this way.

The doom and gloomers are back on board until we don't win the Stanley Cup. Then, they will be back in force.

My condolences to those people that wanted to tank this year, we're too good.

Hate to say I told you so, but I was one of the few who stood by Holland and was made fun of, I guess we were right. Usually when an organization loses franchise players like Yzerman and Lidstrom, it takes 10-20 years to recover. This has to be one of the best rebuilds on the fly ever.

Lets put it this way.

The doom and gloomers are back on board until we don't win the Stanley Cup. Then, they will be back in force.

Why is not winning the cup every damn year always considered a failure by some? There are plenty of great teams always in contention that have'nt won anything, like San Jose. We should feel greatful for those four cups since '97. Seems like if we don't win the cup, people want to blow up the roster or "tank it " the next season. lol

Why is not winning the cup every damn year always considered a failure by some? There are plenty of great teams always in contention that have'nt won anything, like San Jose. We should feel greatful for those four cups since '97. Seems like if we don't win the cup, people want to blow up the roster or "tank it " the next season. lol

Its call expectations. I have high expectations for the Wings every year, so I am partially guilty of it myself. At the same time, I don't have lofty expectations. If the Wings make it to the 2nd round this year, I will be very satisfied.

Its call expectations. I have high expectations for the Wings every year, so I am partially guilty of it myself. At the same time, I don't have lofty expectations. If the Wings make it to the 2nd round this year, I will be very satisfied.

I understand some people have high expectations every year, but some of those expectations just are'nt realistic is all i'm saying. And yeah, it would be nice to get past the first round this year.

I understand some people have high expectations every year, but some of those expectations just are'nt realistic is all i'm saying. And yeah, it would be nice to get past the first round this year.

There is also some sort of middle ground but some of the mega "Holland is god believers" don't understand that. Personally I've had absolutely no expectations going into this season and still don't but when it comes to the last five years this team simple hasn't been good enough:

2,2,1,2,1 (almost swept) round exits are not Red Wings style. Is it realistic to expect the cup every year? No but at least getting better every year should be an accomplish able thing.

And like I've mentioned I believe it when I see it same goes for trades. Some will for sure mention but the standings oh the standings Wings where in a similar situation last year and then had injuries and worse second half of the season.. Wings had a great home record 3 years ago and then absolutely got crushed by the Predators...so the standings are what they are..

Same goes for talking about the playoffs before making them so it's too soon talking about that. But the defense will have to improve which for sure is going to cost a bit because Myers, Yandle will gather interest from a lot of teams. Green would be another soft player on an already soft team and according to caps fans is risky in his own end, there is not one gm in this league who would take him over Yandle, Myers probably not even Franson

Edited by frankgrimes

There is also some sort of middle ground but some of the mega "Holland is god believers" don't understand that. Personally I've had absolutely no expectations going into this season and still don't but when it comes to the last five years this team simple hasn't been good enough: 2,2,1,2,1 (almost swept) round exits are not Red Wings style. Is it realistic to expect the cup every year? No but at least getting better every year should be an accomplish able thing. And like I've mentioned I believe it when I see it same goes for trades. Some will for sure mention but the standings oh the standings Wings where in a similar situation last year and then had injuries and worse second half of the season.. Wings had a great home record 3 years ago and then absolutely got crushed by the Predators...so the standings are what they are.. Same goes for talking about the playoffs before making them so it's too soon talking about that. But the defense will have to improve which for sure is going to cost a bit because Myers, Yandle will gather interest from a lot of teams. Green would be another soft player on an already soft team and according to caps fans is risky in his own end, there is not one gm in this league who would take him over Yandle, Myers probably not even Franson

Really?

The good thing is, given this teams defense tanking might come without trying :-) Am I fan of tanking ? No, but it is better than being trapped in mediocrity and turning into another Leafs, Flames - at least they are going to be fun to watch! - , Canucks example. You can't hang on to an average core too long or else things are going to go downhill..

Whatever this season brings, changes will come after it. Hollands and Babcocks contract are over after this year, Babs will look for greener places..Holland likely to move up. I've just read that Bruins fans are unhappy with Chiarelli, let's hope Jacobs is too and bring him in. It's so damn annoying 4 years ago we've had the chance to name Y GM :(

a threat for what ? making the playoffs - yeah with Toronto, Ottawa and Philadelphia fighting for the last wildcard.

Stanley Cup ? nope

also other teams are without their best players also, sure they did well against two very good teams but it's still early Boston in october will not be the same one as in April...Chiarelli has to get this team back in a hurry losing Boychuk, Iginla and Thornton ---> ouch

There is a reason, why many experts think that this is the year where the streak ends and as long as the kids are showing their tremendous speed and enthusiasm I couldn't care less about the playoffs, especially in such a great draft.

And that's just from this thread

We've made the playoffs how many years in a row? Four cups in that time. I just think alot of peoples expectations come from being spoiled as Wings fans. Teams go through rough patches where they sit in the basement of the league for years, (although with parity now, that does'nt happen for too long anymore, unless you count Edmonton). That has'nt happened in Detroit since 1991. I'm sure some of the posters on here were'nt even born yet when the streak began. Fans of most teams would be thrilled with that, but around here, it just seems its cup or bust. Fire Holland.

We've made the playoffs how many years in a row? Four cups in that time. I just think alot of peoples expectations come from being spoiled as Wings fans. Teams go through rough patches where they sit in the basement of the league for years, (although with parity now, that does'nt happen for too long anymore, unless you count Edmonton). That has'nt happened in Detroit since 1991. I'm sure some of the posters on here were'nt even born yet when the streak began. Fans of most teams would be thrilled with that, but around here, it just seems its cup or bust. Fire Holland.

Well I don't think expecting the team to become better each year is being a spoiled Wings fan aren't all fans wanting their teams to get better each and every year ? I mean, even in a rebuild-retool phase some progress needs to be shown right ?

2 years ago Babcock himself said it, that losing in the 2,2 and 1 first round is not painting in the right direction. Also don't confuse not being happy or not liking the playstyle of a team with stopping to be a fan. I don't think it's cup or bust but at least a third round would nice once in a while and that's for sure not waiting 5+ years for that.

Edited by frankgrimes