• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
QCREDWINGS420

Red Wings new assistant coaches

Rate this topic

out of curiosity, does anyone know what he did as assistant in pitt (powerplay, defense, etc)??

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56899

Looks like he was primarily involved with the Forwards and Penalty Kill Units.

Maybe this opens the door for Bylsma to come in as the second assistant.. that'd be interesting.

I can't imagine that being an assistant under Babs would give you much freedom as a coach. I could be wrong, but I imagine it's like..."welcome aboard coach....here is the PK set up I like to run...and this is the pk set up you will be setting up an coaching."

It's not the best, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Exactly. The defense is automatically improved significantly just by experience alone. DeKeyser and Smith will continue to get better, and Quincey is very likely over his big time struggles in this lineup. Which he has already shown. Not to mention there is a very real possibility Kindl may never be in the lineup again *fingers crossed*

We get that puck moving dman and suddenly the defense is looking realgud.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who is very excited to see what this team is capable of with the youth all together for the entire season :lol:

Welcome aboard Tony...I am sorry you will given a horde of average players to deal with. Just Kidding mostly, but I am sure I he isn't looking forward to having Cleary play his top line.

Maybe he has a good relationship with some players around the NHL and can help bring in some guys next UFA season. You know, make his place a bit more attractive to play.

Bylsma would be very interesting now, but I still would love Larionov if he could be convinced to do so.

Babcock - Granato - Bylsma wouldn't be a bad trio I think...too bad Babcock is such a cock.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who is very excited to see what this team is capable of with the youth all together for the entire season :lol:

Trust me, you're not. I can't wait for the season to begin.

On Topic: Thats good news I guess. Is anything known about his style or strength and weaknesses? I heard he shouts a lot. ;)

It's not the best, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Maybe next year or two years from now when the prospects from Grand Rapids start arriving. Until then, it's a very weak defense. Limited puck movers, very little offensive ability and prone to poor decision making defensively.