• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Babcock: "HE WINS, FULL STOP" - THN

Rate this topic

I don't know anything about this site or his particular author other than whats in his bio, so I'm asking someone with a better grasp on the quality of journalism they/he dishes out: what are the odds that he actually talked to an actual NHL coach to get this information? Because it really comes off as him speculating that he's worth X and then making up anecdotal evidence to support his claim. Not that I'm saying he necessarily did make it up, nor am I agreeing or disagreeing with any of it, but I'm just curious whether any of this is actually credible.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.. As much as Babcock would deserve it the Jack Adams will go to one of Hartley, Laviolette or Trotz.

The good thing is it doesn't really matter Babcock is in the triple gold club and by far the best coach in hockey. Mr. I will not let him walk before making a significant offer. I don't care if it's 4 or even 8 million there is no salary cup for coaches. This whole thing will come down to 1 decision does Babs want to stay or coach the best player in hockey or work for Shanahan?

Money will not be an issue!

It's so funny reading leafs fans thinking that 4 mill would be too much for the wings how quickly they've forgotten that our payroll was higher than theirs

Edited by frankgrimes

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.. As much as Babcock would deserve it the Jack Adams will go to one of Hartley, Laviolette or Trotz. The good thing is it doesn't really matter Babcock is in the triple gold club and by far the best coach in hockey. Mr. I will not let him walk before making a significant offer. I don't care if it's 4 or even 8 million there is no salary cup for coaches. This whole thing will come down to 1 decision does Babs want to stay or coach the best player in hockey or work for Shanahan? Money will not be an issue!It's so funny reading leafs fans thinking that 4 mill would be too much for the wings how quickly they've forgotten that our payroll was higher than theirs

Are you reserving judgement or expecting the worst and hoping for a positive surprise Frank?

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.. As much as Babcock would deserve it the Jack Adams will go to one of Hartley, Laviolette or Trotz. The good thing is it doesn't really matter Babcock is in the triple gold club and by far the best coach in hockey. Mr. I will not let him walk before making a significant offer. I don't care if it's 4 or even 8 million there is no salary cup for coaches. This whole thing will come down to 1 decision does Babs want to stay or coach the best player in hockey or work for Shanahan? Money will not be an issue! It's so funny reading leafs fans thinking that 4 mill would be too much for the wings how quickly they've forgotten that our payroll was higher than theirs

But. He already coaches the best player in hockey.

110.jpg

Give it a rest Frank. You're only saying that so, what? If he doesn't sign you can say, "well, unfortunately I was right", and if he does sign here, you can be "pleasantly surprised"...

Babcock is not going anywhere. Why would he? There are about 100 more reasons for him to stay than there would be for him to leave...

This is an up and coming team that is only going to get much much better over the next few seasons. He knows this. Why wouldn't he want the opportunity to coach two completely different Red Wings teams to Stanley Cups? He loves coaching these kids. Like, zombo said, he already coaches the best player in the league, Pavel mother f***ing Datsyuk. Both Pav and Hank are still basically point per game players, Nyquist and Tatar should both hit 60 points this season, and only improve on that in years to come.

The Red Wings as an organization is the best in the National Hockey League, hands down, the best owner, the best GM and the best coach.

The Wings were expected to finally miss the playoffs this season, and they're quite possibly going to win the East and have a good shot at winning the President's Trophy. But yeah, no chance he wins the Jack Adams...

I'll say it again, Babcock has a legit shot at winning the Adams, and he absolutely, 100% will re-sign after this season.

How I'm dealing with Babcock signing or not is my cup of tea not yours.

I couldn't care less if someone who has half the prospect roster on his near untouchable list thinks. BTW. Since Babcock will 100% re-sign what are the lottery numbers going to be next week?

Whether people like it or not fact is Crosby is the best player in the game..followed by Stamkos and Toews.

The difference between being a fan and being delusional is sometimes a small one so I'm not the one who has to give this a rest. I believe whatever I want and in case of Babcock I believe it when I see it.

Edited by frankgrimes

I wonder how much a factor that is this seasons train-wreck of a Leafs team and the fact they'll be parting with assets at the deadline will be for him

He was never going to Toronto. Only desperate coaches sign there.

Someone that likes a challenge.

and has nothing better to do for the next 12 years. It's a 12 year turn around to make the Leafs into a contender.

I'll just say this about coaching the best player in the league:

There's a difference between being the best player and being touted at the best player in the league.

...and when I say touted, I mean being told, over and over, crammed down our throats, despite any shortcomings he may have, marketed until we're got BEST IN THE GAME drilled into our heads...

I'm certain that while Babcock would love to coach the current "best player in the league," there's a number of factors that surround that player that would give him pause in making the move to that organization, not to mention how good he has it in Detroit.

EDIT: For the record, I think he's an amazing player, but he's still a crybaby and ******* to the zebras about non-calls and such way too much for my taste. I think it's his face. I want to punch it. Repeatedly. Everytime I see him complaining to the officials or when they pan to him complaining from the bench. FIST to FACE.

Edited by e_prime

How I'm dealing with Babcock signing or not is my cup of tea not yours. I couldn't care less if someone who has half the prospect roster on his near untouchable list thinks. BTW. Since Babcock will 100% re-sign what are the lottery numbers going to be next week? Whether people like it or not fact is Crosby is the best player in the game..followed by Stamkos and Toews. The difference between being a fan and being delusional is sometimes a small one so I'm not the one who has to give this a rest. I believe whatever I want and in case of Babcock I believe it when I see it.

Yeah, you were convinced Datsyuk was gonna leave for Russia too. How did that work out Frank?

How I'm dealing with Babcock signing or not is my cup of tea not yours. I couldn't care less if someone who has half the prospect roster on his near untouchable list thinks. BTW. Since Babcock will 100% re-sign what are the lottery numbers going to be next week? Whether people like it or not fact is Crosby is the best player in the game..followed by Stamkos and Toews. The difference between being a fan and being delusional is sometimes a small one so I'm not the one who has to give this a rest. I believe whatever I want and in case of Babcock I believe it when I see it.

I'm having a hard time buying that you'll believe anything "when you see it". Considering that many of us are seeing obvious, non-debateable things with this years Wings team that you are not, or have convinced yourself to ignore.

When you post these opinions constantly thread after thread after thread on a message board, you have to expect people to chime in.

I do think Babs will re-sign, but I'm definitely worried. I could see the challenge of fixing Toronto (I'm guessing the team he grew up liking being from northern Ontario) being a challenge he would want to take on. Plus, if he could go there, fix that team and take them to a cup ending the drought, that would add so much to his legacy.

Though winning with 2 generations of Wings would be pretty damn impressive to. I think he stays, I definitely don't see him going to Pittsburgh, I think he wants a challenge.

Yeah, you were convinced Datsyuk was gonna leave for Russia too. How did that work out Frank?

And in the summer where every other thread was a comment about how this team would be lucky to get 8th seed.

Someone that likes a challenge.

I think coaching an above average AHL roster and grooming them into full blown NHL players the last two years and still winning with your best players injured for most of last season was a bigger challenge AND accomplishment than coaching a team that has stacked up 1st round draft picks (Phil Kessel, van Riemsdyk, Lupul, Phaenuf, Bernier). Trust me, the Maple Leafs would be less of a challenge than what he did with the Red Wings roster and grooming.

Plus, I don't see whats so appealing to go to a franchise that has a tendency to fire coaches where in Detroit he's got job security and loyalty from management, players and fans. Who knows.

Crosby

Stamkos

Toews

You say?

:lol:

More like

Crosby

Malkin / Ovi

Ovi / Malkin

Nothing has changed, and in no way is Toews better then Zetterberg let alone Malkin and Ovi, besides him being younger.

Edited by darkmanx

Babcock grew up in Saskatchewan. He's more likely an Oilers fan growing up. And if he wants a challenge, Edmonton sure is a challenge too.

He was born in Manitouwadge, Ontario. I'm not sure when he moved to Sask.

Babcock grew up in Saskatchewan. He's more likely an Oilers fan growing up. And if he wants a challenge, Edmonton sure is a challenge too.

From Wikipedia,

"Although he was born inManitouwadge, Ontario, he grew up in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, which is often incorrectly listed as his birthplace. He spent the majority of his childhood moving around between Northern Ontario, Manitoba and the Northwest Territories, before his family settled in Saskatoon, which he considers his hometown."

Saskatoon is roughly the same distance from Calgary as it is to Edmonton, though Edmonton's a tiny bit closer. Looks like he was all around, though, so who knows who his childhood team was. I wonder why - A military family?

I really don't see Babcock going anywhere else. The way he speaks about the team in interviews, he just seems so personally invested in many up and coming players and very happy with the organization.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk