• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Oilers win the Draft Lottery

Rate this topic

Nope ... There so obsessed in thinking all they need is scoring to win

Lowe and mactavish need to go ... Only other hope is to actually have some picks outside of the 1st overalls actually pan out and become good players and from edmonton a past draft history it doesn't look like that's gonna happen

It's really quite amazing how many careers Edmonton has ruined.

....and the first draft pick goes to...edmonton!

to me this is the equivalent to your mom getting cancer, your car stolen, and your dog run over by the said car thief, all in the same day.

poor Mcdavid.

Eichel just laughed...

but look at the bright side....colorado didnt get him. pitts/boston/montreal/NYR didnt get him.

im....ok with this.

so...who's gonna be larkin's winger at 19th?

I feel bad for McDavid, Buffalo and Arizona. At least buffalo is getting one hell of a prospect and despite what some believe they will develop him the right way. Arizona still has OEL and will probably try to trade down for marner, Strome. That being said f*** you McTavish, f*** you Kevin Lowe, f*** you Katz those idiots are now getting the chance to ruin another prospect 4 first OA in six years that's a disgrace and they'll add Mathews next year.

Happy for their fans but the management there is a freaking joke and all of a sudden they become another player for Babcock..because that center depth is insane...McDavid, Hopkins Draisaitl and Klefbom, Nurse as a top pairing soon. That being said would anybody have a problem with 97 pulling a Lindros ? Poor kid looked like he was seconds away from crying. I think he wanted to be Sabre or maybe even a Leaf.

Edited by frankgrimes

The Leaf angle is an interesting scenario...IF and I say IF Edmonton feels that McDavid does not what to play there (like Lindros) and feels that they need to trade that pick, or McDavid once drafted, can you imagine the return for him? I can see BOTH Phanuef and Kessel being an Oiler in that trade. The Oil has "hand" here, but knowing the way the franchise in run, they will refuse to trade the pick or the player and force him to play for the worst franchise in the league right now, with no change seen in the near future.

I think the best thing to do is trade that pick to the highest bidder....and with a franchise player like McDavid being the prize, they could REALLY address a TON of needs...as long as they trade for assets, NOT more picks. They already have enough good young players, they need to address needs NOW. I think, though, Kevin Lowe just refuses to let go of the Good Ol' Days where his Edmonton team grew up together and won those 4 out of 5 Cups, and is just hoping that one day this current team flips that switch and becomes the 80's Oil again...I get it, but man it's been a LONG time.

An OEL hanifin pairing though...

Nice pairing but I think they'd need that big name star forward to draw in crowds ... Let's just hope for there same duclair and domi turn out to be nhl studs or the teams gone

In a way i woldnt mind if they left especially if it was quebec since it's like 2 hrs away from me and I could then. Maybe actually get tickets to see wings games since it's impossible to get some for habs games

Besides it be better than going to a game with all those delusional fans ... Apparently 2 women going for the sens last game got attacked with towels and shoved around and called whores by drunk idiots ... f***en sad

The wings should offer up a huge deal to try to land that pick to get McDavid if he doesn't want to play in Edmonton.

Howard, Smith, mantha and a 1st to get the McDavid pick. That'd be unbelievable lol

That's probably not enough or even close, but I actually think I would do that.

And I guarantee you McDavid would start the year in Grand Rapids....

Edited by wings4thecup06

That's probably not enough or even close, but I actually think I would do that.

And I guarantee you McDavid would start the year in Grand Rapids....

I would even be willing to add to that. And he would no doubt play in Detroit right away lol. one could only dream haha

McDavid today: "On second thought..."

'For years now, ever since it became apparent McDavid was a generational talent who would generate incredible buzz, the player has gone out of his way to ensure everyone knows he'll play for any team that drafts him. There'll be no attempt to call his shot, just as he didn't try to avoid going to a weak Erie franchise that took him No. 1 overall in the OHL draft.

"It's always been important to me to not be 'that guy,'" McDavid said. "My Dad told me that when I was going into the OHL. There was all sorts of talk about me skipping out on Erie, going somewhere else, and it was my Dad who told me, 'You don't want to be that guy.' I am grateful to him for that advice because it's so true, he was so right. The last three years in Erie have been the best three years of my life. I've always said I would be happy and honoured to play for any team. I have always felt strongly about that."'

-http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mcdavid-strome-prepared-for-all-lottery-outcomes-1.260030

McDavid today: "On second thought..."

'For years now, ever since it became apparent McDavid was a generational talent who would generate incredible buzz, the player has gone out of his way to ensure everyone knows he'll play for any team that drafts him. There'll be no attempt to call his shot, just as he didn't try to avoid going to a weak Erie franchise that took him No. 1 overall in the OHL draft.

"It's always been important to me to not be 'that guy,'" McDavid said. "My Dad told me that when I was going into the OHL. There was all sorts of talk about me skipping out on Erie, going somewhere else, and it was my Dad who told me, 'You don't want to be that guy.' I am grateful to him for that advice because it's so true, he was so right. The last three years in Erie have been the best three years of my life. I've always said I would be happy and honoured to play for any team. I have always felt strongly about that."'

-http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mcdavid-strome-prepared-for-all-lottery-outcomes-1.260030

And yea, I would have thought that would have been a massive red flag anyway, pulling a Lindros, especially in this day and age. But there's no harm in the wings making an offer for the number 1 pick is there?

Bob as always is spot on McDavid is a professionell he won't say it publically but like I said I would not blame him for pulling a Lindros. But man Hall - McDavid - Eberle that's a damn scary line for years to come.

as far as getting McDavid to Detroit forget about it: some serious gutting of the team would be needed we're talking about: firsts, Larkin, Mantha, Danny D. +++ it's not going to happen. Also the Edmonton Oilers - assuming he pulls a Lindros - won't get Kessel and Phaneuf because both have a NMC and I'm sure the Oilers are on that list.

All the Oilers now need to do is bring in some top 4 defenseman with size to guide Klefblom and Nurse and a proven Number 1 goaltender. If they do that we're looking at a sleeping giant in the West, granted Lowe and his palls could still screw this up.

My personal stance: The draft is a damn joke, these are young adults let them decide and si gn wherever they want to instead of forcing them to go to team X because some lottery balls decided that's the way to do it. I mean, did the Patriots a ball telling them to pick Tom Brady NO they've picked him because he wanted to be there and they wanted him.

The wings should offer up a huge deal to try to land that pick to get McDavid if he doesn't want to play in Edmonton.

Howard, Smith, mantha and a 1st to get the McDavid pick. That'd be unbelievable lol

Keep adding. More like:

Tatar, DK, Mantha, Larkin and a 1st

Bob as always is spot on McDavid is a professionell he won't say it publically but like I said I would not blame him for pulling a Lindros. But man Hall - McDavid - Eberle that's a damn scary line for years to come.

as far as getting McDavid to Detroit forget about it: some serious gutting of the team would be needed we're talking about: firsts, Larkin, Mantha, Danny D. +++ it's not going to happen. Also the Edmonton Oilers - assuming he pulls a Lindros - won't get Kessel and Phaneuf because both have a NMC and I'm sure the Oilers are on that list.

All the Oilers now need to do is bring in some top 4 defenseman with size to guide Klefblom and Nurse and a proven Number 1 goaltender. If they do that we're looking at a sleeping giant in the West, granted Lowe and his palls could still screw this up.

My personal stance: The draft is a damn joke, these are young adults let them decide and si gn wherever they want to instead of forcing them to go to team X because some lottery balls decided that's the way to do it. I mean, did the Patriots a ball telling them to pick Tom Brady NO they've picked him because he wanted to be there and they wanted him.

Then you'd never get anyone wanting to play in Edmonton, or some of the run down franchises, and half the teams in the league would be a joke, and we'd go back to the original 6 days before the draft even existed when the Canadiens would sign all the best young kids and you'd go back to having 2 or 3 dominant teams in the league.

Then you'd never get anyone wanting to play in Edmonton, or some of the run down franchises, and half the teams in the league would be a joke, and we'd go back to the original 6 days before the draft even existed when the Canadiens would sign all the best young kids and you'd go back to having 2 or 3 dominant teams in the league.

I'd be fine with it as long as we're one of those teams :D