• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nightfall

Knuckles vs Numbers - The death of the enforcer

Rate this topic

Yes.

Yes we have.

Ha.

I think well still have fighters ten years down the road, but they'll all just be the biggest players that can still be serviceable d men.

Like chara, if he never became a top pairing guy...

Some teams will get lucky and find top four giants who can also fight, simply because of how strong their massive frames are...

That's what I think.

I respect the roll the enforcer used to play, but the intangibles they bring don't overcome the negative impact they have on the actual game...

Why don't you just start your own thread about this? Maybe you can get it to 50 pages if you're lucky.

I thought you were all about glorifying Brian McGrattan beyond all sense of proportion? He's like the Keyser Soze of the NHL. A boogie man. So what's wrong with treating him that way?

And don't you dare pretend like you want to have a serious discussion about the role of fighting in hockey. That ship has long since sailed.

I thought you were all about glorifying Brian McGrattan beyond all sense of proportion? He's like the Keyser Soze of the NHL. A boogie man. So what's wrong with treating him that way?

And don't you dare pretend like you want to have a serious discussion about the role of fighting in hockey. That ship has long since sailed.

Oh yes, I forgot. GM's always put enforcers on their team for fun only. Not like they had more talented players in the minors that could have contributed more offensively. (Yeah right).

Oh yes, I forgot. GM's always put enforcers on their team for fun only. Not like they had more talented players in the minors that could have contributed more offensively. (Yeah right).

I'm really confused right now. Are you screwing with me? You're not seriously upset about us making fun of him are you?

Let's talk about the actual topic of the thread please.

Anymore comical posts about McGrattan will result in suspensions, bans, fines, etc.

What he said.

(Though if you're gonna do my job for me you should've also cited the forum rules, specifically the thread derailment portion. Also try to provide a link to the rules next time. I'll check in to see how you're doing while I'm on vacation)

Let's talk about the actual topic of the thread please.

What he said.

(Though if you're gonna do my job for me you should've also cited the forum rules, specifically the thread derailment portion. Also try to provide a link to the rules next time. I'll check in to see how you're doing while I'm on vacation)

How do you feel about the fines option I created, though?

There needs to be a hybrid, a player who can score, hit, fight, and enforce

Abby duhh it's called get a Power forward with balls, I could name a few.

I feel dirty everytime I have to draft that piece of s*** in fantasy. Cant stand him but the multiple stat categories he can fill are necessary to winning.

Hes my odds on favorite to be the next player to come out as having a major drug habit. You look at his facial expressions while playing and only thing I can think of is that it says coke fiend rage.

lmao

I've noticed a drop in fighting majors in the minors as well. Might just be the teams I'm watching.

According to dropyourgloves, there have been 482 fights in the NHL this season (not sure if that includes preseason as well). There were 555 total last year. In 2014, there were 694 total. 2013 was a shortened year, but had 394 fights. In 2012, there were 768.

So there's no doubt that fighting has decreased. Part of Bettman's plan to make hockey less enjoyable.

Edited by GMRwings1983

According to dropyourgloves, there have been 482 fights in the NHL this season (not sure if that includes preseason as well). There were 555 total last year. In 2014, there were 694 total. 2013 was a shortened year, but had 394 fights. In 2012, there were 768.

So there's no doubt that fighting has decreased. Part of Bettman's plan to make hockey less enjoyable.

It's been the worst, most un-entertaining season in years, so I guess job accomplished. Never fallen asleep during so many games,

I understand if people don't like this. but I don't see how anyone can vilify Bettman or the NHL.

When you have former players suing the NHL, and all the research about head trauma/CTE, the NHL doesn't have a choice but to head in this direction.

Its not as if Bettman is sitting there with the rest of the brass in a room thinking "How can we make hockey less enjoyable for the fans" while pressing his fingers on each other Mr. Burns style.

If they remove hitting, I will take my balls and leave. I don't think betam will ever ban fighting. Even though everyone ******* about him, he's proven to be a very good commissioner

I understand if people don't like this. but I don't see how anyone can vilify Bettman or the NHL.

When you have former players suing the NHL, and all the research about head trauma/CTE, the NHL doesn't have a choice but to head in this direction.

Its not as if Bettman is sitting there with the rest of the brass in a room thinking "How can we make hockey less enjoyable for the fans" while pressing his fingers on each other Mr. Burns style.

Each change has been for the worse , be it the southern expansion, reducing physicality , killing tradedeadlines and the UFA market and of course allowing the garbage known as Rogers to own the NHL rights.

I don't care who's fault it is but the reality is we are losing things that made our game great.

Even though everyone ******* about him, he's proven to be a very good commissioner

April fools was last week :)

Edited by frankgrimes

Each change has been for the worse , be it the southern expansion, reducing physicality , killing tradedeadlines and the UFA market and of course allowing the garbage known as Rogers to own the NHL rights.

I don't care who's fault it is but the reality is we are losing things that made our game great.

April fools was last week :)

Southern expansion has had more success stories than failures.

The game is faster and more physical between whistles then ever.

The salary cap has been great for the league despite the lack of trades and activity.

I'll give you the Rogers deal.

My comment had nothing to do with anything in bold. Me saying Bettman should not be vilified was purely in relation to the NHL's effort to protect the players. The other stuff....some I like, some I dont like, some I dont care about.

Yes the NHL has reduced physicality, but when you have to compare player safety vs fan enjoyment, I'm sorry but the players safety is more important then if you enjoy the game or not.