• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingzman91

Wings sign Brad Richards 1 yr, $3 million

Rate this topic

#97 is cool, anything but #90. I am pretty sure they won't let him wear #91, he may not even want to do so. But remember, #11 is also opening up...#17 is open, #22, #23 (I am sure Lashoff won't be back) There's always #24, #25, #28, #32, #33....along with a plethora of higher numbers...

SAY NO TO 90!!!

Edited by LeftWinger

I think the Richards signing is as simple as this... The Less Z and Helm have to play down the middle, hopefully the healthier they stay. Helms speed down the wing and less wear on Z the better.

Plus a 1 year contract takes the stress off Sheahan to be the only number 2 center we have and keeps Z and Pav together.

I don't see the negative, if some one can point it out that would be appreciated. All I see is positive depth, more depth at center, and plenty of options on the PP.

If it's true that Richards prefers the point on the PP, we went from a PP of:

Kronwall and Weiss, kindl, dekeyser, and what ever else to

Kronwall, green, Richards and smith/pulks/?

YES PLEASE!

I was kind of confused when I read of his signing, but after reading through this thread, this signing is starting to make more sense now. I’m hoping this results into Cleary not being signed and maybe going into some management position to keep him off the roster.

#97 is cool, anything but #90. I am pretty sure they won't let him wear #91, he may not even want to do so. But remember, #11 is also opening up...#17 is open, #22, #23 (I am sure Lashoff won't be back) There's always #24, #25, #28, #32, #33....along with a plethora of higher numbers...

SAY NO TO 90!!!

Cleary can have 90 on a T-shirt

Getting more scoring depth isn't a bad thing, especially when you have 2 big question marks with Datsyuk & Franzen. Which is another reason why it will be nice to see the goose locked up too..I feel Dats will be out longer then expected unfortunately so I would much rather see Richards out there then someone else...(cough cleary cough)

I really like this signing. We rid ourselves of Weiss' contract, and gained a much better option and only for one season. I believe this is the perfect stopgap before Larkin makes the team full time next season. Richards still has some good hockey left in him and I believe he will be good for 40-50 points next season as a 2nd/3rd line center...

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Tatar - Richards - Nyquist

Jurco - Sheahan - Pulkkinen

Miller - Glendening - Helm

Ferraro - Callahan

Waive Andersson

Franzen LTIR

Edited by krsmith17

Couldn't it be possible that holland is saying that based on what blashill told him?

Sure but I'm just assuming that blash would want to see these guys in training camp before he decides to start spouting off line combos. I guess I'm just used to Babcock saying stuff like I'll decide before the game what my lines are

Does anyone think that Babcock leaving made us more attractive to free agents? I know he's a widely respected coach for which many players would like to play. Just curious if the coaching change could be seen as a positive for players.

Sure but I'm just assuming that blash would want to see these guys in training camp before he decides to start spouting off line combos. I guess I'm just used to Babcock saying stuff like I'll decide before the game what my lines are

I think though, that when a GM is building a team he has to have some idea where the players he's signing are slotted to play, otherwise it'd just be completely random assortment of players. If Blashill wants to juggle after the team hits the ice, that's his job then.

Does anyone think that Babcock leaving made us more attractive to free agents? I know he's a widely respected coach for which many players would like to play. Just curious if the coaching change could be seen as a positive for players.

Can't say for sure but it seems like it might've helped Green make his decision..

"@Bill_Roose: Mike Green said he trains with new #RedWings teammate Darren Helm, who spoke very highly of Detroit's first-year head coach Jeff Blashill."

I was skeptical of this signing at first, but I think it will prove to be quite beneficial. Letting Sheahan play as an uber third line center against weaker match ups may help build his confidence and keeping Helm on the Wings is going to be a plus. I also think keeping Hank out of he pivot position will help his durability.

I think they are all tired of getting embarrassed by Datsyuk so they join the only team where that can't happen. :ninja:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I would consider moving Helm. Krsmith, just looking at your proposed lineup, he looks out of place on that fourth line now, but I've got the exact same top-nine in mind. I can't see him getting "fourth-line" money. Who knows what he's going to ask for next offseason. Abdelkader and DeKeyser will be in for bigger raises, Sheahan and Mrazek smaller ones.

I'd like to see what the team has in Jurco and Pulkkinen, and they're in good shape with Larkin/Athanasiou not far behind. I wouldn't go so far as to call Helm expendable, but he had a good season and he's got younger guys right behind him with higher offensive ceilings.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't think they'll move Helm. I think they'll kind of do a slow build with Pulkkinen, getting him to earn his ice time. If Mule is healthy, probably use Jurco on the 4th line with Miller-Glendening, which I'm not a fan of at all.

Edited by Jesusberg