• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Teams you didn't expect to still be winless

Rate this topic

My biggest surprises would be Pittsburgh (0-3-0), Columbus (0-4-0), and Los Angeles (0-3-0). Boston is in that group but appears to be on the verge of picking up their first win tonight.

Now before anything else is said, yes, the season just started, and while these records would be a death sentence in the NFL, hockey still has plenty of time left. I don't think anyone expected Columbus to be struggling this badly to start the year, or that Pittsburgh's high powered offense would have three goals in as many games.

Pittsburgh because I didn't expect Boston to be as good as they used to be. Pittsburgh is absolutely shocking I mean Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Maataa, Fleury and Kessel and still only loses? Granted it's early but so far things are not looking good for Mike Johnson. Not going after Babcock will turn out to be a huge mistake for GMJR.

The other 2 teams are obviously Ducks and the Kings. On paper the Ducks should be a force but man so far they've looked bad but not as bad as the Kings they are looking flatout bad and unorganized. Someone better tell the Kings that points in October are worth the same as points in February, March. But from all the teams I think Columbus is the most likely one to make a coaching change as soon as Boston fires Julien, this team should be much better they are healthy, young, mean and Bobvoski is usually not a bad goaltender so.

Haven't watched any Pittsburgh games, but even if I was surprised, I'm wouldn't be upset that the Pens are winless. :lol:

I'm surprised at the Jackets. Bob has had a shaky start (5.06 GAA // .832%) and while on paper it seems okay, their D is very suspect.

Murray - Savard

Tyutin - Johnson

Connauton - Prout

For the record, I ABSOLUTELY did see Pittsburgh's "high powered offense" struggling. Said so many times.

However, I thought Columbus would come out cooking. So I completely botched that one.

Exactly my thoughts. I remember you picking Pitts to miss the playoffs. Same here. Some people just don't get it. Just because you have a bunch of cereal box all stars doesn't mean you automatically get to win. Especially when these guys play 100 ft games.

I am also shcoked by Columbus (but not complaining) .

I actually like Columbus. I like pretty much all of their players, they've actually got great fans, and I like their style of play. And since I'm a Michigan State fan, I don't have that automatic hatred for Columbus that many folks do lol.

I'm surprised by the ducks. Flat against Vancouver in the home opener and then laid an egg against Phoenix last night.

What teams have impressed so far?

I think the two teams I mentioned above have had obviously terrific starts and I would toss in San Jose, too. Not to mention our Wings :cheesy:

I actually like Columbus. I like pretty much all of their players, they've actually got great fans, and I like their style of play. And since I'm a Michigan State fan, I don't have that automatic hatred for Columbus that many folks do lol.

Yeah. But when good teams are stinking it up, the better it is for the Wings playoff drive and seeding. Basically, I want everyone but Detroit to lose.

so much makes sense now lol, we are going to spank state this weekend!

Yeah. But when good teams are stinking it up, the better it is for the Wings playoff drive and seeding. Basically, I want everyone but Detroit to lose.

Yeah, right now the Metro Division (still the worst named division in sports) is pretty terrible. Obviously they'll even out over the season but none of their teams look that impressive. If the Florida Panthers played in that division they'd be making minced meat out of "perennial powerhouses" like the Pens, Rags, and Caps.

Apparently the Flyers are good. At least that's what their fans say. I don't buy it.

so much makes sense now lol, we are going to spank state this weekend!

Probably, I don't really care about football, so enjoy the victory. Football is basically one step above NASCAR when it comes to being an attractant for drunken plebeians. It basically appeals to the lowest common denominator. Present company excluded...of course.

I'd list all the reason why, but I'll let this EXCELLENT article from Sports Illustrated do it for me. Enjoy.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2011/10/06/nfl

Edited by kipwinger

Probably, I don't really care about football, so enjoy the victory. Football is basically one step above NASCAR when it comes to being an attractant for drunken plebeians. It basically appeals to the lowest common denominator. Present company excluded...of course.

I'd list all the reason why, but I'll let this EXCELLENT article from Sports Illustrated do it for me. Enjoy.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2011/10/06/nfl

Says the WWE fan. :lol:

Says the WWE fan. :lol:

The WWE isn't a sport, so its not comparable. The WWE is fictionalized drama, no different than Breaking Bad or Mad Men. So saying "says the WWE fan" in response to a criticism of sports is not much different than saying "says the Daily Show fan" if I'd been criticizing the news. They aren't the same thing.

Football, on the other hand, is a sport. The dumbest sport on earth. It's primary function is to give people like this a raison d'etre.

packers.jpeg

The WWE isn't a sport, so its not comparable. The WWE is fictionalized drama, no different than Breaking Bad or Mad Men. So saying "says the WWE fan" in response to a criticism of sports is not much different than saying "says the Daily Show fan" if I'd been criticizing the news. They aren't the same thing.

Football, on the other hand, is a sport. The dumbest sport on earth. It's primary function is to give people like this a raison d'etre.

packers.jpeg

You know I was only teasing about the wrestling. Also: I hate football.