• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Looking ahead at expansion draft

Rate this topic

On 6/15/2017 at 0:16 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'd actually prefer Vegas takes neither and we keep both, so I can watch Jimmy prove he is the superior netminder over Mraz and I can rub it in around here.

That being said, If Mrazek gets his attitude and bad play crap together and actually turns out to be a decent young goaltender, I'll gladly eat crow cause it will be good for the Red Wings.  

Can I serve it? lol 

23 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

Wasn't sure which thread to put this on, but looks like Mitch Callahan isn't coming back?  These tweets from him and his mom sure sound like he's moving on.

Yeah I posted the same thing in the Griffins thread. The Griffins banned him from drinking alcohol this year. Unfortunately I think his lifestyle off the ice was too much for the Wings.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah I posted the same thing in the Griffins thread. The Griffins banned him from drinking alcohol this year. Unfortunately I think his lifestyle off the ice was too much for the Wings.

Ah. I should have looked there first. My bad. That's too bad, hopefully he finds success elsewhere and the alcohol doesn't become a problem. 

49 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, that's the ticket, because I've said that so many times...only once you can prove.

I bet you were the kind of kid that would scream and cry if you didnt get to open all of your presents on christmas eve.

And then you would complain that the presents you received werent the ones you wanted.

This expansion draft is utter farce. Teams should not be allowed to make 'bungs' to Vegas so they won't pick a certain player they have to expose. It should be a straightforward pick one from each teams list for Vegas and that's it . The way it's going Vegas will have 62 draft picks an a AHL standard team that will get drilled nearly every game, thus losing the fan base before they have one !# 

7 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

This expansion draft is utter farce. Teams should not be allowed to make 'bungs' to Vegas so they won't pick a certain player they have to expose. It should be a straightforward pick one from each teams list for Vegas and that's it . The way it's going Vegas will have 62 draft picks an a AHL standard team that will get drilled nearly every game, thus losing the fan base before they have one !# 

You're absolutely right, that's they way I would have done it if I was running the NHL. However, all these extra trades are fun for me SO BACK OFF 

21 minutes ago, Bannedforlife said:

I bet you were the kind of kid that would scream and cry if you didnt get to open all of your presents on christmas eve.

And then you would complain that the presents you received werent the ones you wanted.

Uh....no. again, you think you know someone and you're dead wrong. 

You sure like to try to belittle people. Can you post on subject or even about hockey? Haven't seen it...

15 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I don't recall, when Nashville took Doug Brown from us back in the day, did we have protected list?

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Uh....no. again, you think you know someone and you're dead wrong. 

You sure like to try to belittle people. Can you post on subject or even about hockey? Haven't seen it...

I don't recall, when Nashville took Doug Brown from us back in the day, did we have protected list?

If we didn't, why did Nashville take Doug Brown?

1 hour ago, barabbas16 said:

If we didn't, why did Nashville take Doug Brown?

Hey man, Doug Brown was my dad's favorite player back then... don't go slagging off Doug Brown.  ;)

...actually, he was my Dad's favorite player.  I bought him a jersey for Christmas and everything...

Edited by e_prime

I just don't recall ever hearing the term protection list or ever reading about what players were left unprotected. Maybe it wasn't made public back then....

They did, the internet wasn't as prevalent back then though, so not asuch was released.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, e_prime said:

Hey man, Doug Brown was my dad's favorite player back then... don't go slagging off Doug Brown.  ;)

...actually, he was my Dad's favorite player.  I bought him a jersey for Christmas and everything...

Oh, I like Brownov.  It's just that Nashville likely would have selected... I don't know, possibly Fedorov if they had the chance. 

Or, maybe I have it all wrong and Nashville's goal was to get in good with the Maras.

Edited by barabbas16

Just now, amato said:

What's the record for picks in one draft? I wonder if Vegas breaks it :P   It also seems very possible that they're quick to success compared to other expansion teams if they do it right. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they end up with upwards of 30 picks.