• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

ECQF Game 1 Post-GDT: at Tampa Bay 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

We won't win this with Howard. Only shot is midseason-form Mrazek.

Exactly. For those saying that Mrazek sucked a "majority of the year"...

Feb 14's game against Boston was his first real bad one and the start of his decline. So in his 16 starts with and after that, he was under .900 save% in 8 of them. So lets say 8 really bad games. He lost 6 games, won 6 games, lost in OT in 1. Out of 49 starts, that's nothing. 2.33 GAA and .921 save% on the season. Yeah, he was horrible.
Howard's stats are 14-14-5 .906 save% and 2.80 GAA on the season. Not even a .500 goalie. Now add a playoff loss.
Edited by chaps80

Nyquist just isn't a goal scorer, it's obvious

I disagree. He is a goal scorer. Not an elite talent but a decent scorer. I think hes just not mentally strong. When he first came up there was no pressure on him to produce and he played a lot better. Once the team started needing him to produce is when hes gone to s***. Get a true scorer on the team and I think it will help him. Same goes for Tatar. They arent guys that are gonna carry the load

Feb 14's game against Boston was his first real bad one and the start of his decline. So in his 16 starts with and after that, he was under .900 save% in 8 of them. So lets say 8 really bad games. He lost 6 games, won 6 games, lost in OT in 1. Out of 49 starts, that's nothing. .233 GAA and .921 save% on the season. Yeah, he was horrible.
Howard's stats are 14-14-5 .906 save% and .906 GAA on the season. Not even a .500 goalie. Now add a playoff loss.

I think the main difference is Mrazek helps the D out the way Bishop does by moving the puck. Both goalies are shaky right now but Mrazek has that edge.

Feb 14's game against Boston was his first real bad one and the start of his decline. So in his 16 starts with and after that, he was under .900 save% in 8 of them. So lets say 8 really bad games. He lost 6 games, won 6 games, lost in OT in 1. Out of 49 starts, that's nothing. .233 GAA and .921 save% on the season. Yeah, he was horrible.
Howard's stats are 14-14-5 .906 save% and .906 GAA on the season. Not even a .500 goalie. Now add a playoff loss.

I havnt seen anyone say hes sucked all year. Kid was a stud until the mid feb. Then his game went all to s*** with no signs of him finding it. It was bad enough where you could honestly say that bad Mrazek was worse than bad Howard. Goaltending is all about what have you done for me lately and lately Mrazek has been s*** where Howards has been good enough to get points.

Edited by GoalieManPat

anyone really expect to win a game? especially with our retarded coach?

guy has datsyuk Z richards nyquist and abs out there the last 90 seconds cause any of them can score

i dont have a problem with datsyuk but everyone else cannot find the back of the net

and guys today was no different than all season play 45 mins and let off the gas the last 15 mins of the game. this has nothing to do with the players

I am a huge zetterberg fan but his time is up

AA came out flying tonight and he barely played after the first 10 mins of the game

retarded coaching

Kronwall was atrocious, he wasnt very good all season but today he didn't even look like he should be playing. I knew we needed someone else for the top pairing next season to play with Dekeyser and Kronwall on the 2nd pairing but now he is more like a bottom pairing D man.

He tries to make plays or passes up over half of his scoring chances, and I never see him aggressive in the crease which tells me he's not a goal scorer. He has a good shot no doubt but his first year he scored a bunch cause we had no one else to, second year same thing but mainly cause we had an amazing PP now the third year our pp is s*** and his numbers really take a hit. He's a guy who can make plays for your team and score when he has space because of his nice shot, I'd say he's more of a playmaker tho.

guy has datsyuk Z richards nyquist and abs out there the last 90 seconds cause any of them can score

i dont have a problem with datsyuk but everyone else cannot find the back of the net

and guys today was no different than all season play 45 mins and let off the gas the last 15 mins of the game. this has nothing to do with the players

AA came out flying tonight and he barely played after the first 10 mins of the game

retarded coaching

Sucks but it's true...

I havnt seen anyone say hes sucked all year. Kid was a stud until the mid feb. Then his game went all to s*** with no signs of him finding it. Goaltending is all about what have you done for me lately and lately Mrazek has been s*** where Howards has been good enough to get points.

I didn't say all year, but may be majority was the wrong word. Anyways, people act like one bad month has ruined his career when most of what we've seen from him has been very good to elite performances.

I thought the Wings played pretty good up until the third period. That was MUCH better than last year's first game. For most of the series last year, it looked like the Wings were just barely hanging on....and they still managed to push it to 7. If Wings can play this well for the rest of the series and can get some decent goaltending, they might be in good shape.

Things to clean up like faceoffs, communications between forwards and defense as there were some troubling situations of backside defense going to the net unmarked, and the powerplay must pot one. Don't care how just knock one home. Nyquist and Tatar, one of you please live up to your lofty press clippings.

A solid road game, I thought Blashill did well and most importantly, sans an 8 minute hard push by Tampa in the third nothing that says the Wings can't compete in, or win this series. Better effort next game and maybe a couple lucky hops will come our way.

I thought the Wings played pretty good up until the third period. That was MUCH better than last year's first game. For most of the series last year, it looked like the Wings were just barely hanging on....and they still managed to push it to 7. If Wings can play this well for the rest of the series and can get some decent goaltending, they might be in good shape.

We should have won last year. We blew the series with numerous chances to finish them off.

retarded coaching

Yes how dare he put out most of the teams top scorers when he has Andersson there!

Holland is the idiot, It's clear who's running the show in Detroit and its him he constantly ices this s***ty defense. I'm sure he inclines Blash to play the vets too AA and Larkin need more ice time and the other needs to start playing center asap. If that doesn't happen and Mrazek doesn't get the net in time this series is over, future is bright indeed.

I didn't say all year, but may be majority was the wrong word. Anyways, people act like one bad month has ruined his career when most of what we've seen from him has been very good to elite performances.

One month doesnt ruin a career. When it comes in the middle of a playoff race in the last month of the season though you cant expect to keep your starting job.

retarded coaching

Preach brother - I don't remember the last time i EXPECTED to win a playoff game. Probably back in 2013. We need to give up this ridiculous idea of the euro twins and actually play with some speed. That line was terrible tonight because they went horizontal. AA goes vertical and creates chances and draws penalties - blashill is blind if he can't see that or stupid if he chooses to do nothing.

Tonight's loss isn't on Howard and hardly warrants a change in goal, imo.

I remember people on LGW used to call Lebda "Lebderp." Well, with that precedent, tonight we saw Derpen Helm. What a complete butt clown that guy was. Maybe, if he tries to get more than $2.75 million per next season, they can just play tonight's game tape to talk some sense into him.