• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECF : Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

This is why I'm watching hockey less and less. If it's not the Wings, it's two teams I hate or two teams I don't even care exist. In this case, it's the former. The Bolts beat the Pens all three times during the regular season, but right now I can't see the Pens losing to anyone that's left. Chicago, LA, Washington probably had the best chance to knock them off, now all are eliminated. TB is only this far because they played a dysfunctional Wings team and a soft Isles. Nothing they've faced has prepared them for this matchup.

While most are probably picking PIT in this one, I think it might be a pretty tight series. While TB is not nearly as strong of a team as WSH, they may match up better against PIT. Their speed is going to be a factor.

It's not always the best teams that win, I think I've mentioned it before, a team can really struggle against one team and a different team handles quite easily (e.g. team A can get blown out by team B, but easily beat Team C....that doesn't mean that team C couldn't blow out team B). Teams just match up better against certain teams than others.

Game one tonight. Tampa is trying to make a repeat of last year's finals appearance. Despite being the "beatable" team in many people's eyes, here they are with a chance to play to be the East's finalist.

I used to have a mantra that was - root for the team that puts your team out to go all the way. The reason being that if you got beat, you want to know you got beat by the best.

I don't necessarily still follow that, but I am rooting for the Bolts over the Antarctic Chickens.

Edited by FireCaptain