• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffP

Jeff Blashill

Rate this topic

well Jurco would be happy having his old coach behind the bench, he may get utilized correctly for once.

2 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

wow really, Blash? Ott in the PP

because it's not the system that it's flawed, it's the damn players that don't make it work

its amazing really, Green is out and the only other decent shot from the point is watching from the press box so he can learn more! 

Seriously, the Wings have a terrible PP and his solution is to put 5 forwards on the top unit and Steve F-ing Ott on the second unit.  I bet even Ott said what the f---.  How the hell does this s--- for brains have a job in the NHL still?  This is Matt Millen level incompetence.  What's next, Glendening an Miller with Ott with Lashoff and Sheahan on the points?

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Larkin-Athanasiou-Jurco

Do it now, Blashill.

Lol Jurco???!!?? Really. The guy is the least deserving of a spot on the roster than anyone,

4 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

These players are letting Blashill down.

Poor guy spent his entire childhood dreaming of coaching his hometown team, only to inherit a roster full of jobbers and untalented AHL scrubs.    

Tatar and Nyquist seemed to have talent until Blash took over. One player regressing with a new coach is just circumstances. Multiple players regressing under a guy is a bad trend for that coach.

2 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

Lol Jurco???!!?? Really. The guy is the least deserving of a spot on the roster than anyone,

Tatar and Nyquist seemed to have talent until Blash took over. One player regressing with a new coach is just circumstances. Multiple players regressing under a guy is a bad trend for that coach.

Then what is it when every player regresses? 

Ott on PP but Sheahan is finally off. Took this coach 30 something games to realize that telly tubby isn't doing anything.

How hilarious would it be if Ott scores on the PP?

Edited by kickazz

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Ott on PP but Sheahan is finally off. Took this coach 30 something games to realize that telly tubby isn't doing anything.

I have no doubt Ott scores on the PP before Sheahan does with equal playtime. Chances are it would be off his butt, but he would get a goal before Sheahan.

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

4 hours ago, xault said:

I have no doubt Ott scores on the PP before Sheahan does with equal playtime. Chances are it would be off his butt, but he would get a goal before Sheahan.

My New Year's resolution is to score more often than Riley Sheahan.

Edited by GMRwings1983

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

I would have to think that he will be taking the "Holmstrom role" which actually makes that more likely then some may think. It would be funny lol.

4 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

I don't know whether to be pissed at Blashill for using Ott on the pp or relieved that he's finally trying something different to get the power play going.

can't be mad at him for trying, at least it seems like he's trying to change the strategy, going the unconventional way, wether it works or not all we can dois wait and see.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This just shows how lost our coach is.  #1 rule of the PP = have a point shot.  A good PP has 2, but you need at least one threat to keep the defense spread and honest.  Our players at the point SUCK.  So our power play crumbles.  If there is one team this team needs immediately, it's a guy who can get heavy shots through the traffic from the point because he plays with his head up.  Was hoping Smith would turn into that, but he plays with his head down and just kills skate guards and shin pads.  Our pp will be awful until we have at least one threat to score from the blueline.  Al MacInnis where are you?

Blues alum game yesterday. Probably sleeping off all the barley pops he had with Chrissy Pronger last night.

Vanek Zetterberg Mantha Nielsen Kronwall

Nyquist Larkin Tatar Dekeyser Sproul

Better PP units than anything they've used for most of the last month and I'm not even an NHL coach. Balshill needs to go now.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

Anyone think Paul MacLean would be a good fit to bring back here?

I wouldn't be against it, but I don't think his history with the Wings would necessarily be a benefit to the team over any other candidate without the personal history of coaching here.  In other words I wouldnt give him any special treatment during an interview process/candidate hunt.