• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

11/8 GDT - Red Wings 3, Philadelphia Flyers 2 (SO)

Missed the game, just checked the boxscore. Jimmy with a SO win??? I'm impressed, especially since we all know he usually sucks in them. Good job...startin to actually think he's for real this year now. AA with the tying goal..sweet, that's what we need. Let's keep the W's comin boys!!

20 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Missed the game, just checked the boxscore. Jimmy with a SO win??? I'm impressed, especially since we all know he usually sucks in them. Good job...startin to actually think he's for real this year now. AA with the tying goal..sweet, that's what we need. Let's keep the W's comin boys!!

Jimmy never lasts a whole year playing well. Now Blashill should still be going back to Petr next game. Petr had a great game in St. Louis and then had to sit so Howard could play, so even though Howard played good tonight, Petr should get the next start.

Just tuned in when OT started.Did Jimmy learn how handle shootouts?!! Nice to get a win! Some funny business by Nyquist and DK in OT, but didn't get burned. 

I think we had mostly youth out there for OT (except Z and Neilson played a bit) which was good to see.

I only saw the little bit of Bertuzzi in OT (kind of bumbled the puck). That seems like a show of confidence. How did he look the rest of the game?

8 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Jimmy never lasts a whole year playing well. Now Blashill should still be going back to Petr next game. Petr had a great game in St. Louis and then had to sit so Howard could play, so even though Howard played good tonight, Petr should get the next start.

Yeah I know. Howard is in the zone right now, but there's a fine line between him being stellar and horrible..there's never really a middle ground. If he continues playing well, Holland might start getting some calls about a trade. I think Mrazek should get the next start too. No need to overwork either goalie, and hopefully Howard stepping up has lit a fire under his ass.

Edited by chaps80

21 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah I know. Howard is in the zone right now, but there's a fine line between him being stellar and horrible..there's never really a middle ground. If he continues playing well, Holland might start getting some calls about a trade. I think Mrazek should get the next start too. No need to overwork either goalie, and hopefully Howard stepping up has lit a fire under his ass.

I think it will.  Part of me thinks Petr let up a bit mentally after being anointed the starter, and Howard's play will fire him up to reclaim it.