• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/26 GDT: Montreal Canadiens at Red Wings, 7:00 EST

I won't be talking to much as I have a skate session coming up in 15 minutes. Just wanted to chime in that I am Ok with us getting one point. Could have been two points but also it was much more likely that it would be Zero points. All in all, an Ok result.

Are there still some people who don't think we need Ott to protect the kids, as I wrote in the New Jersey game thread? How many more injuries do you need to get the point? I know it's not an enforcer game any more, but it is a contact sport where young men are bullied.

8 hours ago, kickazz said:

Me lol? No it was you. Here's your post in the scoring thread: You expected Larkin to have 10 goals in 16 games he had played at the time. That's 51 goals in 82 games. You're expectations are ridiculous

Posted November 14 · Report post

As I wrote, I had posted that prior to our last 3-1 win against Chicago but in the wrong thread. 
Are you telling me that you are satisfied with our lack of wins? Our more talented players are not scoring enough goals and Larkin, for all the chances he has had, should have around 10 goals. Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The math freaks approve of this post.

14 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I'm kinda dissapointed with Bertuzzi so far. I thought he liked to hit and fight like his uncle did before he almost killed Moore. He did in the OHL anyways. Didn't see him play in GR.

Yeah he wasnt the player i was expecting either. Wonder if anyone else gonna come up since lil berts out for a bit.

I've actually always really liked Emelin and watched him throughout his career.  I thought he was one of the better clean hitters in the game. He definitely doesn't have a history of playing dirty though he was very reckless last night. 

Just now, kipwinger said:

I've actually always really liked Emelin and watched him throughout his career.  I thought he was one of the better clean hitters in the game. He definitely doesn't have a history of playing dirty though he was very reckless last night. 

I thought the hit on Bertuzzi was, like you said, reckless rather than dirty. I wasn't legitimately angry until the knee into Larkin's leg. I remember my friends and I doing that to eachother as kids, it seemed like an intentional shot to me. I remember Neilsen being hurt around him too after going into a board scrum with him, but couldn't see what actually happened so not sure on that one.

Just now, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I thought the hit on Bertuzzi was, like you said, reckless rather than dirty. I wasn't legitimately angry until the knee into Larkin's leg. I remember my friends and I doing that to eachother as kids, it seemed like an intentional shot to me. I remember Neilsen being hurt around him too after going into a board scrum with him, but couldn't see what actually happened so not sure on that one.

He reminds me a little bit of Abby.  He's a rough, physical, guy and he can step over the line on occasion, but I've never considered him "dirty" per se.  I realize it's an arbitrary distinction, but I've never seen him look to injure guys the way some do.

Didn't see the game and was curious about these hits people are talking about. I only found video of the Bertuzzi one and thought I'd put it here for anyone else curious.

To me, when a guy is making a hard turn with speed in the corner like that, you should let up on the hit, but the hit itself isn't dirty. Emelin does have a history of these kind of checks at that dangerous distance from the boards. Sometimes they get a boarding call out it. I do think some of it is on Bertuzzi to be aware of his situation and can't put himself on that angle (not to blame the victim, but it's something he'll get used to in the league). There was one similar hit I remember that Emelin made on Larkin were he got called for and then Abby fought him, but I don't think it was in the corner.

20 hours ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Well this is nice.

CyOnSMgWgAA2rKo.gif

Damn skippy! That's a save alot of goalies won't make. Those Czech goalies have some moves for sure.

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Detroit's already neutered him :/

I hope not, but he def doesn't look like the same player I remember watching. Wasn't he hitting everything and fighting in GR too? Might still be getting used to the NHL game though. Hopefully that's it.

Edited by chaps80

14 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

Are there still some people who don't think we need Ott to protect the kids, as I wrote in the New Jersey game thread? How many more injuries do you need to get the point? I know it's not an enforcer game any more, but it is a contact sport where young men are bullied.

I agree Ott needs to be out there, if only for that reason. It seems whenever this team signs a guy who isn't afraid to stick up for teammates and drop the gloves, he ends up being a healthy scratch alot, or is gone entirely before long. This team is full of young kids and small skill players. Liberties and injury attempts are taken nightly by most any team the plays the Wings. They know no one will do s***, except Abdelkader, Errorsson or Smith sometimes, and they aren't much of a deterrent. Not saying Ott would deter all liberties, but he would help for sure.

Does anyone actually believe that having an enforcer would do prevent the opposition from hitting the Wings? Sure its a nice thing to say but in the current NHL players dont care who is on the other teams roster. If your job is to hit everything that moves then they are going to do just that. The game is completely different than it was 20+ years ago. A player is more afraid of his coach sending him down for not hitting a guy than the repercussions from the other team. You could plop coked out Probert on the roster and the wings will still get run.

3 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

Does anyone actually believe that having an enforcer would do prevent the opposition from hitting the Wings? Sure its a nice thing to say but in the current NHL players dont care who is on the other teams roster. If your job is to hit everything that moves then they are going to do just that. The game is completely different than it was 20+ years ago. A player is more afraid of his coach sending him down for not hitting a guy than the repercussions from the other team. You could plop coked out Probert on the roster and the wings will still get run.

Well I don't believe it would prevent any opposition from hitting. I just hope it lessens the chances by a small amount of our players getting hurt and used as rag dolls. They will still get bullied. I doubt they will get overly bullied though when some hardliners are around.

5 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

Well I don't believe it would prevent any opposition from hitting. I just hope it lessens the chances by a small amount of our players getting hurt and used as rag dolls. They will still get bullied. I doubt they will get overly bullied though when some hardliners are around.

If you got a guy that can play and have another player's back I'm all for it.  Enforcers, for me at least, make the game a little bit more exciting.  

Given the fact of how much production you lose overall, through the games missed by injured players due to opponents like Emelin, you could argue that having some 4thlining goon just for making those guys think twice about the immediate possible consequences would make an overall "plus" at the end of the day.

And to be honest..as long, as we have guys like Ott and Miller who don't produce at all anyway...well, might have someone like Matt Cooke instead, just for intimidation and protection. I'm pretty sure we would benefit from that.

That's my stance given the current circumstances, don't get me wrong. First of all this joke of a league should get all those idiots removed from the league...but not going to happen...that whole discussion about protection and player safety and health is completely fake...

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

Do you know how many games Mantha has played in this season? 

Both he and Larkin would have scored more goals if they had not miss the nets most of the time. Mantha 's shots usually bounce of the boards behind the nets and with a very loud bang... would be nice to hit the back of the nets instead, no????
I insist that I like both of them but they need to aim their shots better!

19 hours ago, cdjen said:

Both he and Larkin would have scored more goals if they had not miss the nets most of the time. Mantha 's shots usually bounce of the boards behind the nets and with a very loud bang... would be nice to hit the back of the nets instead, no????
I insist that I like both of them but they need to aim their shots better!

Their shooting percent is 9.1 and 9.5. They're fine lol. 

Their shooting percent is 9.1 and 9.5. They're fine lol. 

Nice to see both of them score today against Dallas. Now what we need is a few other ones like Tatar and Nyquist to wake up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk