• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

AA

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

So then, with AA coming back, who goes down? I think Mantha should never see GR again. I'm sure Bertuzzi will go back, but I also think Miller should be waived. I like him, but when Helm returns, there will be too many forwards. Mantha and AA must stay....but Holland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So then, with AA coming back, who goes down? I think Mantha should never see GR again. I'm sure Bertuzzi will go back, but I also think Miller should be waived. I like him, but when Helm returns, there will be too many forwards. Mantha and AA must stay....but Holland. 

Probably Nosek and/or Lashoff. I cant see Holland sending down Mantha to keep Nosek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Nosek has already been sent down to help clear cap space for Howard. I can see Bertuzzi going down for AA. But when Helm gets back, we will have another traffic jam. Sheahan stays in, I hope Miller gets waived before Mantha gets booted.

With Mantha playing the way he is, I would have to think that Bertuzzi or Miller would be sent down first. Mantha needs to be on the big club, he's a benefit to the team in the short term, and the long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one needs to go down, since we still have several others on IR. If Capfriendly is right, Nosek didn't even have to go down. Probably only sent him down because there's almost no chance of him playing.

Bert should, and probably will, go down once he's healthy. If no one else is injured by the time Abby and Helm come back, I would guess Jurco would be the odd man out unless he starts scoring. Could go the easy route with Mantha if he falters, but if he keeps up his pace he'll stay.

Of course, whether we ever get healthy enough to have to make a decision is a big if.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larkin was demoted to 4th line or whatever but he's still averaging 1st line minutes. Blashill's attempting to run 4 scoring lines but obviously people are pissed because they see it as a demotion for Larkin rather than a balancing of the lines especially with all the injuries we have. Not saying I approve of this, but this is the only explanation I could think of. 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Larkin was demoted to 4th line or whatever but he's still averaging 1st line minutes. Blashill's attempting to run 4 scoring lines but obviously people are pissed because they see it as a demotion for Larkin rather than a balancing of the lines especially with all the injuries we have. Not saying I approve of this, but this is the only explanation I could think of. 

 

It's the being stuck playing with guys like Miller and Ott and the fourth line that rubs us folks the wrong way. If it is guys like Miller and Ott who get the axe when AA returns, all will be well. Though at this point I'll believe it when I see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, I would be ecstatic if we ran 4 scoring lines that could do some damage (I.E not Drew Miller as Larkin's winger), but at least we're sort of moving in the direction. Now all we need is some guys to come back from injury and see if Blash actually is trying to run 4 scoring lines or if I'm just giving him too much credit :lol:

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

It's the being stuck playing with guys like Miller and Ott and the fourth line that rubs us folks the wrong way. If it is guys like Miller and Ott who get the axe when AA returns, all will be well. Though at this point I'll believe it when I see it. 

Hey, Drew Miller is a former Cup winner.  He'll give us that experience needed for a deep playoff run.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, marcaractac said:

It's the being stuck playing with guys like Miller and Ott and the fourth line that rubs us folks the wrong way. If it is guys like Miller and Ott who get the axe when AA returns, all will be well. Though at this point I'll believe it when I see it. 

At least Larkin doesn't play all of each game on the 4th line. You could see him with Z and Mantha for a goal last game, with Vanek and Nyquist for another goal and plenty of other shifts.

Maybe Larkin on the 4th line is just a strategy to give Larkin some lower competition to get used to the center position. Or maybe a way to double shift him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure there's a legit reason behind it. Like I know we all think Blashill has idiotic tendencies. But this would be way borderline mental if he has him on 4th line for purely "demotion" reasons. And so far with the minutes Larkin is getting (18 minutes last game) it seems like he's being worked for sure. 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Mantha-Zetterberg-Tatar

Nyquist-Nielsen-Vanek

Abdelkader-Larkin-Jurco

Athanasiou-Helm-Glendening

Sheahan/Bertuzzi

If everyone is healthy, do Miller and Ott have a spot on the roster?

 

Seeing this forward lineup really bums me out knowing the defense is in the state its in. Though I do feel when healthy, the Vanek-Helm-Goose line should be back together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now