• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Soy milk, almond milk.... BS. Show me the teat on a soy bean or almond and them you can call it milk. Almond milk is really just nut juice.

Yes, but something tells me that branding a product Nut Juice wouldn't be good for business. 

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

I wouldn't worry about his lack of pull ups. At this point in his career its all about skating and that ain't using his arms as much as his lower body. As he matures he will fill out and the weight room will be his second home! When i enlisted into the Army as a young 17 yr old i only managed 3 pull ups and the target was 5. I recall the PTI telling dont worry kid, we'll sort that out, and true to his word at the end of my training the gym test came and i hit the bar and knocked out 33, so im sure wherever he ends up they will get him beefed up.

4 hours ago, amato said:

casey-mittelstadt.jpg

Now I'm imagining a top prospect in the draft doing exactly this on his first pull-up attempt :D thanks for that. 

It is somewhat surprising. Maybe his weight is 70+% legs haha 

I'm sure he'll put on plenty of weight at Minny but damn that picture of him is a little sad... Hopefully this helps him fall to us :ninja: 

No thanks...

32 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Anybody know which player got the best combine results this year? Is there a rock solid dynamo that has surpassed his projected draft # ? 

Josh Norris seems to be the beast at this years combine.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/2017-nhl-combine-results-top-10-drill/

Projected to go in the 2nd round. Michigan native with good size, 6'1", 192 lbs. Center.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Josh Norris seems to be the beast at this years combine.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/2017-nhl-combine-results-top-10-drill/

Projected to go in the 2nd round. Michigan native with good size, 6'1", 192 lbs. Center.

Yeah because he's a Michigan native and combine beast, I saw a lot of Wings fans around the web suggesting we trade down like we did to get Mantha and Bertzuzzi.

Give up the 9th and take Norris and someone else as late 1st rounders. However, his draft stock might have rose quite a bit after the combine. Before the combine I know he was seen as a late 1st, early 2nd type guy. Could be different now.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah because he's a Michigan native and combine beast, I saw a lot of Wings fans around the web suggesting we trade down like we did to get Mantha and Bertzuzzi.

Give up the 9th and take Norris and someone else as late 1st rounders. However, his draft stock might have rose quite a bit after the combine. Before the combine I know he was seen as a late 1st, early 2nd type guy. Could be different now.

If we're trading back he wouldn't be my first choice, but if we had two mid-late 1st round picks, I guess I wouldn't be opposed to taking him with one of them...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If we're trading back he wouldn't be my first choice, but if we had two mid-late 1st round picks, I guess I wouldn't be opposed to taking him with one of them...

I don't feel strongly either way. However, this might be one of the smarter drafts to trade down in.

Craig Button's final draft rankings...

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hischier-edges-patrick-in-final-ranking-1.772654

Like always, a few players moved up and a few others moved down. I was really surprised to see Tippett fall all the way down to 23 though. Also surprised to see Makar as the top ranked defenseman at number 3, ahead of both Heiskanen and Liljegren. Glass is at 4 and Vilardi dropped down to 6. Josh Norris, who destroyed the combine ranks number 25.

If this is how the first 8 are selected, I hope we draft one of Liljegren or Suzuki at 9.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Craig Button's final draft rankings...

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hischier-edges-patrick-in-final-ranking-1.772654

Like always, a few players moved up and a few others moved down. I was really surprised to see Tippett fall all the way down to 23 though. Also surprised to see Makar as the top ranked defenseman at number 3, ahead of both Heiskanen and Liljegren. Glass is at 4 and Vilardi dropped down to 6. Josh Norris, who destroyed the combine ranks number 25.

If this is how the first 8 are selected, I hope we draft one of Liljegren or Suzuki at 9.

I'm hoping Pettersson drops to us at 9. Button compares him Zetterberg, which obviously helps for a Wings fan, but the thing everyone keeps hammering home about this kid is how offensively creative he is. I like this. I want this.

I would not be unhappy with Liljegren, Necas, or Suzuki though.

Tippett must have had a pretty poor showing at the combine to drop that far so late. Anyone following the combine care to comment?

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm hoping Pettersson drops to us at 9. Button compares him Zetterberg, which obviously helps for a Wings fan, but the thing everyone keeps hammering home about this kid is how offensively creative he is. I like this. I want this.

I would not be unhappy with Liljegren, Necas, or Suzuki though.

Tippett must have had a pretty poor showing at the combine to drop that far so late. Anyone following the combine care to comment?

Pettersson wouldn't be my first choice at 9, but I wouldn't hate it. Same goes for Necas.

I posted a link to the combine results a few posts back, and yeah, Tippett dropping so far down could be due to a poor showing. He didn't rank in the top 10(+) in any of the dozen or so tests that took place at the combine...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Pettersson wouldn't be my first choice at 9, but I wouldn't hate it. Same goes for Necas.

I posted a link to the combine results a few posts back, and yeah, Tippett dropping so far down could be due to a poor showing. He didn't rank in the top 10(+) in any of the dozen or so tests that took place at the combine...

Tippett would be a dumpster fire of a pick at #9

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tippett would be a dumpster fire of a pick at #9

Meh, I wouldn't go that far. He's been compared over and over again to Kessel, but maybe it's not just his style of play... Maybe Tippett hates working out and loves hot dogs and doughnuts, but if he can play hockey and score goals like Kessel, I don't care if he ever steps foot in the gym... I'd take Kessel at number 9 in this year's draft.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Meh, I wouldn't go that far. He's been compared over and over again to Kessel, but maybe it's not just his style of play... Maybe Tippett hates working out and loves hot dogs and doughnuts, but if he can play hockey and score goals like Kessel, I don't care if he ever steps foot in the gym... I'd take Kessel at number 9 in this year's draft.

Button has Poehling, Joseph, Tolvanen, Andersson, Chytil, and Lipanov all above Tippett. I've never even heard of these guys. I'm sure I do not follow the draft as closely as you, but I think that fact is quite telling. The lackluster combine performance doesn't help either. Drafting Tippett at #9 doesn't mean we get Phil Kessell, just like drafting Pettersson at #9 doesn't mean we get Henrik Zetterberg. They're style of play comparisons. That's it.

I would be happy to have Tippett, I think he's a great player, but I'm not in favor of using the 9th pick on a guy ranked at 23.