• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm for keeping Sheahan. Don't know what is up with him this year, but he's proven to be a solid forward in the past, and should get better with age if he can put this hiccup season behind him.

To my eye, he's looked half a step too slow this season. I'm wondering if maybe he bulked up too much in the offseason and it's thrown off his game.

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

To my eye, he's looked half a step too slow this season. I'm wondering if maybe he bulked up too much in the offseason and it's thrown off his game.

Could very well be a thing. I any case, training this summer needs to be adjusted. Team didn't seem ready to play from the onset of the season,

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Khan - "Blashill said he'll dress best 20 players available tomorrow. So no plans on holding out player who might be traded."

F***! Really wish Vanek would be healthy scratched...

Yeah it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to play anyone we know is getting dealt. 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Khan - "Blashill said he'll dress best 20 players available tomorrow. So no plans on holding out player who might be traded."

F***! Really wish Vanek would be healthy scratched...

I'm hoping/guessing this means our big deals will be done by tomorrow night and that Holland and Blashill both know it.

We'll see. :mellow:

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nope... The fact that Vanek is playing tomorrow night scares the s*** out of me...

I know eh?

I just have this feeling that Holland might think the offers for Smith and Vanek are "not good enough" and then we will end up losing these guys in the summer for nothing.

God I hope I am wrong...

52 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nope... The fact that Vanek is playing tomorrow night scares the s*** out of me...

Posturing to try to increase the value of assets by making it appear as if they are unwilling to part with that. I doubt it does much.

1 hour ago, robb himself said:

Am I the only one who has a horrible feeling that we don't trade anyone and miss out on these high prices?

I feel Holland will hold out for too high a price, and teams will just pursue other players. Vanek, Smith, and Ott should have had played their last game as a Wing at this point. Playing them tomorrow would be idiotic. 

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I get the worry, but most of the trades end up going down on the Deadline Day, March 1st. We still have 2+ days till then.

Although the league has been active earlier this year it seems like.

That wasn't the case at all last year. 

As for the worry, it stems from the organization being idiots and willing to play a player in tomorrow's game that, going by current market value in trades, can easily fetch a first round pick. If Vanek gets hurt tomorrow, he has zero trade value. 

18 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

As for the worry, it stems from the organization being idiots and willing to play a player in tomorrow's game that, going by current market value in trades, can easily fetch a first round pick. If Vanek gets hurt tomorrow, he has zero trade value. 

Last year was indeed an odd year. Which day had more trades than deadline day?

33 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I checked, and it was in fact the case.

16 trades on deadline day. In the 6 days leading up to deadline day there was 16 trades combined for all 6 days.

So yes, even last year, the majority of trades go down on deadline day. This year will most likely be no different from that common norm.

Lawton reporting that the Pens and Caps are in a bidding war for Shattenkirk at the moment