• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

If they give up a first for a guy who has zero goals, regardless of how badly the majority of the players have done under Trashill, Shanny needs his head examined.

I just think sending a guy -- a 26 year old, big bodied center, no less --  who's having a bad year off to play for a team (a freaking division rival) with a coach, who supposedly loves him and his style of play, whom under he had his best year for anything LESS than a first round pick is screaming SCREAMING!! to bite Holland in the ass.  ...and for all of LGW to say, "told you so." 

...but that's just pragmatic me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, e_prime said:

I just think sending a guy -- a 26 year old, big bodied center, no less --  who's having a bad year off to play for a team (a freaking division rival) with a coach, who supposedly loves him and his style of play, whom under he had his best year for anything LESS than a first round pick is screaming SCREAMING!! to bite Holland in the ass.  ...and for all of LGW to say, "told you so." 

...but that's just pragmatic me.

Sheahan has singlehandedly destroyed his AND Larkin's 2017 campaign.  It's sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona is shopping Duclair. Minnesota apparently almost had a deal done for E. Kane, but fell through. Probably decided theyd rather have Hanzal. Also sounds like Doan isnt moving per usual. Little surprised there hasnt been more rumors on Vanek, but im confident there will be takers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Sheahan trade rumor is very similar to the Jurco trade in my opinion. I'm not, nor ever was as high on Sheahan as I am Jurco, but I don't think Sheahan is nearly as bad as people like to make him seem either. I know, not a single goal in 58 games, guy sucks right? Having a down year is a huge understatement, but when every player on the team is underperforming (some more than others), you don't just trade off every single player, you "should" look at coaching... Sheahan scored 13 and 14 goals the past two seasons, and 9 in 42 games his first half season. That's great production for a bottom 6 center.

I think we should be major sellers at the deadline and even this summer, however I don't think the young kids (25 and under) are the players we should be looking to offload. I think giving up on Jurco was stupid, and the same applies to Sheahan to an extent. However, if the rumors are true (I'm not so sure they are...), and a team is actually offering up a 1st (or even a 2nd), we'd be stupid not to take it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This Sheahan trade rumor is very similar to the Jurco trade in my opinion. I'm not, nor ever was as high on Sheahan as I am Jurco, but I don't think Sheahan is nearly as bad as people like to make him seem either. I know, not a single goal in 58 games, guy sucks right? Having a down year is a huge understatement, but when every player on the team is underperforming (some more than others), you don't just trade off every single player, you "should" look at coaching... Sheahan scored 13 and 14 goals the past two seasons, and 9 in 42 games his first half season. That's great production for a bottom 6 center.

I think we should be major sellers at the deadline and even this summer, however I don't think the young kids (25 and under) are the players we should be looking to offload. I think giving up on Jurco was stupid, and the same applies to Sheahan to an extent. However, if the rumors are true (I'm not so sure they are...), and a team is actually offering up a 1st (or even a 2nd), we'd be stupid not to take it...

Agreed. You need the Sheahan type of players for a cup run.  A low Cap hit but highly rewarding at least at the defensive end. Sheahan is still young, with experience he will only get better at his shutdown center kind of role. I don't necessarily agree that trading Jurco was a mistake. But trading Sheahan, excepting any offers like 1st + prospect, would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Sheahan has singlehandedly destroyed his AND Larkin's 2017 campaign.  It's sad.

Don't you mean Blashill singlehandedly destroyed Sheahan and Larkin's (along with a couple other Wings) 2017 campaign? 

4 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Crosby or no deal... Amiright guys?

Crosby? He's too old. I'll take McDavid. Please and thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hyping Sheahan's trade value before it was cool to hype Sheahan's trade value.

On 2/21/2017 at 11:29 AM, Dabura said:

Sheahan traded to Edmonton for McDavid.

I think Edmonton won this trade.

Time to step up your game, professional rumormongers. #Gunning4YerJobz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BobL said:

Anyone else think that them recalling Miller means that Sheahan is gone?  Or is that too specific, and it could mean Vanek or Sheahan?

I'm thinking he was just recalled to replace Jurco as the healthy scratch.

Anyone else really hoping Vanek is a healthy scratch tomorrow night? I'm nervous as hell that he will play and get injured...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm for keeping Sheahan. Don't know what is up with him this year, but he's proven to be a solid forward in the past, and should get better with age if he can put this hiccup season behind him.

I agree. But what if the rumors are true and you're offered a 1st round pick. Do you take it? What about a 2nd? I don't think I'd go any lower than a 2nd...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now