• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Kirill Tyutyayev, he's from Yekaterinburg. Datsyuk 2.0 100%. Someone called it earlier.

D909C0DF-2875-4A6C-B61F-FD20A23F6163.gif

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

This draft will give 2017 a run for its money for one of the worst  recent wing drafts 

Yeah - last year we seemed to have gotten lucky, and picked guys in the 2nd round who could’ve been 1st round picks.

We’ll see.

17 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

So which team did you think is drafting well?

Lol, Holland. I think I would have preferred a winger over Broberg, but not bad, then finally drafts a good RH forward just to troll Wing fans. :)

But seriously, Avs, LA, and Vegas all look pretty good.

Edited by Buppy

55 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

OMG do I need to get you some Xanax?

I like this draft for the Wings, but I can understand why a lot of people are feeling disappointed, especially after Holland's 2018 haul.

If it's any consolation to those people, the 2020 draft class is supposed to be beastly. Everyone -- and I do mean everyone -- is saying so.

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

So which team did you think is drafting well?

Not f***en is that’s for sure , we’re gonna laugh in a few years so bad 

ducks 

Carolina

Kings 

devils

pretty much anyone but us

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I like this draft for the Wings, but I can understand why a lot of people are feeling disappointed, especially after Holland's 2018 haul.

If it's any consolation to those people, the 2020 draft class is supposed to be beastly. Everyone -- and I do mean everyone -- is saying so.

After this draft I’m hardly excited about the 2020 draft anymore , only thing that can save us is a lottery pick as well as the fact that we drafted like 6-7 dmen so yzerman should stfu and stop exaggerating with drafting for need over best player available cause he certainly didn’t do that this year  

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

D909C0DF-2875-4A6C-B61F-FD20A23F6163.gif

Yeah - last year we seemed to have gotten lucky, and picked guys in the 2nd round who could’ve been 1st round picks.

We’ll see.

Oh that’s nonsense though cause we could have got puistola and other studs from 54-66 and instead blew it for s***s and giggles cause of our d need ... Brett leason was there as well , just a f***en disaster 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

19 hours ago, Dabura said:

From what I read so far, mostly on german media in more detail, he wouldn't mind. Just keep working, keep improving, get to his goals. That's who he is.

16 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

https://theathletic.com/899840/2019/05/01/prospect-moritz-seider-could-be-one-of-the-best-german-defencemen-ever/

Behind a paywall but an interesting article about Seider. Seems like a nice kid with a mature personality. 

I've come to really like the pick. Only concern I have is the shoulder injuries. 

The more I read, the more I like the pick. Not the way he was picked, since trading down seemed reasonable (but as somebody already pointed out, we don't know the situation and the information Stevie had..if he got the impression he would get picked right behind him...then you just get your guy..), but I like the kid.

A few points I read and liked so far:

- Mo is originally from Erfurt in Eastern Germany...the pro team there is limited, so at age 14 he moved to Western Germany, where in Mannheim (not that big of a city, but a top5-10 club in Germany for decades, with their junior teams playing the highest league, too), he could develop at one of the main talent bases in the country. That's a lot of determination for that age.

- Started playing with and against men at age 16...last season in Germanys first league was first full season, as a regular on that squad.

- Was a captain on youth national teams, always a good sign

- Played very good at the world cup, stood his ground, rarely made mistakes

Plus, I read Stevie even came over here to watch him in person. Well, given the way he build Tampa, maybe keyboard warriors should just wait how this plays out.

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ummmm But was yzerman expecting to be Tampa gm and picking him up in the 20s? I’m not super passed we got him but mad we couldn’t get a 2nd back to do so ... f***en Holland 

we get matthew Robertson and I would love the way our d would be set 

Could just mean, that from his TB slot he would've tried to trade up to get him? If he really just wanted the guy because he is convinced, well then..

5 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Maybe Stevie's trying to find us a Victor Hedman.

That would actually be the best idea this franchise has had in years. :P

Some thoughts on the other picks:

I really like Grewe and Moore. Grewe sounds like someone everybody loves on their team and hates on all other teams, like Marchand. I wouldnt mind having that guy. Bertuzzi is that way, too, but 2-3 of those cant hurt, I guess. Moore sounds like a steal at that draft position, like what I read so far.

Tyutyayev could be the steal of this draft, looking at his draft position. I have no idea how he fell that far..the MHL is not a bad league at all, to be at a PPG pace there, you gotta be good. Maybe Hakan again was the only one who took the flight there? :D

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

ducks 

Carolina

Kings 

devils

After this draft I’m hardly excited about the 2020 draft anymore , only thing that can save us is a lottery pick as well as the fact that we drafted like 6-7 dmen so yzerman should stfu and stop exaggerating with drafting for need over best player available cause he certainly didn’t do that this year  

Oh that’s nonsense though cause we could have got puistola and other studs from 54-66 and instead blew it for s***s and giggles cause of our d need ... Brett leason was there as well , just a f***en disaster 

Atleast we got Veleno and some solid guys in the 2nd round last year.

Also, Tuzzi and Grewe are going to f*** s*** UP! Look at them and try to tell me they haven't already put on the foil.

Albin-Grewe.jpg?fit=250,300&ssl=1270f1c71a0d713de7ef197b1a305e12c.jpg

Tag is a preppy ******.That's why he sucks and didn't get drafted. 

7692.jpg

Edited by Buppy

55 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Calm down dude... None of us have any idea how any of these picks will turn out.

I wanted one of the centers with our first pick, but after doing a bit more research, I'm very happy with the Seider pick.

There are half a dozen guys that I really liked and we could have gotten one of them with each of our 2nd's (Lavoie, Leason, Legare) and 3rd (Beaucage)... but I'm not going to sit here and pretend as if I know better than professional scouts that have seen all these kids play live countless games... I have no idea if any of these guys would have been better than any of the guys we took in those spots... For all we know, Tuomisto (or any of these guys) could be the steal of the draft...

11 minutes ago, mackel said:

Atleast we got Veleno and some solid guys in the 2nd round last year.

We’ll always have 2018

r.i.p to the 2019 wings scouts who will get fired one day cause of this draft and don’t know it yet

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Calm down dude... None of us have any idea how any of these picks will turn out.

I wanted one of the centers with our first pick, but after doing a bit more research, I'm very happy with the Seider pick.

There are half a dozen guys that I really liked and we could have gotten one of them with each of our 2nd's (Lavoie, Leason, Legare) and 3rd (Beaucage)... but I'm not going to sit here and pretend as if I know better than professional scouts that have seen all these kids play live countless games... I have no idea if any of these guys would have been better than any of the guys we took in those spots... For all we know, Tuomisto (or any of these guys) could be the steal of the draft...

I can pretty tell you the chances of us landing star players from this draft outside of maybe seider are slim to none , 2018 blows this draft 

we won’t pretend we’re better than the scouts , Fine but let’s not pretend we didn’t draft over positional need this year countless times instead of taking the guys with upside 

right now I’m just expecting grewe to be a 3rd liner and another dman to be a 3rd pair guy I don’t see anyone with huge ceiling 

we’d better f***en hope tuomisto and these other punks we took turn into steal or we’ll look back in a few years and look back and laugh at the guys we passed on in disbelief 

this is 2017 again with like Rasmussen and other guys .... im not a fan of the draft at all , I’ll root for the kids and hope every kids a star but I’m not gonna count on it 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

My take on all the kids, judging by their pictures:

Gylander: Trying to become the first human skeleton to play in the NHL

Tyutyaev: Robot

Berglund: Mom is his PR manager

Soderblom: Barber is blind in one eye

Moore: Can't figure out how to get off the ice. Sadly, he will not pan out.

Phillips: Half Saiyan

Grewe: Wants to, and probably will, eat cereal out of your hollowed out skull

Johansson: So unremarkable even he hasn't heard of himself

Mastrosimone: Though no one would expect it, would probably succeed in saving the world from an evil wizard

Tuomisto: Still high

Seider: Trying to decide the meanest way to tell you he banged your girlfriend last night

I think we drafted just fine. I like the Seider pick. In reading all the comments about all the top ten picks in this forum there were less negatives about him than anyone. Never heard about our second pick but I’m warming up to him. How can you not like a t-Rex.  We are going to have to start weeding out some of our older dmen just to find places for these guys to play