• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

greenrebellion

NHL Season officially suspended until further notice - March 12, 2020

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Just another depressing moment of an already crappy season.

If we somehow get cheated by the league under the pretense of "fairness" to other much better teams....   and lose out on at worst the 4th overall pick... I'd be wild.

53 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Just another depressing moment of an already crappy season.

That would be absolute crap and beyond the pale of conspiracy theory of keeping us down. I think the bottom 5 had no chance of making the playoffs should be locked in then let others play into drafting positions.

My God we were SO SO BAD and deserve something for the effort. 

image.png.ca61f5a5758c10e5afd39d9b69c4b53a.png

2 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

That would be absolute crap and beyond the pale of conspiracy theory of keeping us down. I think the bottom 5 had no chance of making the playoffs should be locked in then let others play into drafting positions.

If anything we should be guaranteed the 1st pick...  this wasn't a tank...  it was the bottom of our cycle.

3 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

OMG. We were 23 points behind the 2nd worst team in the league? Wow.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

OMG. We were 23 points behind the 2nd worst team in the league? Wow.

I know I was this has to be wrong ....dblchecked it was nhl.com for sure after multiple browser refreshes. We hit expansion team numbers 

My thought is how the h*ll can the organization even contemplate bringing Blash back? This season as we all know wasn't a step back it was a gigantic leap backwards. We are in rebuild mode yup I get it but still there shouldn't be a 23 point gap to the second worst loser or have I lost it?

If they do summer hockey, how will that affect contracts and free agency? Contracts will have to be extended out until the end of the season, and there’d likely be a real short window then to sort things out. I’m thinking that if we don’t see a significant dip in the next 2-3 weeks that accelerated getting back to some normalcy, this season is over. Whole lot of complexities at this point. I just really, really hope they don’t somehow f*** us in the draft. 

1 hour ago, gcom007 said:

If they do summer hockey, how will that affect contracts and free agency? Contracts will have to be extended out until the end of the season, and there’d likely be a real short window then to sort things out. I’m thinking that if we don’t see a significant dip in the next 2-3 weeks that accelerated getting back to some normalcy, this season is over. Whole lot of complexities at this point. I just really, really hope they don’t somehow f*** us in the draft. 

They already have plans in the works to do just that...  The anti-Red Wings bias of the league is really, really shining through. 

The only teams in the draft lottery really hurt by this early end to the season are teams like Montreal who were/are actively tanking.  Teams that are bad, Detroit, Ottawa, SJ, LA, etc have been bad ALL season, that MUST be taken into account!  Imagine in this deep draft, where if their is a god we'd have the 1st pick, we end up picking 6+; it sets this team back 3 years minimum.

59 minutes ago, mackel said:

They already have plans in the works to do just that...  The anti-Red Wings bias of the league is really, really shining through. 

The only teams in the draft lottery really hurt by this early end to the season are teams like Montreal who were/are actively tanking.  Teams that are bad, Detroit, Ottawa, SJ, LA, etc have been bad ALL season, that MUST be taken into account!  Imagine in this deep draft, where if their is a god we'd have the 1st pick, we end up picking 6+; it sets this team back 3 years minimum.

There's no anti-Wing bias. 

The NHL can be dumb for money from time to time but this team clinched last place weeks ago. 

Repeat after me: the Red Wings will get their fair shake in the draft lottery

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

There's no anti-Wing bias. 

The NHL can be dumb for money from time to time but this team clinched last place weeks ago. 

Repeat after me: the Red Wings will get their fair shake in the draft lottery

'Fair shake' meaning picking 3rd, or 4th overall - then yes I'd agree with you there.

Draft lotto odds are simply against us.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

'Fair shake' meaning picking 3rd, or 4th overall - then yes I'd agree with you there.

Draft lotto odds are simply against us.

Agreed. That was always goingvto be the case. 

My point was that people are getting wacky thinking the NHL with their "anti-Wing" bias are going to rake this team's nutsak all over the post-covid landscape and use this stoppage as an excuse to change the lottery and to screw the Wings. Ain't happening. 

12 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Agreed. That was always goingvto be the case. 

My point was that people are getting wacky thinking the NHL with their "anti-Wing" bias are going to rake this team's nutsak all over the post-covid landscape and use this stoppage as an excuse to change the lottery and to screw the Wings. Ain't happening. 

This. Even when an ENTIRE SEASON was lost, the draft odds that year were based on the rankings of the previous season. Yes, every team had a chance at #1, but garbage teams like the Pens had a far better chance. 

On 3/25/2020 at 6:50 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah.  What did you think all the fuss was about all this time?  

It's a little different when you see it on paper. There's the perception of bad, and then there is the physical manifestation of it.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 3/25/2020 at 2:12 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

I know I was this has to be wrong ....dblchecked it was nhl.com for sure after multiple browser refreshes. We hit expansion team numbers 

I think expansion teams were better.  Back then, there weren't extra points awarded for OT losses and shootouts didn't even exist.  

On 3/25/2020 at 1:46 PM, mackel said:

An article over on the Athletic states some NHL executives are talking about adjusting the lottery...  some are suggesting a tournament.  Can you imagine how f***ed we'd be if they make a change like that.

Just a dumb unsubstantiated rumour. there's no way they get away with that. 

4 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Just a dumb unsubstantiated rumour. there's no way they get away with that.

To the bold.

A majority vote by the BoG is all that it would take for sumthin like this to happen...And yeah - I'd expect the Wings to get screwed in the process.

10 hours ago, F.Michael said:

To the bold.

A majority vote by the BoG is all that it would take for sumthin like this to happen...And yeah - I'd expect the Wings to get screwed in the process.

Give me one example where the league BoG voted in the majority for something this dumb and unfair? 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Give me one example where the league BoG voted in the majority for something this dumb and unfair? 

1996 Phoenix Coyotes.

And current 'ringleader' of the BoG aka Jeremy Jacobs claiming that a franchise in Quebec City is 'unsustainable'.

Edited by F.Michael

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

While not quite the same scenario, is the "Crosby" lottery similar?  The draft process was changed for that draft.  I think every team was in on being able to get the #1 pick.  I think Pittsburgh was still the worst team from the prior season, but technically, their odds of getting the first pick were reduced from what they otherwise would have been.

In this situation though, it is different because there was already a draft in 2004 and no season in 2005, so that's why all teams were thrown in with possibility of getting #1.

The current situation is different, but I could still see tweaks, which are reasonable and make sense.  First, even if the Wings won all of their remaining games, they would still finish last, so they need to have the highest probability and it can't change from where it currently sits.  For probabilities of the next lottery teams, I can see the percentages tweaked a bit or evened out a bit based on some logic, but not sure.  Then, you also have to figure out the rest of the order.  I think more time will be spent on this than really should though.