• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

35 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

20210814_093355.thumb.jpg.3ed2e64f8518f0d1730a530afb1f68c3.jpg

:lol:

I love Big Joe, he’s a very hilarious dude and certainly doesn’t turn away from his shame.  I thought he was a good fit in Toronto with the young lads but apparently the old goat trick just isn’t cutting there (perhaps it’s the 3 earning almost 35 million dollars a year that’s the problem)

On 8/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Good Lord. He looks like an old wizard.

Yes. He is the  “Lord of the No Stanley Cup Rings”

On 8/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Good Lord. He looks like an old wizard.

9F66C4BD-7CC7-466A-B96D-42D3E6F81EE8.jpeg

Edited by arag
Photo

4 hours ago, mackel said:

Its an overpayment but its 2 years so from a cap perspective it shouldn't hurt.  As long as other unsigned players on our team use it as a comp...

2 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

About $200,000 to $300,000 overpaid, but for 2 years it's fine.

I don’t know if I think he is overpayed. If you look at his production last season he certainly isn’t. I just thought that Yzerman would get him signed for under $2m.

I agree with you both. It’s only for two years so it doesn’t really matter. 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:53 PM, Akakabuto said:

I don’t know if I think he is overpayed. If you look at his production last season he certainly isn’t. I just thought that Yzerman would get him signed for under $2m.

I agree with you both. It’s only for two years so it doesn’t really matter. 

I dont consider it an overpayment. If last year is going to be the norm, and he's going to be a regular on the 3rd line, the contract is fine.

I'll say the same thing about Erne's contract that I said about Fabbri's a year ago. It's an overpayment in the sense that he could have been had for less. But it's Chris Illitch's money, not mine, and it's not crippling the team. So who cares?

The more I think about this the more I think we HAVE to trade for Jack Eichel, even if the cost is steep (meaning Raymond and a 1st are involved). We are absolutely stacked on defense. Stacked on the wing. Very solid in net. We have every single piece in place to put a competitive team on the ice and start growing toward Cup contention. All but one. And there's absolutely no chance we're getting that piece in the draft without insane luck, and we've learned you can't count on that.

6 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Griffins:

Raymond - Pearson - Barber
Hirose - Criscuolo - Berggren
-------- - ----------- - Witkowski
-------- - ----------- - ------------

Renouf - Murphy
Lashoff - Barton
McIsaac - Newpower
Sebrango

Pickard
Brattstrom
Fulcher

Pat Verbeek's nephew is on the team too eh? 3rd line center? I also fully expect Mitchell Stephens to be on this team as well when all is said and done.

29 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The more I think about this the more I think we HAVE to trade for Jack Eichel, even if the cost is steep (meaning Raymond and a 1st are involved). We are absolutely stacked on defense. Stacked on the wing. Very solid in net. We have every single piece in place to put a competitive team on the ice and start growing toward Cup contention. All but one. And there's absolutely no chance we're getting that piece in the draft without insane luck, and we've learned you can't count on that.

Honestly, instead of trading Raymond, I would rather trade them BOTH 2022 and 2023 1st round picks with ONE of them being top 3 lottery protected to go to 2024. I'm not so sure Buffalo would do that, but outside of let's say 2022 being a top 3, they would then possibly get #1 OA in 2023 AND possibly a #4 (since not team can win a top 3 twice in a row anymore) in 2024. if 2022 is #4 and 2023 is #4, then they win that scenario as well. If I were Buffalo, I'd take that trade. I know I am on record as saying if he went to NYR, they'd should get one of Kakko or Laf back, but if NYR offered the same 2 1st's, with the same protection, I think Buffalo should do that as well. BUT we'd have to 10000000% make sure that Eichel is NOT damaged goods to possibly miss out on one of Wright or Bedard.

But I think you're correct, Eichel would instantly be our #1C. Instead of bumpin Ras or Veleno down, I would moved Larkin to wing, maybe put Ras there too!

2021/22 FWD's

Larkin - Eichel - Zadina

Vrana - Suter - Bertuzzi

Fabbri - Veleno - Ras

Erne - Stephens - Namestikov

Gagner/Smith

(I waive Nielsen over Smith because I don't think Smith would clear waivers.)

...I think that lineup is well worth missing out one of Wright or Bedard. Seriously though, you KNOW Detroit is not going to get a #1 OA anyhow, so we'd be missing out on BOTH no matter what. And like you said, our Wing and D are pretty stacked right now, at least from the projections of how they are supposed to turn out.

2 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

No, we released Hayden Verbeek. Seems like his AHL career is over. He'll sign in the ECHL or go to Europe. I think MTL just had to move a contract and he happened to be someone they didn't want and was also conveniently Pat Verbeek's nephew.

Only thing with Stephens is he has to pass through waivers. If we call up Veleno and Smith and waive Nielsen, there's room for Stephens. I think that's the way it will go.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Vrana
Fabbri - Suter - Zadina
Names - Rasmussen - Erne
Smith - Veleno - Gagner
Stephens

If need be they can always send Veleno down to keep Nielsen on the roster and avoid waiving anyone.

He re-signed with the Griffins.

...also, I'd put RAS on wing, move Veleno to 3rd line and dress Stephens. He one of the only RH'd C's we  have.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Ah I see. Thanks. I don't really follow who the Griffs sign.

I mean, it's not like he's good or anything. Totally forgettable. But I assume he'll be the Griffins' 4th line center.