• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

....shoot.  Well, at least Special Teams Bylsma is out. Silver lining. Now, let's bring in an asst. that will push Blashill to do even better and make the special teams our enforcer again! Igor Larionov, Come on Down!

Larionov assisting Blashill. Now that would be a sight to see. 

Edited by Akakabuto

2 hours ago, mackel said:

f*** OFF STEVEN.

This has literally killed what little enthusiasm I had for the off-season, the draft, FA, etc.

That douchbag better not ruin Seider.

You fragile little *****! 

Seider's going to win Blashill the Jack Adams. 

That makes sense to me. Two years to see what he's got with a (hopefully) improving roster. Aside from any trades/UFA signings he'll be getting Seider and Veleno to start the season, along with Larkin, Bert, and Fabbri back. By season's end he might very well have one of Berggren or Raymond as well. Next year he'll have the other of the two, plus Johansson (probably) and Smith or Pearson (maybe). If Blash can't get close to the playoffs with that influx of talent then it's time to bring someone new in.

Yzermans comments were exactly as i expected. I could change coaches every season if u like... why bother?

Yzermam knows the team sucks and its a roster problem. A new coach wont fix anything right now (as if a good one would want to join us anyway). Changing coaches is a lateral move that prolly does not much of anything for u. Keep tanking and leave blash for at least now for some continuity

However i still see blash leaving as soon as the roster improves and he has a downseason. Going thru the doldrums that long means a freshening will be easy to justify. 

2 hours ago, Gniwder said:

(as if a good one would want to join us anyway)

Yup, probably none of the guys Yzerman really wants was available. Better to keep Blash for continuity rather than jumping on the coaching carousel.

But, I think, literally any coach could have coached the team the way Blashill did this year. Sacrifice all offense(Detroit team #30 i GF, only Anaheim was worse by one goal), shell up and call it a 200-foot game. If Yzerman didn't improve goaltending and defense in FA before this season we would be in the same spot as the 19/20 season.  

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Yup, probably none of the guys Yzerman really wants was available. Better to keep Blash for continuity rather than jumping on the coaching carousel.

But, I think, literally any coach could have coached the team the way Blashill did this year. Sacrifice all offense(Detroit team #30 i GF, only Anaheim was worse by one goal), shell up and call it a 200-foot game. If Yzerman didn't improve goaltending and defense in FA before this season we would be in the same spot as the 19/20 season.  

To be fair Mike Babcock did the same thing, only with Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Rafalski, Kronwall, Franzen, and Hossa in the lineup, and he was called "the best coach in hockey" for it. Soooo, Blash for Jack Adams?

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

No. Babcock didnt deserve or win one either. 

I know. You can't imagine the amount of flack I took from LGW when I said so back then though. Joel Quenneville would have won 2 or 3 Cups with that roster. From the time he took over the team until probably 2010-2011, nobody had a more talented roster than Mike Babcock. That we only have one Cup to show for it is a real bummer.

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I know. You can't imagine the amount of flack I took from LGW when I said so back then though. Joel Quenneville would have won 2 or 3 Cups with that roster. From the time he took over the team until probably 2010-2011, nobody had a more talented roster than Mike Babcock. That we only have one Cup to show for it is a real bummer.

Shoulda Coulda been back to back 08/09.....

Just now, AtlantaHotWings said:

Shoulda Coulda been back to back 08/09.....

Certainly, couldn't close the door on a 3-2 series lead in 2009. Also, we only scored 6 total goals in the 4 games we lost in that series.

I'd also add that 2005-06 was probably the best roster Babcock ever had in Detroit and he got embarrassed in the first round.

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Certainly, couldn't close the door on a 3-2 series lead in 2009. Also, we only scored 6 total goals in the 4 games we lost in that series.

I'd also add that 2005-06 was probably the best roster Babcock ever had in Detroit and he got embarrassed in the first round.

He does have the saving grace of losing to a Cup finalist at least.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He does have the saving grace of losing to a Cup finalist at least.

Hardly a consolation. He lost to the Cup finalist three times. 2006, 2007, and 2009, and in each case he had the superior roster.

Edit: Maybe not in 2007, though it was close.

Edited by kipwinger