• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Waiver Wire

Rate this topic

Edmonton just waived Tyler Benson

Literally just turned 24 year old left wing and former 2nd round pick, has been a PPG dominate AHL player for a while now. Only 7 games in the NHL where he hasn't done much so far.

I'd claim.

Edited by bIueadams

I’ve watched quite a few Oilers games the past couple of years( my friend is an oilers fan). When Benson has been in the lineup I don’t notice him at all, I think injuries has slowed his development but for free I might give him a chance 

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Claimed by Seattle, meaning 21 teams passed on him(including the Red Wings).

Isnt the waiver wire a rolling list though? Like once you succesfully make a claim you roll down to a lower priority. If so, the Wings recently got Hellberg, meaning we perhaps DID claim, but Seattle had higher priority. 

Idk fersure though and dont feel like reading the CBA.

53 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Isnt the waiver wire a rolling list though? Like once you succesfully make a claim you roll down to a lower priority. If so, the Wings recently got Hellberg, meaning we perhaps DID claim, but Seattle had higher priority. 

Idk fersure though and dont feel like reading the CBA.

This was according to Capfriendly. They're usually right.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

seattle know something?

Its not a bad pickup for them considering their 50-man roster has a huge vacuum between ages 20 and 26. The picks from the expansion draft were all 25 and up and they just starting drafting prospects. Almost all other teams already have a bunch of underachieving 22-24 somethings

Edited by Akakabuto

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Its not a bad pickup for them considering their 50-man roster has a huge vacuum between ages 20 and 26. The picks from the expansion draft were all 25 and up and they just starting drafting prospects. Almost all other teams already have a bunch of underachieving 22-24 somethings

We should waive Zadina...

5 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

and see him pass through? 

I tried to be patient on him but numbers don't lie...who would want him? Return on him has to be minimal..

137134279_ScreenShot2022-12-13at7_50_24AM.thumb.png.763139368c5903691d61b9c0c73c0317.png 655012373_ScreenShot2022-12-13at7_47_47AM.thumb.png.04f274c2ddf3d213a8a0879deb9566c4.png1061223649_ScreenShot2022-12-13at7_48_22AM.thumb.png.d7c72d7dce46ad40e7867a9c6d0a022e.png

I generally believe the best he'd get us right now is a 7th round pick, possibly even conditional.

6 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

and see him pass through? 

I tried to be patient on him but numbers don't lie...who would want him? Return on him has to be minimal..

137134279_ScreenShot2022-12-13at7_50_24AM.thumb.png.763139368c5903691d61b9c0c73c0317.png 655012373_ScreenShot2022-12-13at7_47_47AM.thumb.png.04f274c2ddf3d213a8a0879deb9566c4.png1061223649_ScreenShot2022-12-13at7_48_22AM.thumb.png.d7c72d7dce46ad40e7867a9c6d0a022e.png

If Nash couldnt find takers for Tolvanen, then Zadina has no trade value.

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

If Nash couldnt find takers for Tolvanen, then Zadina has no trade value.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. At the deadline all sorts of players get traded exclusively because it's needed to make the cap situation work. Washington couldn't have traded Richard Panik for a handful of beans a few years ago, but he gets thrown in to the Mantha trade (and Leddy trade) and he's on another team. Or remember Red Wings' legend Joe Vitale? Thrown into the Datyuk trade? Gonna go out on a limb and say he wasn't worth a lot mid-season either. But at the deadline he's got value simply in terms of balancing the ledger.

23 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Hey, this happened to me in the last EA game.  Started an expansion franchise and got saddled with crappy 25-30 year olds.  

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

we should waive blueadams

The Islanders forum will probably pick him up.  

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think that's necessarily the case. At the deadline all sorts of players get traded exclusively because it's needed to make the cap situation work. Washington couldn't have traded Richard Panik for a handful of beans a few years ago, but he gets thrown in to the Mantha trade (and Leddy trade) and he's on another team. Or remember Red Wings' legend Joe Vitale? Thrown into the Datyuk trade? Gonna go out on a limb and say he wasn't worth a lot mid-season either. But at the deadline he's got value simply in terms of balancing the ledger.

Panik was a cap dump and Vitale was perma LTIR stay under 50 contracts situation.

It'd be a bit of blunder for SY to award Zadina 3 years @ $1.825 and then immediately get negative value from him as a cap dump trade in the same year. But if it happened with Panik it could happen you're right.  

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Hey, this happened to me in the last EA game.  Started an expansion franchise and got saddled with crappy 25-30 year olds.  

The Islanders forum will probably pick him up.  

Just like my... oh, yes, Islanders.

Dont normally comment on waiver bros, but I really like how Axel Jonnson-Fjalby plays. WPG just waived him.

The Jets have been losing their best depth guys to waivers all year this year cause of Logan Stanley (who theyre trying to trade) jamming up the roster. Looks like AJF is the next to go. Id claim him if we have a spot. 26 yo LW. Plays a very fast up tempo game, and is real good on the forecheck. 

2 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Dont normally comment on waiver bros, but I really like how Axel Jonnson-Fjalby plays. WPG just waived him.

The Jets have been losing their best depth guys to waivers all year this year cause of Logan Stanley (who theyre trying to trade) jamming up the roster. Looks like AJF is the next to go. Id claim him if we have a spot. 26 yo LW. Plays a very fast up tempo game, and is real good on the forecheck. 

Red Wings forecheck :eh:

On 2/6/2024 at 12:18 PM, Troy McClure said:

The Number9erplan

On 2/6/2024 at 3:18 PM, Troy McClure said:

You also wanted Copp.