• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Anybody watch the development camp or 3on3 tourney? I'm curious how Danielson looked? Bultman of the Athletic highlighted him, Mazur, and Lombardi has his top performers.

I seen all the 3v3 games. Dson away from losing several pucks, didn’t look like a 9th pick imo. He went after the loses hard, and I believe scored a couple. But I contributed it to nerves. I want to see him after several other games to voice hard option. I felt Augustine, James, Lombardi, and new Pellikka all looked the best. 

Edited by cwilson

3 hours ago, cwilson said:

I seen all the 3v3 games. Dson away from losing several pucks, didn’t look like a 9th pick imo. He went after the loses hard, and I believe scored a couple. But I contributed it to nerves. I want to see him after several other games to voice hard option. I felt Augustine, James, Lombardi, and new Pellikka all looked the best. 

Lombardi and ASP were the notable standouts IMO. Lombardi is just too smart and gifted. He's going to be on the NHL roster super quick. Possibly even called  up this year. ASP is exactly as advertised. Confident smart puck distributor. Probably needs a few years to work on strength and defense, but looks like a possible future Rafalski.

The underdogs I liked were Cleveland and Ali. Cleveland's calling card is being big and violent... but I was surprised how good of a skater he is. For a 6'5" guy he's very agile and fast. Good to know he's actually going to be able to keep up and not just be a big dumb slow knuckledraggerr. Ali just goes. Big motor. I see future beloved bottom 6 grinder in him.

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Lombardi and ASP were the notable standouts IMO. Lombardi is just too smart and gifted. He's going to be on the NHL roster super quick. Possibly even called  up this year. ASP is exactly as advertised. Confident smart puck distributor. Probably needs a few years to work on strength and defense, but looks like a possible future Rafalski.

The underdogs I liked were Cleveland and Ali. Cleveland's calling card is being big and violent... but I was surprised how good of a skater he is. For a 6'5" guy he's very agile and fast. Good to know he's actually going to be able to keep up and not just be a big dumb slow knuckledraggerr. Ali just goes. Big motor. I see future beloved bottom 6 grinder in him.

I like how Yzerman keeps making the team taller and bigger

A review of this years UFA class:

1. Alex Debrincat

alex-debrincat-friedman.jpg?fit=1080,585

Class: xXx_ELITE_Sniper_xXx

Strengths: 360 no-scope head shots
Weaknesses: Smol cuterino

2. JT Compher

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4rXL5Y0CS5sKTkk41s3V

Class: Old Fren

Strengths: Will aid in you in your quests. Can call on him anytime. Always picks up the phone. Thank you fren.
Weaknesses: Knows all your secrets

3. Klim Kostin

klim-kostin-2018-36.jpg

Class: Soviet heavy tank

Strengths: Drunk and violent
Weaknesses: Violent and drunk

4. Daniel Sprong

3904181.png

Class: Divorced middle-aged father

Strengths: Not actually divorced, middle-aged, or a father. Master of disguise, which he uses to fool opponents.
Weaknesses: Not actually a master of disguise, just aging very badly for a 26 year old.

5. Christian Fischer

8478432.jpg

Class: Acquaintance

Strengths: Gives you the silent downward acknowledging head nod that all men do when you pass by each other, and doesn't push your relationship farther than that.
Weaknesses: Just some guy at the office that you're aware of. You have no idea what he does there and often forget his name.

6. Shayne Gostisbehere

p02wzgvk.jpg

Class: Ghost Bear

Strengths: Can pass through walls and will bring you salmon
Weaknesses: Your trash bins are flipped over every morning

7. Justin Holl

5763.png

Class: Bad defenceman

Strengths: Makes your other defencemen look good
Weaknesses: Makes your defense look bad

8. James Reimer

cut.jpg

Class: Cleric

Strengths: Hates rainbows
Weaknesses: Has none since he accepted Jesus and Mel Gibson into his heart

49 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Did you want him?

We really didn't have room for him, but I was surprised he didn't get a QO. At one point before Yzerman signed all those guys, I thought Jesper might be a good fit here, but I'm not a GM for a reason.

10 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We're all dumb, if it makes u feel better.

A couple other players (outside of the bigger names) I'm surprised (well I'm sure there's reasons) haven't signed somewhere:

Ryan Merkley

Serron Noel

Bode Wilde

Cal Foote

Maxime Comtois

Nolan Patrick (sheesh remember when he was supposed to go 1st overall?)

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

A couple other players (outside of the bigger names) I'm surprised (well I'm sure there's reasons) haven't signed somewhere:

Ryan Merkley

Serron Noel

Bode Wilde

Cal Foote

Maxime Comtois

Nolan Patrick (sheesh remember when he was supposed to go 1st overall?)

Comtois is a very likely part of that Hockey Canada rape thing. I don't think anyone touches him without seeing the results of the investigation.

32 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I’m curious to why nobody picked up Cal Foote yet. Big, right handed, minimal offense but stayed on the plus side in both Tampa and Nashville(and we know how important +/- is). 

Like Comtois, he was on the rape allegation Team Canada WJC roster. Nobody touching those guys unless they come out of that investigation clean. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Like Comtois, he was on the rape allegation Team Canada WJC roster. Nobody touching those guys unless they come out of that investigation clean. 

Galchenyuk is raping these days too it seems

In y'alls opinion, what would a package look like to acquire Kyle Connor & Brad Lambert?

I'm using Fabbri and Veleno as the start. Not even sure they'd want them, except that Fabbri is similar in age, cost over $3M less, and Veleno is further along towards the NHL than Lambert is. Of course Connor netted 80 points last year, and Fabbri isn't really a PPG player, although two seasons ago he scored 30 points in 56 games. So there is some potential there. Also the health factor. I am not saying 2 for 2 straight up, but what else would we need to add in your opinion? a 1st? Another prospect? It could be time that we can spare a conditional 1st in, lets say 2025. Prospect-wise, I am not sure what would help, but maybe a Viro or Neiderbach or Hanas?

to DET : Kyle Connor, Brad Lambert

to WPG : Robby Fabbri, Joe Veleno, 25 conditional 1st, Neiderbach

I am just throwing stuff out there to keep this offseason going here. Let me know your ideas. I'd like to see them acquire one of Conner or Konecny still. I think would leap frog the franchise even more so.

edit: after thinking about it, with Kasper and Danielson, would we even need Lambert in the organization? So what about just snagging Connor? Would Fabbri and Veleno do it? Or would we still have to sweetin the pot?

Edited by LeftWinger

Apart from the fact that there is no reason for WPG to trade Kyle Connor, I think it´s nowhere near what it would cost to get him. Add a first and a good prospect or at least two of our good prospects.

2 hours ago, ely s said:

Apart from the fact that there is no reason for WPG to trade Kyle Connor, I think it´s nowhere near what it would cost to get him. Add a first and a good prospect or at least two of our good prospects.

Im in agreement.  Package starts with Kasper and a 1st for Connor.  It finishes at Veleno, Johansson, 2024 1st, and 2025 1st.  Winnepeg gets to rebuild younger.  Detroit goes from compete now mode now to win now mode.