• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

The Ducks are laying the body on McDavid tonight and he's having an absolute fit. He's quite a player but I'm sooooo tired of these crybaby skill players that run to the refs anytime they get touched. What a puss.

Hronek 2 points in his last 10 games. Will probably end up with about the same PPG as last year.

Still, with all the hype this year I wouldn’t wanna be Canucks GM trying to negotiate his next contract. Serahasivilia thinks it starts with an 8. 

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm sooooo tired of these crybaby skill players that run to the refs anytime they get touched.

Me too. And why are they all canadian?

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

The Ducks are laying the body on McDavid tonight and he's having an absolute fit. He's quite a player but I'm sooooo tired of these crybaby skill players that run to the refs anytime they get touched. What a puss.

May I present to you: Larkin, Dylan 

49 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Me too. And why are they all canadian?

They mad they can’t run train on early teen girls anymore. 

17 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'd call consecutive west coast games vs EDM and VAN a little tough 

Sure, but they're talking - or at least they seem to me to be talking - like we didn't crush a January schedule that was way more daunting than this month's schedule.

Not sure where to post this so figured this spot is as good as any

After today IMHO we are in a serious hunt for 3rd in Atlantic 

Leafs 50 - 60 pts

Us 51 - 60 pts

Lightning 53 - 61 pts currently in 3rd 

Not putting the cart before the horse but just a good vibe feeling 

I think today's come back was a big deal for the team and bodes well for out west trip

49 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Leafs 50 - 60 pts

Us 51 - 60 pts

I think today's come back was a big deal for the team and bodes well for out west trip

Word. Today's win was huge and it's got me feeling bullish. That could change next week, but right now it's "Why not us? What's stopping us?"

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Leafs 50 - 60 pts

Us 51 - 60 pts

Is this to say "we like our team", that Patrick Kane returning from injury is "our deadline acquisition"... so no need to "kick tires" especially when "our power play is our enforcer"?

41 minutes ago, mackel said:

Is this to say "we like our team", that Patrick Kane returning from injury is "our deadline acquisition"... so no need to "kick tires" especially when "our power play is our enforcer"?

Bro, don't Kenpost, you're triggering my PTSD.

Anybody see the Toronto/Ottawa debacle last night? Oh it was sweet. A couple of things, 1) If I'm Toronto's management I'm not mad at all at Morgan Reilly for attacking this kid. You have to. But he 100% deserves a suspension. 2) We need to trade for Ridly Greig right now. The absolute balls on this kid to do that to Toronto cannot be overstated.

https://x.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1756508343051383252?s=20

Edited by kipwinger

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Anybody see the Toronto/Ottawa debacle last night? Oh it was sweet. A couple of things, 1) If I'm Toronto's management I'm not mad at all at Morgan Reilly for attacking this kid. You have to. But he 100% deserves a suspension. 2) We need to trade for Ridly Greig right now. The absolute balls on this kid to do that to Toronto cannot be overstated.

Legendary.

17 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Boo frickin hoo a player shot it hard into the empty net. Thats a gutless play by Reilly he should get fed his teeth after that.

On 2/11/2024 at 12:11 PM, kipwinger said:

Tavares gets booed in New York, and an Ottawa player takes a slap shot into an empty net with only seconds left on the clock, and Toronto cries like a bunch of babies. Soft. No one was physically hurt. The only thing hurt was Toronto's ego.

Seriously if Toronto can't handle it, they should probably stop playing and watching hockey.

15 hours ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Boo frickin hoo a player shot it hard into the empty net. Thats a gutless play by Reilly he should get fed his teeth after that.

Remember in that old timers game Wings-Leafs, when Draper scored on a slap shot to win the game? The old Leafs and Leafs fans cried about that one too.

Toronto's soft

7 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Tavares gets booed in New York, and an Ottawa player takes a slap shot into an empty net with only seconds left on the clock, and Toronto cries like a bunch of babies. Soft. No one was physically hurt. The only thing hurt was Toronto's ego.

Seriously if Toronto can't handle it, they should probably stop playing and watching hockey.

Remember in that old timers game Wings-Leafs, when Draper scored on a slap shot to win the game? The old Leafs and Leafs fans cried about that one too.

Toronto's soft

I think it's pretty weak to crosscheck him in the face. I'm fine with fighting him though. That's what I think should have happened.

15 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Maybe don't lose to Ottawa. Problem solved.

Was listening to NHL Network on Sirius XM this morning - long time Maple Leaf radio/tv play by play guy Joe Bowen echoed the sentiment with the majority of Leaf Nation...While the crosscheck/retaliation by Rielly was 'wrong' - the message Rielly had sent was acceptable.

Now I admit to have had a soft spot for the Leafs (Clark and then later Gilmour era Leafs) and I respect what Bowen has done throughout his broadcast career, but ever since the 'pretty boy trio' arrived :bad:

Tronna can f**k off.

I was just thinking about Walman doing the Griddy after scoring in OT, would Toronto cry about that too? There could be a unwritten rule about celebrating too much

Toronto may cry about our new Goal Horn too. La la la la la

16 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I think it's pretty weak to crosscheck him in the face. I'm fine with fighting him though. That's what I think should have happened.

Yeah, I'm ok with a fight. What Greig did wasn't that smart, but what's being over looked in Toronto is the fact that the Leafs lost to Ottawa. Sports is emotional, but there's times to keep emotions in check. Now the Leafs best defenseman is suspended, while their in a tight race for a Wild Card.

Let's see if the Wings can take advantage.

2 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Maybe don't lose to Ottawa. Problem solved.

Yeah, that's what's being overlooked, the Leafs lost to last place Ottawa.

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

Yeah, I'm ok with a fight. What Greig did wasn't that smart, but what's being over looked in Toronto is the fact that the Leafs lost to Ottawa. Sports is emotional, but there's times to keep emotions in check. Now the Leafs best defenseman is suspended, while their in a tight race for a Wild Card.

Let's see if the Wings can take advantage.

Yeah, that's what's being overlooked, the Leafs lost to last place Ottawa.

f urk the maple leafs.