• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Playoff race thread

Rate this topic

Dallas isn't even that good and yet they're 3rd.

So if we play them in the playoffs with a better record who will have home ice?

they would, the 3rd place team would if the wings end up in 6th.

sj about ot dip to 10th after the avs win, they are currently tied with edmonton.

sj about ot dip to 10th after the avs win, they are currently tied with edmonton.

The league should change that rule.

A team should not have home ice over another team which finished ahead of it. Especially in this case, it would be a wide margin of points.

I remember the NBA having a rule (maybe they still do), where a 3 seed would sometimes have home court over a 2 seed, depending on who had a better record.

I meant in the second or third round actually. If they're a 3 seed and we're a 4 seed. Who would have home ice then?

The league should change that rule.

A team should not have home ice over another team which finished ahead of it. Especially in this case, it would be a wide margin of points.

I remember the NBA having a rule (maybe they still do), where a 3 seed would sometimes have home court over a 2 seed, depending on who had a better record.

I meant in the second or third round actually. If they're a 3 seed and we're a 4 seed. Who would have home ice then?

always the higher seed in the current nhl format

All I know is finishing 4th in the Conference will not get us a Cup!

You don't know, you assume. I remember a 7th seed Flyers making it to the finals not too long ago. Albeit they didn't win, they got close.

Having said that, I'd much rather the Wings take the Central.

Edited by rrasco

All I know is finishing 4th in the Conference will not get us a Cup!

I would love to hear the logic in this one, what does finishing 4th, 1st or 8th have to do with getting on a roll and winning 16 games?

2009 Pittsburgh Penguins.

Yea for them not our guys who can't win on the road.

I would love to hear the logic in this one, what does finishing 4th, 1st or 8th have to do with getting on a roll and winning 16 games?

The problem with finishing 4th or lower means you have to start a series or two on the road and that pretty much automatically puts the Wings in an 0-2 hole!

Aside from 2010 against the Coyotes who haven't won a playoff series in forever you have to go all the way back to 1998 when the Wings last won a series where they didn't have home ice advantage.

In 97 & 98 they didn't need home ice all the way through b/c they used to have all the time before and never won the Cup so they stopped putting much emphasis on regular season standings but since then they need the #1 seed to get them the Cup e.g. 02 & 08.

If we end up 4th seed and seeds 6, 7, and 8 win their series, we have home ice at least until the finals. I'm just saying it's possible, so quit saying it's not. We are around .500 on the road, so even without home ice, that doesn't 'automatically put us in a 0-2 hole'. It means we could be 1-1, 0-2, or even 2-0. That's why they play the games, because any team can win on any given night.

Im very impressed at the job the guys down in Dallas have been doing. After losing Richards, I dont think many gave them a chance. They brought in guys that were considered cast offs, secondary players or spare parts.

If we end up 4th seed and seeds 6, 7, and 8 win their series, we have home ice at least until the finals. I'm just saying it's possible, so quit saying it's not. We are around .500 on the road, so even without home ice, that doesn't 'automatically put us in a 0-2 hole'. It means we could be 1-1, 0-2, or even 2-0. That's why they play the games, because any team can win on any given night.

Without home ice they are not beating the Canucks and that's a fact. They may also not beat St.Loser without home and even with home ice they are still not safe as the Preds, Hawks, Blues & Canucks can all beat this flawed Wings team in the playoffs. Just like the 2010 & 2011 Wings playoff teams this is just as flawed!

Without home ice they are not beating the Canucks and that's a fact.

Thats a fact?

Anyway... If the wings hold serve at home, all they need to do is win just one game on the road. .500 is not red wing standard, but it also demonstrates that we win enough to be able to take at least one of four in someone else's building.

Without home ice they are not beating the Canucks and that's a fact. They may also not beat St.Loser without home and even with home ice they are still not safe as the Preds, Hawks, Blues & Canucks can all beat this flawed Wings team in the playoffs. Just like the 2010 & 2011 Wings playoff teams this is just as flawed!

That is your opinion and is not fact until it actually happens. You have to be mindfly. I've never seen somebody on here so down in the dumps and doom and gloom about everything.

(No I'm not saying he's not a fan or what not, he cares and everybody in here cares about the team, I hate when people go that route, just getting really tired of this damned negativity and over the top pessimism not by just him but in general in here lately)

Guest stinky fish taco

so detroit finishes 4th/5th and plays nashville? and radulov is coming back?

that series would be 50/50 at best.

so detroit finishes 4th/5th and plays nashville? and radulov is coming back?

that series would be 50/50 at best.

No, it really wouldn't.

Nashville is not Detroit. Even if they get Radulov, who would have to become acclimated to the system in time for the playoffs to start, they would not scare me if we had home ice.

People love to overrate Nashville every season. But they just don't have it.