Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim.D

signed
Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

425 posts in this topic

new fan favorite right here.

He will be you wait! If he hits everything in sight like he used to this may not be that bad. but as far as Sammy goes...did Kenny lose a bet?

LidsFan likes this

Tootoo has turned his life around he is a really positive guy and will be great in locker room... He always plays like he has something to prove. Him and Abby will be great together. Like this signing

I wanted the Wings to add some grit, but Tootoo would be about at the bottom of my list.

Dirty player. Questionable defensively.

Agreed. I don't like him. He's a hit-and-run little punk. And just like the JLA staff won't let people pound on the glass, let's hope they take any whistles and shove 'em.

Rebound likes this

Guy is a total douchebag. We just lost classy team status that for sure. Terrible signing.

How do you know he is a douchbag?

He has been going all around Nunavut the past week going to different communities meeting and signing autographs for inuit kids,

yeah hes a real douchbag......

Holland has to have something stirring to move some forwards out. That's 2 today, and a full-court press to land Parise tomorrow as a 3rd.

Yep. Can't imagine a trade not on the immediate horizon given these signings. I think Suter's coming, but I think Nash might be too for Flip and Franzen and xxx. Nash's cap will be offset by Flip/Franzen and that still leaves room for Parise who might be more inclined to come with Suter and Nash joining as well.

None of these signings affect the Suter/Parise contract talks at all.. Signing Tootoo and Samuelsson has no bearing on signing the other two. Remember, soft cap during the summer is $77-million.

Rebound and Vladifan like this

No Parise now. We're probably throwing the bank at Suter.

MULE-PAVEL-SAMMY

FLIP-ZETTERBERG-BERT

CLEARY-HELM-BRUNNER

MILLER-ABDELKADER-TOOTOO

So no Doan no Semin probably either so trade for Ryan?

Ozzie30 likes this

I will personally throw down the aisle anyone who brings those stupid whistles to games. Even small children and pregnant women. My favorite FakePavelDatsyuk twitter this whole last year was "I like play in Nashville. They blow whistle for easy shift"

ElCapitan and Vladifan like this

Toot Toot! Oh come on you know this will be fun, also, if you think the whistles won't happen you're nuts.

I like this signing if Tootoo plays much like Dallas Drake did. I'll wait to see how he performs before deciding in this case, he deserves a chance.

Here's my reaction to him and Smauelsson. Something has GOT to be brewing in the trade department. I don't think we'll land Parise (I will be stunned if we do) so we are going to need a top 6 Forward. I am wondering if a Nash or Ryan trade is in the works. I still think we get Suter.

Rebound likes this

MULE-PAVEL-SAMMY

FLIP-ZETTERBERG-BERT

CLEARY-HELM-BRUNNER

MILLER-ABDELKADER-TOOTOO

Babcock has already said Brunner will get top 6 minutes to start. He will be on the 2nd line with Flip and Z.

I like this signing if Tootoo plays much like Dallas Drake did. I'll wait to see how he performs before deciding in this case, he deserves a chance.

I agree he deserves a chance. I'd love to be proven (proved?!) off base on my take.