• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

I like this signing. Hard hitter, fast, good energy and Holland said something like "This signing is out of our comfort zone". The guys on NHL radio took that as "We signed you to be the way you were in the WHL, not the way you've been in Nashville". I do remember him being an offensive force in the WHL. He won't be that good in the NHL, obviously, but a hard hitting energy guy that has scoring touch sounds like a somebody that would make us tough to play against in the playoffs.

Yeah, and they wanted Kirk Maltby to score 50 like he did in the minors. Guess what? Tootoo is not the same player that he used to be. Does not play on the edge any more. That's what made him different.

Read this article and tell me you aren't excited to see what he brings to the table for the next 3 years... Dude was always pest but he was always clean.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/07/physical_presence_jordin_tooto.html

Welcome to the D! Bring that grit and energy to the 3rd or 4th line.

oh yeah 100% agreed with you on that one....he's an agitator it's what he does. At least he'll be doing it for us and he has good locker room presence. Some people are talkin like he's locker room cancer and I don't think he is at all.

He won most popular player on one team he was on. I think he's generally well liked in the locker room and I've never heard of him having a bad attitude.

I've been thinking on this all day. At first I was like many of you, shocked, hurt, betrayed, sickened, and had convulsions (More than normal). But I kept thinking. This guy was on the A-1 dickhead list. Upper tier disturber. I hated hear those whistles (and put me down for banishment of those things) because something stupid and painful could well happen to the Wings.

I kept thinking. A heat seeking missile some nights might just be what they need. Someone to crank somebody into next Tuesday from the forward position ala Kronwall from defense. Somebody the other team really gets distracted by. He wouldn't have lasted this long if he couldn't do something right.

Yeah, I know, it's Jordin Tootoo. I know. Same thing with Chelios. Laimbeer was an ass in Cleveland before he got to Detroit. I'm adopting a wait and see attitude. He might workout. He might not. He'll be playing with better linemates in Detroit overall and it would appear he'll be highly motivated. A highly motivated checker and dastardly hitter is what a lot of people here clamor for no?

If Patrick Kane, zee hockey player, does his next Discover card ad in a full body cast compliments of Tootoo it would go a long way to making things right.

Edited by Jersey Wing

I really liked him when he played for the Canadian Junior team years back, I was a bit shocked to read they signed him but at the same time Im kind of excited to see what happens next year now. Sometimes guys do better with a change of scenery, lets hope he is one of those guys. Id actually like to see him and Cleary on a line together.

I hated Tootoo because of the way he annoyed me, but now I am glad he will be annoying other fans. I am glad to have him as long as he doesn't commit stupid penalties on a regular basis.

And please fans, do NOT carry over that damn whistle.

Jordin Tootoo? What the f*** is GOING ON HERE?!?!?!!?!

A backup goalie. A guy from the Swiss league. Jordin Tootoo. Mikael Samuelsson. Is this one of my Xanax nightmares? I wanna puke.

If anyone needs me for the next few minutes, I will be in my car with the engine on and the garage door shut.

Jordin Tootoo. HEALTHY SCRATCH for 7 of the 10 Predators playoff games. Guy wasn't good enough to play in Nashville. 1.9 MILLION?!??!?!?!?

$3 million a year for Mikaelf****** Samuelsson???? Oh and a NO TRADE CLAUSE TO BOOT!!

Samuelsson is an abortion in his own zone. Was so happy he left. What a NIGHTMARE. Just announce Homer is coming back so u can finish me off

Edited by Lazerbeam

I hated Tootoo because of the way he annoyed me, but now I am glad he will be annoying other fans. I am glad to have him as long as he doesn't commit stupid penalties on a regular basis.

And please fans, do NOT carry over that damn whistle.

i mailed my tootoo whistle to JLA with a note that said please carry on the annoying tradition :sneaky:

Sounds like he might've been a fallback plan....

Tootoo, who is close friends with Red Wings forward Darren Helm, said the offer from Detroit came out of the blue.

The Red Wings hadn't contacted his representatives in the days leading up to the start of free agency Sunday until Detroit general manager Ken Holland suddenly made an offer.

i mailed my tootoo whistle to JLA with a note that said please carry on the annoying tradition :sneaky:

Any self-respecting Wings fan who has one of those whistles or uses it should be forcibly ejected from JLA, permanently banned -- after being forced to eat or otherwise ingest said whistle.

I am so happy with this signing even to just upset everyone's perfect red wings apple cart. Tootoo brings snarl, hitting and intensity something the wings lack and something I'll enjoy watching. Would everyone prefer some small soft skilled player to this guy on the fourth line? Come on men this is hockey

Edited by cnot19

There's more options than just small soft skill player or cheapshotting 4th liner who's bad defensively.

Having watched Nashville for a while I'll respectfully disagree with the bad defensive tag. I think he's ok defensively and is not a liability on the ice. No doubt there are other players out there, but bit seems everyone wants a guy who has never done anything over or on the edge in their career

Maybe... We are all freaking out before we even see him play? Naw, that'd be too much. Pathetic Wings fans...

What? We've been watching the douchebag play classless hockey for years, what are you talking about?

Having watched Nashville for a while I'll respectfully disagree with the bad defensive tag. I think he's ok defensively and is not a liability on the ice. No doubt there are other players out there, but bit seems everyone wants a guy who has never done anything over or on the edge in their career

I think he's gotten a bit better over the years, but didn't they sit him for almost all of the playoffs last year?

I'm not being a smartass, I'm just making sure he wasn't injured and I forgot. But it doesn't show a lot of confidence in his play.

I know what you're saying. I'm definitely not hung up on the Wings being "classy." I'd take guys like Pronger and Doan here in a heartbeat, and both are on and sometimes over the edge. But they're beasts.

I like the wings having a guy who will drop the gloves. Unfortunately with Tootoo he often doesn't give the other guy a chance to get his off before he starts throwing haymakers.