• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

Yeah, loading up on forwards is indicating to me that we are not in the front running for Parise. I don't know how I feel about this signing.

It could also indicate we're adding depth before making a roster move.

This is crazy. May as well get Ott and Cooke, perhaps Pronger if his concussion symptoms subside?!?! I guess it's a good thing when someone you can't stand signs for your team. They bring something to the table that make you dislike them so much... It reminds me of when Chelios signed with the wings.

People need to relax. Tootoo put up 30 points this past season which is more than anyone in our bottom 6 and hes also a legit tough player that the wings needed. I would have rathered Prust but for the price and role Tootoo is fine. Now that hes sober he isnt that bad.

You all chirp him but wait til he runs over a few guys and youll all love him. Solid signing. Tootoo - Helm - Abdelkader is going to be a nasty line

From Helene St James:

RedWings done with free agency for today - now sitting back to wait to hear from Ryan Suter & Zach Parise.

And

DET GM Ken Holland on signing of Jordin Tootoo: "We're stepping out of our comfort zone."

But why this time is it one that their fans hate too? I always hated Chelios but I RESPECTED him as a great player. I don't have that feeling about Tootoo at all. A glorified scrub. Why would the Wings sign him????????? I really truly hate this signing.

I like this signing, We needed grit and lets face it he does have some skill. Everyone hated Bertuzzi back in the day and now he is a fan favorite and there is no reason why Tootoo cannot follow in those footsteps. We all deserve a second chance and there is no reason why Tootoo shouldn't get one.

I STILL HATE BERTUZZI!!!

Everyone in here is a moron. The only reason people hated to play him is he is dirty and plays dirty. He doesn't make the team better, he won't win us any games. He doesn't even deserve a third of the salary they just paid him, and there was a chance he wouldn't have signed ANYWHERE! He was a a healthy scratch in Nashville where they have no forwards to speak of and paid Gaustad 3.5 to fill Tootoo's roster spot. HORRIBLE# MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's one of those guys that you're glad he is on your team because you won't have to play against him anymore...

No, he is not one of those guys. He is one of those guys that you would always expect an organization like Detroit to stay away from. If indeed he has cleaned up his act and proves to be a worthy acquisition and can show a little class, I'll be the first to say good on him and Kenny Holland for seeing it in him.

But until then, this seems like a very bad use of space and money to say the least.