• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

Interesting move. I will say this much: Detroit has seen this guy play for years, so he must bring an element they wanted. And frankly, I think his behaviour issues stemmed largely from his addiction problems, which he has been able to overcome. He's come a long way since then, maturity wise.

One thing I am concerned about is that he didn't seem to take kindly to being sat out sometimes in the playoffs, and I'm not sure he'll play every night here, though his salary would suggest he will. That said, he did score 30 points in 77 games this year, so he has the ability to contribute offensively -- more than can be said for many similar kinds of players.

Now Samuelsson...I'm not sure how to rationalize that one...

Holland has to have something stirring to move some forwards out. That's 2 today, and a full-court press to land Parise tomorrow as a 3rd.

Gotta say it - I wouldn't mind seeing Franzen go, even when I know he'll probably shape up and play harder on a different team. At least for awhile.

Tootoo was a healthy scratch on a team that was BETTER than the one we had WITH Lidstrom. I have never been more pissed at the Wings. I have never gotten THIS MAD. I want him gone NOW. THIS IS THE SECOND WORST DAY IN WINGS HISTORY.

I think this might be a little dramatic. Tootoo has potential to be a very very good 4th line player for the Red Wings.

Make it 12 after Abby and Quincey are signed

I have to think that there is a deal coming. No way does Holland sign Tootoo and Sammy and feel he has done his job. I think a big roster change is coming. Is Abby out?