• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Wings Addict

Should Kronwall have to answer the bell for his hits?

Rate this topic

Should Kronwall have to answer the bell for his hits?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

large_havlat24.jpg

I'd like to see where LGW stands in regards to this issue. The question is pretty self-explanatory. Please vote yes or no.

He's a skilled d-man who has excellent timing when it comes to hits. Because he plays against top-six forwards much of the time, chances are that he's going to hit and potentially concuss a skilled player, which some believe is wrong no matter what. What are your thoughts?

In a perfect world, Kronwall would crush someone with a clean hit, then when some idiot dropped the gloves and went after him, Kronner would start throwing haymakers and drop that guy too. But he's just not that player.

Would I love him to beat the crap out of someone who expects him to fight for a clean hit? Yes.

Should he HAVE to fight for a clean hit? No.

As long as it is a clean hit, hell no. One of the first things I was told when playing hockey was "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP". If you got your head down and you get blown up it is on you. No one should have to answer for you not paying attention.

This. Stop admiring your sick puck handling skills and watch where the eff you're going. I don't ever like seeing someone seriously hurt, but I love watching players get leveled with a good clean hit. If they didn't learn to keep their heads up in pee wee, they'll certainly remember to do so after being on the receiving end of a good Kronwalling.

Personally I don't think it matters if the hit is clean or dirty nobody should "have" to answer the bell. He's now our #1 defenceman. Its better for the team that he not take himself out of games for 5 minutes at a time by dropping the gloves.

If he wants to answer the bell, great, most of us love a good fight, but that decision is up to the player himself.

I don't think he should have to fight for clean hits, but having said that, I'm really surprised that more teams don't make him...or someone else on the team. The fact that he does it and gets away with it so much is a real surprise.

Note: On a positive note, seems like we'll never have to ask this question about Smith.

Edited by kipwinger

...only if he executes an illegal hit. If its legal, the hitee should have to answer to his mommy for not paying attention out there!

Again, I don't think that he SHOULD have to answer for it, but I agree with the statement above, if I'm an oppositing coach me most definitely WOULD answer for it. Colton Orr would be out the very next shift and someone would be in serious s***. The rules and the referees are there to police the game and keep people accountable, tough guys are there to keep the physicality on an even keel.

Edited by kipwinger

So you would make him answer for clean hits which are pretty much 99% of his hits? Why is that?

Perhaps because if I'm the coach my job is to win, and that's much more difficult if my top line guys are getting the hell beat out of them.

Guest The Axe

So you would make him answer for clean hits which are pretty much 99% of his hits? Why is that?

Because beating up Kronwall's face might keep him from charging my guys. I like Krons, but your % is so far off. He leaves his feet 50% of the time. Watch old videos of Vlad if you want to see good hitting technique. Only red wing fans think Krons is clean.

Because beating up Kronwall's face might keep him from charging my guys. I like Krons, but your % is so far off. He leaves his feet 50% of the time. Watch old videos of Vlad if you want to see good hitting technique. Only red wing fans think Krons is clean.

and obviously you are not a wings fan which we all know. So your point on the matter is a bit skewed and to say that 50% of his hits are illegal?? really? maybe you should re-watch some of his hits there chief and take off whatever color glasses you have on.

if his hits were 50% dirty and should of been penalized...why have they not been,...and why has he not been suspended? hmmmmmm

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

His percentage may be off, but yours is even farther off.

I think Kronwall has left his feet too much in the past, though he was much better this last season. I'm guessing he took notice that the league had been cracking down. But even when he was leaving his feet, it wasn't anywhere near half the time.

He was credited with 113 hits in 2011. There's no way he left his feet 56 times. Raffi Headhunter Torres doesn't even reach those kind of numbers. Kronner would've been called for charging several times and likely been suspended.

Sometimes. Depends on the situation. Honestly, I don't like seeing him skate away from a ***** like Kesler. He should have went with him, whether it was a clean hit or not. Makes our whole team look bad when he just skates away.

Then again, he is our number 1 defenseman and we should have someone out there to protect him. Unfortunately, Kenny won't get either another number one defenseman or someone to protect Kronwall. We're pretty much stuck with this lineup.

Guest The Axe

His percentage may be off, but yours is even farther off.

I think Kronwall has left his feet too much in the past, though he was much better this last season. I'm guessing he took notice that the league had been cracking down. But even when he was leaving his feet, it wasn't anywhere near half the time.

He was credited with 113 hits in 2011. There's no way he left his feet 56 times. Raffi Headhunter Torres doesn't even reach those kind of numbers. Kronner would've been called for charging several times and likely been suspended.

Im just talking about his "kronwalled" hits. Half of those things arent so clean.

Sometimes. Depends on the situation. Honestly, I don't like seeing him skate away from a ***** like Kesler. He should have went with him, whether it was a clean hit or not. Makes our whole team look bad when he just skates away.

I understand where you're coming from but I disagree. I love seeing the other team squirm and lose their focus and try to get retribution when they should be focusing on the game itself. Vladdy said it best: "I don't need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

On the other hand, when Zetterberg gets his face slammed into the boards (or any other illegal and dangerous attack), then I expect the team to strike down with great fury. The acquisition of Tootoo should help in that regard.

Guest The Axe

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F%3Fclient%3Dmv-verizon-us&client=mv-verizon-us&gl=US

I dont have a problem with his arm flailing out after his hits. Thats just him trying to get his balance. Not him trying to elbow people, as is often said. I just see a lot of:

1) leaving his feet

2) shoulder to elbow part of the arm hits placed at the head of the opponent instead of the middle of the body.

Notice that most of his perfect hits go unchallenged by the other team and the opposing player is normally shaken, but gets back up. Then notice his imperfect hits where the opposing player is hurt and the other team is wanting to fight.

Kronwall is a good player, but saying he is a clean player is a bit naive or homeristic. Im sure 29 teams' fans dont think so.

http://m.youtube.com...erizon-us&gl=US

I dont have a problem with his arm flailing out after his hits. Thats just him trying to get his balance. Not him trying to elbow people, as is often said. I just see a lot of:

1) leaving his feet

2) shoulder to elbow part of the arm hits placed at the head of the opponent instead of the middle of the body.

Notice that most of his perfect hits go unchallenged by the other team and the opposing player is normally shaken, but gets back up. Then notice his imperfect hits where the opposing player is hurt and the other team is wanting to fight.

Kronwall is a good player, but saying he is a clean player is a bit naive or homeristic. Im sure 29 teams' fans dont think so.

If he leaves his feet so much and his hits are so illegal 50% of the time as you say again answer why he hasn't been suspended. Shanny has no problem suspending guys even though there was no call on ice. Are we going to start talking about the mysterious Shanny bias for the wings now?

Guest The Axe

If he leaves his feet so much and his hits are so illegal 50% of the time as you say again answer why he hasn't been suspended. Shanny has no problem suspending guys even though there was no call on ice. Are we going to start talking about the mysterious Shanny bias for the wings now?

Last year, he was pretty clean. I will give u that.