Photo
- - - - -

White as home jerseys or road jerseys?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: White as home jerseys or road jerseys?

White as _____ is better

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Would you support another possible jersey colour change after the lockout? Discuss.

bringit.jpg

#2 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I grew up watching white as the home jersey...I gotta say that as the "Red Wings" - they need to continue wearing red at home games.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#3 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

the whole idea behind wearing white at home is to draw the colors from other teams in for the fans. face it, if your a islanders fan, and they wear colors at home...everyone comes in wearing white. no fun.

come on wings...go back to white at home. they just look better.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#4 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

For nostalgia's sake I'd like to see them go back to white at home.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#5 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

I vote white at home, as mentioned above I grew up watching the Wings at home in white.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#6 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

I prefer white for the reasons mentioned above, as well as the symbolism involved with light/dark colors. White/light is associated with good, and dark is associate with evil. Ever since the color swap, it felt like the Wings were antagonists in their own building.

#7 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

I like the red uniforms much more personally, so I prefer seeing them on the Wings at home.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#8 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

White as home, no question.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#9 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

I think it'd be cool to see a whiteout at the Joe again. Red-out doesn't seem as intimidating.

bringit.jpg

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Agree with everyone else here. Don't know why the league went back to old school crap, when there's like 30 teams in the league now.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#11 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Definitely should go back to white jerseys at home, that's how it was when I first started watching in the '90s

it still bothers me that they switched after the last lockout

plus I think the red sweaters are more intimidating on the road

I wonder if the players have a preference?

#12 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

I think it'd be cool to see a whiteout at the Joe again. Red-out doesn't seem as intimidating.

Yeah, I have noticed some of the white outs in the league have seemed kind of silly after the switch. The home team is wearing dark now and the all the fans and the away team are wearing white. See Phoenix's playoff run last year.

To be honest, it doesn't matter much to me when the team wears each color. I have always thought our white jersey looked a bit cooler than the red, so I guess it would be nice to see those at home. For those of you who own both jersey colors, do you have a tradition when it comes to wearing them at games or when watching at home? In the playoffs, I usually match up with the team but if we fall into a bad streak, I'll blame the jersey color and switch to the opposite until we're back on track. That's just my superstition. :lol:

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#13 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

The league switched so teams can wear their third jerseys (almost always dark) at home without road teams having to pack both their light and dark uniforms.
I prefer white at home and dark on the road, like most of you guys. If I had season tickets, I wouldn't want to see red vs. white every game.

#14 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

The current scheme makes more sense to me. (Home is special. Your colors are special. You wear your colors at home. Special.) But the old way is so deeply ingrained in me that even now, after all this time with the current way, it still doesn't feel right. I have to think about it for a couple seconds. "OK, white. So we're home away. Got it."

I guess my vote is for home. Because, like, tradition, yo.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#15 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

What about Red EVERY game? Canadiens, Coyotes, and Panthers are only teams with color scheme issues. So Wings wear whites 2 or 3 games a year. Ever think of that?

#16 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

i grew up watching the wings wear white at home but i loved it when the nhl switched the road/home jerseys. I think the red jerseys look better. they are the "RED" wings after all ;)

What about Red EVERY game? Canadiens, Coyotes, and Panthers are only teams with color scheme issues. So Wings wear whites 2 or 3 games a year. Ever think of that?

i think nhl rules state that each team must have a home and road jersey

#17 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Generally I'm a traditionalist, but to me white says bland, blah, neutral. The "real" colour, your own individual colour, the one that no one else wears*, the one that identifies you, that makes you special as a group- that is what I prefer as the home colour.

Everyone wears white sometimes. Not everyone has the privilege of wearing RED.

*yes, I realize that we don't have a monopoly on red, but you get the idea.

#18 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

I like the team colours as the home jersey personally, so i'll go with white as road jerseys.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#19 StevieY is the captain

StevieY is the captain

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

I like the white better, but I think the red jerseys on the road would result in more penaltys against us. Just speculation on my part so I voted for red at home.

#20 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

White is the s***... definitely the better jersey...and it allows other teams at the joe to wear their respective colors for the fans

thou we are the RED wings so i understand the red at home argument. still support the white thou, wish we still did it like that