• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

Beautiful, will he be able to start in the NHL off the bat though? Or is he a AHL guy for now and will come up when he's ready?

He will sign with a team that offers him NHL minutes...according to my source (Danny D's sister) Babcock has indeed told him that he has a spot in the NHL...just hearsay though, you never know what was said...

Hope we get the kid. Watch some of his plays and he looks pretty mature. The best part is that Wings don't have to give up anybody and an entry level contract. We can spend the money for a forward. Hope this deal goes trough.

Go Wings !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest irishock

Smith, Kindl, Lashoff, Dekeyser. Who would've thought at the beginning of the year...

Smith, Kindl, Lashoff, Dekeyser. Who would've thought at the beginning of the year...

Pretty amazing considering the criticism given about the defense and defensive prospects. Now we almost have too many high quality D prospects... almost. Those four guys plus Sproul and Ouellet is a pretty darn good group of D prospects.

I certainly hope the wings get DD, even if he doesn't make a huge impact right away, it would be very reassuring to know that the future of the D is in good shape.

Pretty amazing considering the criticism given about the defense and defensive prospects. Now we almost have too many high quality D prospects... almost. Those four guys plus Sproul and Ouellet is a pretty darn good group of D prospects.

I certainly hope the wings get DD, even if he doesn't make a huge impact right away, it would be very reassuring to know that the future of the D is in good shape.

And Almquist put a hat trick last night with the Griffins.

Leftwinger youve been saying youve had that source since last season so I believe you, I dont think anyone would go on that long about a fake source so thats encouraging.

He would probably be better than White, CC, Huskins and Lashoff right now so I see him as an improvement to the team. No reason he shouldnt get offered a spot on the squad. Once hes signed if hes clearly not ready you can still send him down

*UPDATE*

So, we won't know until at least Tuesday, it seems.

Yep, he's heading to Toronto to meet up with his agent and start sifting through the offers. We can only pray that he wants to come here. I mean.. the guy has a Wings jersey dawned in the window of his dorm room, wears the Winged Wheel around the campus of WMU, and has grown up watching the team. No team can honestly offer him more. There isn't anything we can do now except sit here and hope the kid wants to play hockey at the professional level locally.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie4m

Many in hockey believe DET is frontrunner for DeKeyser but sorting/selection process starts Tuesday, may take a day or two to complete.

It seems to make the most sense. Without taking in to affect my feelings toward him coming here you have to look at the facts....

Hometown kid....Idolized the Wings growing up...Wings cannot be outbid by money or length. Wings want him bad. If he does spend some time in GR next season, his former Coach is there Head Coaching. Has a teammate at WMU (Mike McKee) that is also Red Wings property and will eventually be a teammate with him again...The fact that when he was wanting to come out last season as a Sophomore, he took the advice of Red Wings brass to return to college for one more season, so he holds Ken Holland and Jim Nill with the upmost respect. He is very good friends with Jill Nill and his son. He has spent two or three years at the Wings rookie camps, playing with guys that would eventually be his teammates...Then throw in what I was told yesterday by my buddy (thru Danny's sister) that Babcock promised him a spot in the lineup...this is just a no brainer. But, in the end the team he chooses is going to be a team he feels is the best fit for him...I just hope that its Detroit...

Edited by LeftWinger

.If we sign him, whose spot will he take on the roster? Kronwall and Ericsson seem to be the only certainties on D. Kindl has improved out of sight, Lashoff has been way better than anyone expected. Smith remains the Great White Hope on D. Quincey hasn't been near as bad as his critics make out, White is our only other offensive D after Kronwall. That's 7. Colo is made of glass and surplus to requirements now and Huskins is little more than an injury plug so they can be discounted.

So we sign this kid, he has to bump 2 of that 7 out the line-up, and it without seeing him play, he sounds like another big-bodied defensive defenseman a' la Ericsson, Lashoff, Quincey and even Kindl as he goes through his Babcockian make-over.

Edited by Nev

.If we sign him, whose spot will he take on the roster? Kronwall and Ericsson seem to be the only certainties on D. Kindl has improved out of sight, Lashoff has been way better than anyone expected. Smith remains the Great White Hope on D. Quincey hasn't been near as bad as his critics make out, White is our only other offensive D after Kronwall. That's 7. Colo is made of glass and surplus to requirements now and Huskins is little more than an injury plug so they can be discounted.

So we sign this kid, he has to bump 2 of that 7 out the line-up, and it without seeing him play, he sounds like another big-bodied defensive defenseman a' la Ericsson, Lashoff, Quincey and even Kindl as he goes through his Babcockian make-over.

Personally, I expect Quincey could return for the playoffs MAYBE, if he has surgery, he's prolly done for the year... I would feel more comfortable having a young 6'3" 200+ defenseman over an inconsistent Ian White. Colo and Huskins who cares lol

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Quincey is out basically for the rest of the regular season. I don't think it would take much to put DD ahead of White, Cola, and Huskins (and possibly Lashoff). And while Smith hasn't been scoring, he should be, and Kindl has decent offensive skills.

A few more tweets from Bob:

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie5m

NHL teams will be full-court press trying to sign Western Michigan's DeKeyser. EDM owner Daryl Katz has already phoned the UFA defenceman.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie3m

Some club execs plan on making personal pitches to DeKeyser/advisors in TOR on Tues/Wed. It's believed one NHL head coach will show as well.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie2m

It's believed DeKeyser will have his equipment with him in TOR, once he makes decision he can fly directly to club he's chosen.