Photo
- - - - -

WCQF Game 4 GDT : Ducks 2 @ Red Wings 3 (OT) - (Series tied, 2-2)

• Please log in to reply
1051 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

gdt4.jpg

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

WIN!!

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#3 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are combined for 0 goals, 0 assists and 0 points. I know it's not all about the numbers but they need to show up on the stat sheet.

#4 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

We need to win this one or else series is over.  Down 3-1 going back to Anaheim is not a good position to be in.  I'm sure they know that but with Helm, DeKeyser, Abby all out ... we've got to dig deep.   

#5 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are combined for 0 goals, 0 assists and 0 points. I know it's not all about the numbers but they need to show up on the stat sheet.

actually they are combined for 0 goals, 3 assists and 3 points, but I get what you are trying to say.
They are poised for a breakthrough at any time

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#6 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are combined for 0 goals, 0 assists and 0 points.

No they're not.

Anyway, just WIN!  2-2 going back to Anaheim and it'll all be to play for.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#7 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Dats has 2 assists and Z has 1, but yes, we need them to be on the scoresheet if we want to win this series. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#8 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Game Four, Conference-Era Playoff Format (since 1993-94)
This is the 40th Game Four in a Conference Playoff Series. The Club's record in the previous 39 games:
22W-17L

This is the 9th Game Four in a Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 8 games:
5W-3L

This is the 19th Game Four in a Conference Quarter-Finals Series, with the Club’s record in the previous 18 games:
9W-9L

This is the 3rd Game Four in a Conference Quarter-Finals Series without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous  2 games:
1W-1L

Game Four in Conference-Era Playoff Format with Series 1-2 (since 1993-94)
This is the 11th Game Four Conference Playoff Series with the series 1-2, with the Club’s record in the previous 10 games:
7W-3L

This is the 4th Game Four Conference Playoff Series with the series 1-2 without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 3 games:
1W-2L

This is the 6th Game Four in a Conference Quarter-Final Series with the series 1-2, with the Club’s record in the previous 5 games:
4W-1L

This is the 4th Game Three in a Conference Quarter-Final Series with the series 1-2 without home-ice , with the Club’s record in the previous 3 games:
1W-2L

On This Day
May 6
This is the 6th playoff game played on this date, with the Club’s record in the previous 5 games:
4W-1L

This is the 4th playoff game Anaheim played on this day, with the Club's record in the previous 3 games:
2W

LGW.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 06 May 2013 - 12:48 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#9 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

team is completely bipolar so I wont be surprised if they win 6-0 or lose 6-0.

naked is a state of mind

#10 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

I hope Bert AND Tootoo are both in tonight. This team needs a show of force! I mean, why would Sammy possibly be put back in the line-up tonight? His signing was a mistake, it's time to admit that and move on. 

#11 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

I hope Bert AND Tootoo are both in tonight. This team needs a show of force! I mean, why would Sammy possibly be put back in the line-up tonight? His signing was a mistake, it's time to admit that and move on. 

Molasses could've made it's way down ice faster than Bertuzzi last game, no thanks. Bring Tootoo in and keep Sammy. He didn't play bad. He got the one penalty and started s*** which resulted in a 4on4 instead of the original powerplay for the Ducks. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#12 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

LGW come out and show them they can't take us that easily

#13 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Taking my girlfriend to the Joe tonight for her first ever Red Wings game or NHL game period. I'm not too optimistic about tonight but we will have fun either way as long as the Wings don't get blown out. I haven't been to a game all season but last year my record at games was something like 4-0-1 so hopefully I can bring some good luck.  ;)

#14 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

team is completely bipolar so I wont be surprised if they win 6-0 or lose 6-0.

I want a win obviously but after the last couple nights nothing would surprise me!  Hoping the Wings come out flying in this one, everyone has to play near flawless games from here on out to get through this series!  LGW!!  Mule Dats Z are huge in this one!  

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#15 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

I was a bit embarrassed by their play at the Joe for first home game of this series. I hope they redeem themselves.

#16 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Sort of a must win game for us.

But I'm gonna miss it do to work : (

LET'S GO WINGS!!!

#17 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Tootoo is scratched, Sammy is on the top line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Bert is on the 4th line with Emmerton and Eaves

#18 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

my apologies for the stats mess up, but clearly Z and Datsyuk really need to get going. It's a huge game for everybody.

#19 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Molasses could've made it's way down ice faster than Bertuzzi last game, no thanks. Bring Tootoo in and keep Sammy. He didn't play bad. He got the one penalty and started s*** which resulted in a 4on4 instead of the original powerplay for the Ducks. 

It was his first game back in a while; everybody expected him to be a little slow. Sammy wasn't exactly flying down the ice, either, at any point this season, and basically gave the team nothing.. Bert will at least, hopefully, be a physical presence. I hear Tootoo is a healthy scratch, making his signing pretty pointless. But we'll get to see Sammy and Eaves do nothing, as usual. Hurrah! 

#20 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Good God just win! Hope they come out pissed and make this a statement game.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger