• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Brunner Contract Talks

Rate this topic

He probably thought that he could get more and by now he knows better. Purely speculating, I think he went to NJ in part because he didn't want to go back to Holland and eat crow about how much he really is worth, being more or less guaranteed a bigger role and potentially more points, which means more money next contract, and possibly proximity to a bigger city.

I dunno, just seems weird that he'd leave for Jersey of all places for comparable $

Holland didn't want to go that high. Lets say he did sign him right now for 3 million, the Wings would be over the cap by 1 million. Plus three must sign RFA's need to get raises. And we would have 17 forwards signed counting Gustav and Andersson.

He should trade Sammy for a 7th round pick. It's Hollands fault Brunner isn't a Wing, the guy loved playing here.

How many forwards do the Wings have? I count 14 signed and 2 RFA guys.

You have no idea how high Holland wanted to go. If he really wanted to keep Brunner and Brunner really wanted to stay I don't think $500k would have been the deal breaker.

Samuelsson has a NTC so he has some control over where he plays and he still hasn't been cleared to play. Plus it's early in the offseason, no need to be rushing to make moves right now

I still believe Brunner will be back...of course I am just hoping that they decide to agree on a contract, but until he signs elsewhere, I am in the believe section of him returning to Detroit.

One way or another, Detroit will rid itself of Samuelsson. Cleary will be gone and there will be a trade for a future consideration...

I still believe Brunner will be back...of course I am just hoping that they decide to agree on a contract, but until he signs elsewhere, I am in the believe section of him returning to Detroit.

One way or another, Detroit will rid itself of Samuelsson. Cleary will be gone and there will be a trade for a future consideration...

Your lips to The Hockey God's ears. I really would like him back...

From everything I've read, it comes down to wanting a guaranteed spot in the top 6. He's not going to get that in Detroit so I seriously doubt he'll be back.

The more I read about this, I truly believe this is the biggest issue with him.

That is why NJD look so intriguing to him, with Kovy leaving they have a large gap in their top 6.

From everything I've read, it comes down to wanting a guaranteed spot in the top 6. He's not going to get that in Detroit so I seriously doubt he'll be back.

I totally agree. I'm hoping no one else gives it to him, and he realizes that EARNING that top spot should be the way it is done, and where best to do that then on the best team in the world? ;)

That is why NJD look so intriguing to him, with Kovy leaving they have a large gap in their top 6.

Nothing wrong with that, it shows he is a fierce competitor and wants to proof himself in the NHL. Helping New Jersey out is not an easy task, so they'll need a guy like him.

Good luck

Nothing wrong with that, it shows he is a fierce competitor and wants to proof himself in the NHL. Helping New Jersey out is not an easy task, so they'll need a guy like him. Good luck

I agree, nothing wrong with it at all.

But if he were a 21 year old rookie would he get some slack for demanding that kind of thing?

I think a guy wanting to be top 6 should be every players goal, until proven to be otherwise, then happy to make the team.

In the span of 2 years, the Devils lose Parise, Clarkson and Kovalchuk. That's a top line... With our D departures in the past few years, we know exactly how they feel, and it kinda sucks. Lots of ice time for Brunner if he goes there. And he'll either be flanking Zajac or Henrique likely.

What happened to helping the team? If you could be a part of the best third line in hockey AND a spot on the power play what the F? I don't like the thought of him more less demanding a spot in the top six...that being said I still feel Brunner is still a Red Wing until he's not

I can't blame Brunner for wanting to find a place to play top-6 and hopefully make a little more money in the process. I would obviously like him back and think that if he was willing to play out a short-term contract in Detroit as an extended audition he would be in a good position once Alfredsson decided to retire/move on. I think staying with Detroit where they have him slotted would be much more helpful to his development as an NHL player, but I also understand as an older player he is probably more interested in the ice-time and pay.

Either way, I wish him the best, still holding out hope that he ends up back in Detroit, either this season (unlikely) or in a year or two.

3. Of course Brunner said he loved playing here. You know who loves playing here? Datsyuk. He could have gotten extra money out of Jersey or 28 other teams next year too. Except he re-upped with the Wings for less than he would have got as a UFA in 2014. I don't buy all the "OMG I looooove Detroit" talk from Brunner.

Except you're comparing a guy signing essentially his first NHL contract to a guy who has made a TON of money of the years.

So, no, the comparison doesn't make sense at all.

Guest The Axe

Except you're comparing a guy signing essentially his first NHL contract to a guy who has made a TON of money of the years.

So, no, the comparison doesn't make sense at all.[/quote

I think its valid. Plenty of teams would pay Dats 8.5 mil a year for 3 years after next season. 3 mil is not a small amount. Thats a good discount.]

So, no, the comparison doesn't make sense at all.[/quote

I think its valid. Plenty of teams would pay Dats 8.5 mil a year for 3 years after next season. 3 mil is not a small amount. Thats a good discount.]

i think a better "anti-comparison" is to say that pav is more likely to take a discount to stay here because he's played so long whereas brunner would love to play here but closer to his market price, if not the same. doesn't mean he doesn't love it here.. but i mean, who wouldnt ;)

Guest Crymson

Hopefully he does the smart thing and returns.

Barring some team suddenly becoming interested in Samuelsson, I believe that ship has sailed.

Does anyone feel like the longer he remains unsigned...maybe he doesn't *want* to return to the NHL?

If he wanted to go back to Europe he'd have signed there by now. I just think he truly believes he's worth more than he's been offered.