• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Trade/Buyout thread

Rate this topic

I think things at forward are still a bit confusing. Once they know if Brunner and Cleary are going, then we could see a Sammy buyout.

With Colo getting bought out (which really isn't the best use of our buyout power) we only have one left and I have to believe he's saving it for Franzen next summer when he's 34.

if Brunner signs elsewhere, we'll regret it. Gotta think it's close.. *fingers crossed*

If Brunner doesn't sign before free agency starts you can kiss him good-bye. Other teams have shown the propensity to do what it takes to bring in talent that matters.

If Brunner doesn't sign before free agency starts you can kiss him good-bye. Other teams have shown the propensity to do what it takes to bring in talent that matters.

I agree how many players negotiate with their team and go to free agency and then end up signing with there original team. It does not happen often of ever.

get ready lol ... some stupid team will give him 5 yrs and he'll be the next leino and cry in the bathroom floor for leaving detroit

Leino wasn't producing in his first full season here and we couldn't afford to keep him, so traded him to Philly where he got to the stanley cup finals and broke a club record and now he's making bank for doing nothing in Buffalo. I don't think he's crying about it.

I don't really get the angst that the Red Wings aren't willing to meet the insane contractual demands of the so-so pool of free agents available. Holland being conservative in years past is the reason why we're not in a cap crunch the way most of the other large market franchises are now. In fact, as the summer progresses (and next year rolls around), we could very well be the beneficiaries of the cap crunch these teams have imposed on themselves. When Holland screws up and we need to use a buyout, we're talking about clearing a roster player making $2.5-3M for one more year. Other teams (Philly, Tampa Bay, NYR, NYI, Vancouver) are finding themselves stuck deciding whether they want to pay a player millions of dollars not to play for them for another decade-and-a-half to come.

In all likelihood, the deals that Lecavalier/Clarkson/Horton receive are going to end up looking just like the Bryzgalov/Wisniewski/Richards got - gross overpayments resulting from GMs rummaging through a weak free agent pool. Sometimes the best move is the one you didn't make - can you look back at any of the last 3-4 summers (not counting Suter/Parise) and fault Holland for not signing the premier free agents for their contractual demands in retrospect?

With that said, I totally agree that Holland is loyal to certain players to a fault and is completely inactive in the trade market. Ray Shero and Stan Bowman are two GMs that have done very well for themselves (the way Holland used to) in the post-lockout era with trades.

"The Red Wings had been expected to use their second compliance buyout on forward Mikael Samuelsson but his injured pectoral muscle makes him ineligible to be bought out. Contrary to speculation, forward Todd Bertuzzi will not be bought out in his place. The team may save the second buyout for the 2014 offseason."

How reliable is the site? I wonder if it's just speculation on their part? If his pectoral muscle is seriously going to be the reason to not use a buyout... wow.

http://www.detroithockey.net/pressbox/news/2013/07/02/red-wings-to-buy-out-colaiacovo.php

"The Red Wings had been expected to use their second compliance buyout on forward Mikael Samuelsson but his injured pectoral muscle makes him ineligible to be bought out. Contrary to speculation, forward Todd Bertuzzi will not be bought out in his place. The team may save the second buyout for the 2014 offseason."

How reliable is the site? I wonder if it's just speculation on their part? If his pectoral muscle is seriously going to be the reason to not use a buyout... wow.

http://www.detroithockey.net/pressbox/news/2013/07/02/red-wings-to-buy-out-colaiacovo.php

Sammy seems to be quite a slippery little f***, eh? ...maybe it's just his agent wanting his full 15%.

Guest Johnz96

I don't really get the angst that the Red Wings aren't willing to meet the insane contractual demands of the so-so pool of free agents available. Holland being conservative in years past is the reason why we're not in a cap crunch the way most of the other large market franchises are now. In fact, as the summer progresses (and next year rolls around), we could very well be the beneficiaries of the cap crunch these teams have imposed on themselves. When Holland screws up and we need to use a buyout, we're talking about clearing a roster player making $2.5-3M for one more year. Other teams (Philly, Tampa Bay, NYR, NYI, Vancouver) are finding themselves stuck deciding whether they want to pay a player millions of dollars not to play for them for another decade-and-a-half to come.

In all likelihood, the deals that Lecavalier/Clarkson/Horton receive are going to end up looking just like the Bryzgalov/Wisniewski/Richards got - gross overpayments resulting from GMs rummaging through a weak free agent pool. Sometimes the best move is the one you didn't make - can you look back at any of the last 3-4 summers (not counting Suter/Parise) and fault Holland for not signing the premier free agents for their contractual demands in retrospect?

With that said, I totally agree that Holland is loyal to certain players to a fault and is completely inactive in the trade market. Ray Shero and Stan Bowman are two GMs that have done very well for themselves (the way Holland used to) in the post-lockout era with trades.

That would be true including Suter and Parise. They're both good but way overpayed. I wouldn't want any player that would go through what they did to maximize their payday. Maximizing your payday means minimizing your chances of winning because your team won't be able to afford to put better teammates on your team. Lecavalier probably could have got more than a million more per year if he pulled the same bull.

Edited by Johnz96

"The Red Wings had been expected to use their second compliance buyout on forwardMikael Samuelssonbut his injured pectoral muscle makes him ineligible to be bought out. Contrary to speculation, forwardTodd Bertuzziwill not be bought out in his place. The team may save the second buyout for the 2014 offseason."

Khan reported that weeks ago as one possible scenario, and admitted that it was simply conjecture.

If Sammy does do that, he'll be the scorn of the Wings. I'd throw eggs at him as soon as he stepped on the ice.

Edited by evilmrt

Khan reported that weeks ago as one possible scenario, and admitted that it was simply conjecture. If Sammy does do that, he'll be the scorn of the Wings. I'd throw eggs at him as soon as he stepped on the ice.

It's a ***** move, for sure. If true? f*** him. He doesn't deserve to wear the wheel.

Khan reported that weeks ago as one possible scenario, and admitted that it was simply conjecture. If Sammy does do that, he'll be the scorn of the Wings. I'd throw eggs at him as soon as he stepped on the ice.

Hence what i posted in one of the many threads that if he doesn't accept the buyout, waive him and when he cleary waivers....straight to Toledo for old Sammy. He can take his sensitive nipples with him.

It's a ***** move, for sure. If true? f*** him. He doesn't deserve to wear the wheel.

Exactly. Yzerman won the Conn Smythe on one leg and then had his knee cap cut in half and restructured and played the next season, and Sammy's sore pectoral muscle is keeping him not only off the ice, but out of the running for a buyout? Bushleague.

http://ladystanley.tripod.com/ladystanleys192/id9.html

If Steve Yzerman is done. Its because he cant walk, otherwise he will be back out there. There is no way the guy is voluntarily going to say, Im not gonna do it, Ive had enough. Its not in him. The ice is gonna have to shake him off- Mitch Albom

******* Samuelsson.