1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Not bad, but I'd make a couple changes:

Tatar-Tinky-Jurco (DON'T TOUCH EVER!)
Nyquist-Helm-Alfie (speed-speed-smart)
Eaves-Glendening-Abs (sandpaper line)
Cleary-Andy-Miller (keep the ineffictiveness to 1 line)

I agree with you on Cleary on the fourth, but w the push by the kids, we gotta see what we can get out of Andy...
So sticking him with fourth line duties, and tying the anchor of Cleary on his leg is counter productive.
Gotta give him a legitimate shot at keeping his spot.

But as the game goes on, if its not effective then I agree, Cleary and Andy should be relegated to less than 8 mins..
HA!

My biggest concern right now is Jurco has had some questionable defensive series, and going against the top line with only sheahan as a true 200 foot player makes me a bit nervous, yet excited because weve all seen how amazingly this line has stepped up. And lets face it.
The chemistry on this line is the best we've seen from a 3 man unit in quite some time.
I slightly expect helms line to be slated in against the Giroux line, but id like to see what the kids could do against em.

Tatars defensive game isnt perfect, but hes improved drastically over the course of the season.
Jurco just makes rookie mistakes, but he's learning so fast and he makes up for his gaffes almost immediately.
And I literally cant say enough good things about sheahan.
If we could've had him in last year playing like this, wed have got past chicago, hes what this team has needed for awhile.
200ft game, solid positionally with Grit, speed, size, strength, good faceoff guy, responsible, and he does have a damn good shot and has shown a pretty underrated set of hands.

Jurco's still my favorite kid of the future, but he could be sent down when people come back and I'd understand why.

But if Sheahan goes down ill be baffled.
Edit: somehow it posted twice, so I had to fix that.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 28 January 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#42 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

This is probably the only time I'll get to see the guys live this year, and Z, Dats, and Mule are all out.  Please, youngsters, give me a win.  Only thing I hate more than having to put up with the Philly fanbase is walking out of the Wells Fargo center after a loss. :shout:

#43 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

No Datsyuk, no Zetterberg, no Franzen, maybe no Howard. I feel like someone needs to be fired.

Can't, both Babs and Holland are on LTIR. They aggravated their golfing elbows in preparation for spring.

#44 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

No Dats, Zeterberg or Franzen. Just wow.

I'll be watching this one probably from the 2nd period and on. I hope the youngsters can keep it close and pick up a huge 2 points!

#45 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

if it wasnt for alfie this would be an ahl lineup

#46 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Interesting offensive lineup to say the least, too bad Franzen is now out. Center is looking rough, not sure how I feel about Andersson on that top line. Ouch.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#47 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

For some reason the lack of mule, and andy being on first line makes me incredibly nervous for tonight.

#48 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

For some reason the lack of mule, and andy being on first line makes me incredibly nervous for tonight.

I'm sure they can suspend players if they go against the nhl, it's probably written in their cba

#49 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

I won't be able to catch the game tonight, but while you guys are watching can someone figure out a way for the Wings to acquire Wayne Simmonds?

He's been one of my favorite players since he was no the Kings.  And one of the skinniest power forwards you'll ever see. 

#50 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

wings take this one ina close but scoring frenzy type game 6-5 my prediction

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#51 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,562 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

This is probably the only time I'll get to see the guys live this year, and Z, Dats, and Mule are all out.  Please, youngsters, give me a win.  Only thing I hate more than having to put up with the Philly fanbase is walking out of the Wells Fargo center after a loss. :shout:

Don't forget to wear your bullet proof underwear.

I won't be able to catch the game tonight, but while you guys are watching can someone figure out a way for the Wings to acquire Wayne Simmonds?

He's been one of my favorite players since he was no the Kings.  And one of the skinniest power forwards you'll ever see. 

:lol:

Can 'skinny', and 'power forward' be used in the same sentence when describing a hockey player?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#52 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

I would like one of the Schenn brothers, Luke has great size and is a steady stay at home defenseman while Brayden would fix the search for a young center.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#53 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Can't, both Babs and Holland are on LTIR. They aggravated their golfing elbows in preparation for spring.

So much win lol

#54 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,562 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I would like one of the Schenn brothers, Luke has great size and is a steady stay at home defenseman while Brayden would fix the search for a young center.

I like them both as well; seems to be a lot of raw talent there that's in need of good coaching/mentoring.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#55 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

Such a huge stretch of games coming up. I think the Wings will win tonight 4-2. Kronner, Tatar, Miller, Alfie.

#56 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

What's the story with Bert?
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#57 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'll say 3-2 Wings. Andersson Sheahan and Smith for us

Giroux times 2 for them.

Go Wings
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#58 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

What's the story with Bert?

He sucks, so he's scratched. This is actually a common occurance in pro sports, but I understand if as a Wings fan you're not used to it.

#59 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

He sucks, so he's scratched. This is actually a common occurance in pro sports, but I understand if as a Wings fan you're not used to it.

Sorry to bother but I don't think that thats the main reason... bert is not the only one who sucks
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#60 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Let's go Wings!!!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture