• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Lines Thread

Rate this topic

exactly, IMO, Mantha is a non discussion. I think that most of the kids are as well. Screw it. Build from within. If you must trade something, trade a pick for a rental. Within the next two years, players than will not be re-signed and they should be gone IMO (not bashing them, but it's just time for the youth) are:

Cleary, Miller, Andersson, Quincey, Kindl, Lashoff and Gustavsson...if they cannot be traded before, then let their contract expire and bid adieu. We have far too much talent in GR to keep behind the curtain anymore.

Other lines: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen, Tatar-Sheahan-Helm, Miller-Glendening-Andersson.

0 replies2 retweets2 favorites
Retweet2
Favorite2
More

Jurco skating on line with Datsyuk and Abdelkader.

0 replies6 retweets5 favorites
Retweet6
Favorite5
More

All skaters on the ice today for Wings including Datsyuk, who hopes to return Friday.

0 replies5 retweets9 favorites
Retweet5
Favorite9
More

Cleary. Weiss, Nestrasil skating in gray jerseys usually worn by players who'll be scratched. Could mean that Jurco is back in lineup.

Jurco on the top line could be interesting... I'm not sure he's earned it but whatever...

ansar-khan_normal.pngAnsar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 8m8 minutes ago

Other lines: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen, Tatar-Sheahan-Helm, Miller-Glendening-Andersson.0 replies2 retweets2 favorites

Retweet2

Favorite2

More

ansar-khan_normal.pngAnsar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 9m9 minutes ago

Jurco skating on line with Datsyuk and Abdelkader.0 replies6 retweets5 favorites

Retweet6

Favorite5

More

ansar-khan_normal.pngAnsar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 33m33 minutes ago

All skaters on the ice today for Wings including Datsyuk, who hopes to return Friday.0 replies5 retweets9 favorites

Retweet5

Favorite9

More

ansar-khan_normal.pngAnsar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 42m42 minutes ago

Cleary. Weiss, Nestrasil skating in gray jerseys usually worn by players who'll be scratched. Could mean that Jurco is back in lineup.

Jurco on the top line could be interesting... I'm not sure he's earned it but whatever...

Definitely hasn't earned it, but if anyone can get him going, it datsyuk.

Weiss isn't a healthy scratch, he is still on injured reserve. I'm sure he is getting beyond frustrated, but it's his lack of being able to stay healthy that he is frustrated with, nothing to do with not getting a shot. He should be ready to go soon enough. I expect him to be cleared to play over the next few days, then he will get sent down to Grand Rapids and play a game or two to continue his conditioning stint down there. Hopefully he will be in the lineup in a week from now...

Edited by krsmith17

I'd rather see him flip flop Abby with Tatar... and replace Andersson with Cleary...

Actually I could get on board with that. Except that neither Jurco nor Tatar are great defensively, and I think Babs likes Abby for his shutdown abilities. That said, I also don't think Jurco or Tatar are as bad defensively as they're often made out to be. And their offense w/Dats would surely justify Abby's demotion.

p.s. I hate Andersson and wish him the best, as long as he goes away. Give me Mitch Callahan or give me death!

I've wanted that line together since the beginning of the season. I think Jurco is actually pretty good defensively, he already has great chemistry with Tatar, and Datsyuk is the guy that could get his production jump started.

Agree completely on Andersson, I was never on board with him, even when he was producing a little. He is a decent penalty killer but I don't think he would be missed all that much with Glendening, Miller, Abdelkader, Helm, Cleary, etc. He is a turnover machine, and is really struggling to make plays. I don't get why he is still on the roster. I want to see Cleary in the lineup mostly because I'm a huge Cleary fan, but also because he has looked great so far this season. If not Cleary, I would love to see Callahan called up again to see what he can do. I still believe he is going to be a great 4th liner for us as soon as he gets his shot. He is a great penalty killer down in the minors so I think he can definitely translate that to the pros.

Guest DeGraa55

I've wanted that line together since the beginning of the season. I think Jurco is actually pretty good defensively, he already has great chemistry with Tatar, and Datsyuk is the guy that could get his production jump started.

Agree completely on Andersson, I was never on board with him, even when he was producing a little. He is a decent penalty killer but I don't think he would be missed all that much with Glendening, Miller, Abdelkader, Helm, Cleary, etc. He is a turnover machine, and is really struggling to make plays. I don't get why he is still on the roster. I want to see Cleary in the lineup mostly because I'm a huge Cleary fan, but also because he has looked great so far this season. If not Cleary, I would love to see Callahan called up again to see what he can do. I still believe he is going to be a great 4th liner for us as soon as he gets his shot. He is a great penalty killer down in the minors so I think he can definitely translate that to the pros.

I'm somewhat an Anderson fan and I wouldn't mind seeing him go either lol. Not that he isn't good cause he is fine as the fourth line but we have like ten guys for the fourth line.

One way or another this team needs to find a level of consistency. There are so many ifs when making up lines you never know what you're going to get out of our players once the puck drops. I say we stabilize the top line and keep them together. At least we'll know we will have one dangerous line night in night out (hopefully)

The rest, go with the hot hand. Right now Abby, Shehan and Tatar are playing great and can produce as a 2nd line. I'm sure that will change. 3rd line and Nyquist need a major spark. 4th line has had a bad few games maybe sit Andersson to get a spark out of them. Defense is always going to be a mess when Kronwall and Ericsson are playing like trash plus having Smith out. Just hope for the best with them

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Abdelkader-Sheahan-Tatar

Nyquist-Helm-Jurco

Cleary-Glendening-Miller

One way or another this team needs to find a level of consistency. There are so many ifs when making up lines you never know what you're going to get out of our players once the puck drops. I say we stabilize the top line and keep them together. At least we'll know we will have one dangerous line night in night out (hopefully)

The rest, go with the hot hand. Right now Abby, Shehan and Tatar are playing great and can produce as a 2nd line. I'm sure that will change. 3rd line and Nyquist need a major spark. 4th line has had a bad few games maybe sit Andersson to get a spark out of them. Defense is always going to be a mess when Kronwall and Ericsson are playing like trash plus having Smith out. Just hope for the best with them

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Abdelkader-Sheahan-Tatar

Nyquist-Helm-Jurco

Cleary-Glendening-Miller

I really think weiss needs to get back in. I'd go

Z-pav-jurco

Mule-weiss-nyquist

Abdelkader-sheahan-tatar

Miller-helm-glenny

Don't know if it's a good idea to throw Weiss immediately against Top 6 competition. He will need some time, probably at least the rest of the season, to adjust. I also would change Abby and Jurco. The former is playing great right now while the latter isn't consistent enough to be Top 6 material yet.

Giving also Dats is back I'd roll with :

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Sheahan - Weiss - Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Helm

Edited by derblaueClaus

Don't know if it's a good idea to throw Weiss immediately against Top 6 competition. He will need some time, probably at least the rest of the season, to adjust. I also would change Abby and Jurco. The former is playing great right now while the latter isn't consistent enough to be Top 6 material yet.

Giving also Dats is back I'd roll with :

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Sheahan - Weiss - Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Helm

Has Sheahan ever played wing?

I think I would go with something like this and ease Weiss back into the top 6.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Nyquist-Sheahan-Franzen

Tatar-Weiss-Jurco

Miller-Helm-Glendening

With the way Pulkkinnen has been playing down in GR I would like to call him up and go with this...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan-Franzen

Pulks-Weiss-Jurco

Abby-Helm-Glendening

That could give us three legit scoring lines and a boost on the PP.

I'm putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread. But did anybody else see Jim Nill absolutely fleece Doug Wilson on that Brendan Dillon for Jason Demers trade? Apparently if you've got a half assed hockey player, but he's bigger than 6'3 and 220 lbs. you should call the Sharks. Think they'd take Kindl lol?