Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

3/20 GDT - Penguins 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#461 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Yeah you can pretty much blame a handful of stupid penalties for this one.  Nothing Howard could do.  The Tatar and Ferraro penalties were brutal.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#462 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

Get plugs like Ferraro and Glendening off the ice. Double shift Nyquist and Alfie. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#463 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

I'm not mad at the guys on the ice, I'm made at the guys that are STILL hurt and not playing. 

#464 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

The sad thing is that no one will lose their jobs or spot on the team over this season.  

Holland will be back, Babcock will be back, and every failure of this season will be entirely racked up to injuries.  Problem is, we'll probably have all these injuries again next year, because there's obviously an organizational problem when you're this hurt every year.  Whether it's a lineup of wusses, or the strength and conditioning is poor, etc. something needs to change.  I doubt it will because Holland and Babcock have immunity.  Anyone in a position of power who has immunity is a dangerous thing.  People work better when there's something from outside lighting a fire under their asses.  This franchise doesn't have that with Ilitch being an old, dying man who doesn't care about the Wings anymore.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#465 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Get plugs like Ferraro and Glendening off the ice. Double shift Nyquist and Alfie. 

Glendening has been fantastic and a big reason the Pens have taken some dumb penalties. 

#466 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

f***..1 goal in our net and all players go down:(

#467 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

He did make a big timely save when it was 2-2. Is it his fault he was screened on a Malkin blast on a 5 on 3?

Not only then, he also had some in the first when it was still 0:0 and the Pens were pressing. If we loose this game it's for sure not because of Howard.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#468 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

The sad thing is that no one will lose their jobs or spot on the team over this season.  

Holland will be back, Babcock will be back, and every failure of this season will be entirely racked up to injuries.  Problem is, we'll probably have all these injuries again next year, because there's obviously an organizational problem when you're this hurt every year.  Whether it's a lineup of wusses, or the strength and conditioning is poor, etc. something needs to change.  I doubt it will because Holland and Babcock have immunity.  Anyone in a position of power who has immunity is a dangerous thing.  People work better when there's something from outside lighting a fire under their asses.  This franchise doesn't have that with Ilitch being an old, dying man who doesn't care about the Wings anymore.  

Are you saying you don't want Kyle Quincey back for three more seasons?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#469 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Glendening does everything right but score.  He is so snake bitten, but he does all the little things that earned him a spot on this team and he has great discipline and draws penalties.  Ferraro, I saw play with GR and don't really think he's NHL material.  And I don't even think he's that fast.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#470 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Don't even joke like that.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#471 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

id be very shocked if he was let go

#472 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

I'm telling myself hockey is only a game. That's how I'm gonna try to cope with this dumpster fire of a game, team, and season.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#473 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Yeah, he's clearly getting a 7 year deal full NTC + NMC plus shares in Little Ceasars.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#474 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Don't worry everyone, Franzen's about to go off in the third.  Calling it.  Season changing period right here, and Franzen's going to be the catalyst. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#475 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

We all know he's coming back.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#476 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Ok - a bit off topic here...

The last sentence got me thinking (a rare occurrence indeed); I noticed Mr. Ilitch was not at Nick's retirement...Something going on with his health?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#477 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

I would fire Holland just for that one trade.  Kyle Quincey for a 1st rounder looked back even when it was made.  This isn't hindsight being 20/20 mind you, it was a bad trade from the very beginning.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#478 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

Glendening has been fantastic and a big reason the Pens have taken some dumb penalties. 

This...

I like players who are abrasive, and can get their opponents off their game.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#479 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Don't worry everyone, Franzen's about to go off in the third.  Calling it.  Season changing period right here, and Franzen's going to be the catalyst. 

While Nyquist plants an apple tree.

#480 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

We all know he's coming back.

Unfortunately we do.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen