• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/4 GDT - Sabres 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Didn't Foligno go down for them yesterday? Thought I saw that. Not that it'll make a lot of difference but it could be one less big body to have to play against. Let's all hope Scott doesn't kill someone this game.

Yep, you're right, Foligno is almost certainly out. My bad.

I do worry about Scott. I also worry about their no-name goalies + any player that hasn't scored a goal at the NHL level.

The really good news is that Jimmy absolutely owns this team.

Edited by Dabura

looks like a classic letdown game...

does it? really? this is what a classic let down game is in the websters dictionary? can we get a reference please

Normally I'd say I'm nervous about this one, but after Boston on Weds, I'm certain it's gonna be 2 points in regulation. Not only are we head and shoulders better then Buffalo, but we're 100% more desperate. TOR and CBS won last night, so it's an important game tonight.

Is this right? Leino has ZERO goals in 54 games this season?!? Only 10 in 134 games since Buffalo signed him?!? I know the guy is talented. He showed glimpses here and played well in Philidelphia. I guess some people play better when less is expected from them. Let's hope he does not break out of his goal-scoring slump tonight ... unless it's when Detroit has a big lead, then I won't mind so much. I feel for the guy.

does it? really? this is what a classic let down game is in the websters dictionary? can we get a reference please

Just looked it up see number 6 specifically

let·down

[let-doun] Show IPA
noun
1. a decrease in volume, force, energy, etc.: a letdown in sales; a general letdown of social barriers.
2. disillusionment, discouragement, or disappointment: The job was a letdown.
3. depression; deflation: He felt a terrible letdown at the end of the play.
4. the accelerated movement of milk into the mammary glands of lactating mammals upon stimulation, as by massage or suckling.
5. Aeronautics . the descent of an aircraft from a higher to a lower altitude preparatory to making an approach and landing or to making a target run or the like.
6. game a game where the players from Detroit decide that they will win games on talent alone and not a combination of hustle and talent. Then decide to play with 10 minutes left in game down 2 goals. Usually occurs after a heroic game/moment but has been seen based on opponents after a west coast road trip.
Edited by AtlantaHotWings

As I said in the playoff race thread, our win vs Boston is only huge if we win tonight. I really feel we are over those let down games this time of year and I think we will win by at least 2 goals but I'll take 2 points in any form.

Go Wings!

As I said in the playoff race thread, our win vs Boston is only huge if we win tonight. I really feel we are over those let down games this time of year and I think we will win by at least 2 goals but I'll take 2 points in any form.

Go Wings!

This is a really good point. there would have been no difference if we lost to Boston, and won tonight.

We just need to win all we can from here on out.

LGRW!!

If Alfie plays I want to see:

Nyquist- Legwand- Franzen

Jurco- Sheahan- Tatar

Datsyuk- Helm- Alfie

Abby- Glendening- Miller

OR if the top line is lacking switch Franzen and Pav. Either way, we have 3 lines that can consistently score for the first time in quite a while.