Photo
- - - - -

Will Mantha join GR after the QMJHL playoffs?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

Ovi scores what 45-50 goals a year? Franzen 25.

Ovi also hits and fights(not as much any more as his teammates usually do it for him). And Franzen ummm doesn't.

So right there much better.

They both have there moments of floating but watching nearly as many caps games as wing games in terms of excitement ovi is ten times more exciting and is a legitimate threat every time whereas Franzen just isn't.

Lol u took the post too seriously... But hey, who'd u rather ***** about Grass? A 4 mil Franzen or a 10 mil Ovi? Hilarity ensues

#62 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

I'd pay Ovechkin $30M a year just to bomb it from his sweet spot on our power play.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#63 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

I'd pay Ovechkin $30M a year just to bomb it from his sweet spot on our power play.

And I'd pay Datsyuk $10M a year to actually play hockey

#64 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

And I'd pay Datsyuk $10M a year to actually play hockey

Because I said I'd take Ovechkin over Datsyuk and don't care about actually playing hockey.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#65 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

his arrival has been delayed again.

Val D'or won 5-3 today to force a game 7 in the QMJHL finals

#66 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

his arrival has been delayed again.

Val D'or won 5-3 today to force a game 7 in the QMJHL finals

Are the Griffs going to make it past Texas though? Man, they are having some real trouble.

#67 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Looks like he got in a fight tonight too

#68 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

Apparently it wasn't much of a fight. He got jumped and didn't even drop his gloves.

It seems BC resorts to goonery when they are losing.

#69 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hope he can make some magic in Game 7, it'd be great to have 2 wings prospects in the Memorial cup.

#NOMOREKINDL

#70 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Are the Griffs going to make it past Texas though? Man, they are having some real trouble.

If they get Mantha they will ;)

Edited by amato, 11 May 2014 - 09:35 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#71 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Really? 4 pages on this for a guy that can't play for GR in the PO's this year. He wasn't on the team which is required.

#72 haulinbass

haulinbass

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

Really? 4 pages on this for a guy that can't play for GR in the PO's this year. He wasn't on the team which is required.

Umm yeah he can. Unless Babcock or Holland have no idea what they are talking about. Just last week they said he will be if Grand Rapids is still playing

#73 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

Umm yeah he can. Unless Babcock or Holland have no idea what they are talking about. Just last week they said he will be if Grand Rapids is still playing

Yes he will go there. He will be assigned to GR. But he can not play in a PO game. he was not on GR's roster during the regular season, which is required by AHL rules. he can practice all he wants, be a black ace if you will. But he can not play. which Bob kaser the Griffins play by play guy talks about all the time.

Edited by Richdg, 12 May 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#74 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Yes he will go there. He will be assigned to GR. But he can not play in a PO game. he was not on GR's roster during the regular season, which is required by AHL rules. he can practice all he wants, be a black ace if you will. But he can not play. which Bob kaser the Griffins play by play guy talks about all the time.

According to the agreement between the CHL and the NHL/AHL all drafted CHL players are eligible to play for their respective AHL teams once their CHL season is over. 

There is no rule I can find anywhere in the agreement, or in the AHL's rules about players having to play a regular season game to be playoff eligible. I could be wrong, and ultimately the point is probably moot as Mantha's season will likely last longer than the Griffins, but I believe he is eligible to play should they lose game 7.

#75 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

I believe the old roster rule has been abolished, and this is why Mantha playing for GR is a possibility.

#76 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

not a ;awyer-to damn many of those, just going by what Kaser has said many times. This is why last years guys where sent down during the year, never played for GR and where able to play in the PO's. Now if I am wrong, GREAT! would love to see him play. But don't think he can. Moving on......

#77 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

The rule that you're talking about is for NHL players joining the AHL. In their case they have to be on the AHL roster on the day of the NHL trade deadline.

You'll see a bunch of teams making paper transactions at the deadline to make age and contract eligible players available for the AHL teams should the parent NHL franchise be eliminated.

There is no such rule (from what I can find) that applies to major junior players joining the AHL when their CHL season is over. Based on the transfer agreement they seem to be perfectly eligible to play.

#78 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

The rule that you're talking about is for NHL players joining the AHL. In their case they have to be on the AHL roster on the day of the NHL trade deadline.

You'll see a bunch of teams making paper transactions at the deadline to make age and contract eligible players available for the AHL teams should the parent NHL franchise be eliminated.

There is no such rule (from what I can find) that applies to major junior players joining the AHL when their CHL season is over. Based on the transfer agreement they seem to be perfectly eligible to play.

This is exactly the truth. People keep ignoring the various posts explaining this exact thing and saying he can't play cause he wasn't in the ahl. It's not true though.

Edited by Euro_Twins, 12 May 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#79 Vladinator16

Vladinator16

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

Didn't DeKeyser when he was signed go straight to the Wings without playing in Grand Rapids and then play in the Griffins Playoffs once the Wings were eliminated? How would it be any different for Mantha going from the Q to the Griffins if DeKe did the same thing just from the NHL to the Griffins or is it two separate sets of rules and conditions for Q to AHL and NHL to AHL? Neither were a part of the Griffins regular season nor were on the roster for the Griffins (unless I'm missing something very obvious). 

#80 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

Didn't DeKeyser when he was signed go straight to the Wings without playing in Grand Rapids and then play in the Griffins Playoffs once the Wings were eliminated? How would it be any different for Mantha going from the Q to the Griffins if DeKe did the same thing just from the NHL to the Griffins or is it two separate sets of rules and conditions for Q to AHL and NHL to AHL? Neither were a part of the Griffins regular season nor were on the roster for the Griffins (unless I'm missing something very obvious). 

The week before the NHL playoffs started last year Andersson, Nyquist, Dekeyser and Lashoff were sent down to GR in a paper transaction allowing them to be used to the AHL playoffs after the wings elimination. My understanding is that Mantha doesn't fall in to this category as he has played in the CHL and will be able to join the Griffins after game 7 with Val D'or