• Please log in to reply
1816 replies to this topic

#921 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Let's start a different thread about what all time great Red Wing demanded a trade on Hollands watch because of clashing with him and his ways. Don't need to further muck up this thread with it.

Better idea: just don't make the post or a thread to suggest something so absurd and almost certainly wrong. The topic was beat to death months ago, and again, it's pretty cut and dry what went down. To try to flagrantly spin another point out of it just to criticize or question Yzerman's ability is bound to not go over well anywhere on these forums.

-Elliot

#922 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

I think he's done in the NHL.

Just hopefully not done with that sweet sweet 'stasche!!

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#923 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Not really upset yet. Right handed defenseman is what this team needs. We have a couple options in GR. If its not the right fit than its not the right fit
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#924 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

Trading for Myer should never have a Nyquist or Mantha as return, especially given his salary, his underachieving, and Buffalo's need to rebuild hard. This happening would be absolute insanity.

#925 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

Deryk Engelland to CGY. 3 year deal worth $2.9M.

That's per year...wow.

Adam Proteau @Proteautype 34s

Deryk Engelland signs three-year, $8.7-million contract with Flames. I feel like he should be getting it on a comically oversized check.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#926 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Tatar just score 19 goals as a rookie, and Jurco is a big, skilled, winger the likes of which we've dreamed of in Detroit for years.  And you would be willing to move them for a big goober who had a good year and hasn't done s*** since?  Barrett Jackman won a Calder too.  I wouldn't trade Tatar or Jurco for him, then or now. 

The only reason people consider it with Myers is because he's big, which might as well be a magic spell in the hockey world.  If Myers had all the same stats and accolades, speed and shot, and was 6'1 205, you'd never...ever...trade Tatar or Jurco for him. 

I'm agreeing with you simply because you called someone a goober. Made my day.
Anyway I'll remain in denial about Niskanen until he officially signs elsewhere.

#927 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Deryk Engelland signs three-year, $8.7-million contract with Flames. I feel like he should be getting it on a comically oversized check.

The Sportsnet analysts were speechless.

#928 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Kinda convenient. "Well, we can't make a trade. The prices are so high right now. I GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO RE-SIGN CLEARY."

Do nothing, make excuses, rationalize, sit on your hands. The Ken Holland way.

Oh I agree entirely. If Holland wanted to trade for a d-man, it should have happened at or before the draft. Now the Wings struck out on all their free agent targets, will have to give up serious assets to acquire anything or just do nothing and say "we kicked tires and failed miserably again."

At this point, the Wings should just stand pat and play the kids. All of them. Mantha, Sproul, Ouellet, Pulkkinen. Leftover free agents from the scrap heap aren't worth the money for a team that needs impact. 

Edited by GoWings1905, 01 July 2014 - 02:28 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#929 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Insanity that much for that guy.

#930 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Not really upset yet. Right handed defenseman is what this team needs. We have a couple options in GR. If its not the right fit than its not the right fit

Ahhh... I see what you did there. 

#931 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Brian Burke:  TRUCULENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#932 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Brian Boyle is out there. Willie Mitchell is still hanging around. Not a bad idea to bring a proven vet to help on D

#933 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

I'm agreeing with you simply because you called someone a goober. Made my day.
Anyway I'll remain in denial about Niskanen until he officially signs elsewhere.

Seriously, what other team is out there who can afford him that hasn't been making moves all day?  I don't want to let myself think he could still sign here, but I honestly can't think of who else wants him, can afford him, and hasn't already signed someone else.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#934 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

I'm not upset since Boyle and Ehrhoff decided to go elsewhere despite the Wings' offer, and the other options weren't that attractive. I will be upset if the Wings make a bad panic signing.

If needed, I do think the D in GR can step up like the forwards did last year.

Brian Boyle is out there. Willie Mitchell is still hanging around. Not a bad idea to bring a proven vet to help on D

I like Brian Boyle, but there's no room for him on the Wings.

#935 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Oh, and by the way.  f*** Neil Sheehy.  His waiting game tactics would piss me off REAL quick if I were an NHL GM. 

#936 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

Tatar just score 19 goals as a rookie, and Jurco is a big, skilled, winger the likes of which we've dreamed of in Detroit for years.  And you would be willing to move them for a big goober who had a good year and hasn't done s*** since?  Barrett Jackman won a Calder too.  I wouldn't trade Tatar or Jurco for him, then or now. 

The only reason people consider it with Myers is because he's big, which might as well be a magic spell in the hockey world.  If Myers had all the same stats and accolades, speed and shot, and was 6'1 205, you'd never...ever...trade Tatar or Jurco for him. 

We need help on the back end. Myers has tremendous potential, which he's not going to come anywhere close to realizing on a s*** Sabres team. If we lose one of Tatar/Jurco, we still have Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Mantha, and one of Tatar/Jurco. And Datsyuk and Zetterberg. We could do a lot worse.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#937 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

Engellands contract just put Q's value over $4.5m and out of our reach  :thumbup:

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#938 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Seriously, what other team is out there who can afford him that hasn't been making moves all day?  I don't want to let myself think he could still sign here, but I honestly can't think of who else wants him, can afford him, and hasn't already signed someone else.

Speculation I've seen is pointing to Washington, but they'll need to clear somebody out before the start of the season (my bet=Mike Green) to make it work.

#939 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

We need help on the back end. Myers has tremendous potential, which he's not going to come anywhere close to realizing on a s*** Sabres team. If we lose one of Tatar/Jurco, we still have Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Mantha, and one of Tatar/Jurco. And Datsyuk and Zetterberg. We could do a lot worse.

We could do a lot worse.  We could trade Tatar for potential and have Myers turn out to be a taller version of Brendan Smith.  Forever a bonehead. 

If I'm going to take a gamble on talent, I'll bet on Sproul.  He doesn't cost me anything to acquire. 

#940 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

According to bleacher report Washington or Minnesota for niskanen.
mccarty3