• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nyquistfan14

Weiss sent down to GR- conditioning assignment

Rate this topic

Is this because Franzen is back? Will be nice for him to actually play real games and get more minutes

Doesn't sound like that's the case.

Ansar Khan retweeted

Johan Franzen still feeling tightness in his groin. Not optimistic about return by this weekend.

Ansar Khan retweeted

Franzen left the ice when they started full drills

He can stay down for a maximum of 14 days.

Thanks, I was wondering what the rules were on this.

Hopefully he can work hard with Blash in the next two weeks on learning the system and come back up with more confidence and have some stuff figured out. Hopefully playing real hockey will help him rediscover his game. If not, does anyone else get the feeling that they're trying to see what he can do in game action before deciding whether to actually waive him or not?

How can Franzen wake up one day with a sore groin and automatically assume it will take a month to get better. That's a day to day injury for everybody else on this team

I pulled my groin playing soccer this summer, took me 3+ weeks to be pain free.

I pulled my groin playing soccer this summer, took me 3+ weeks to be pain free.

He felt fine enough to practice. He left early, fine. But there's no reason that a little tightness won't feel better in few days. Atleast don't rule it out almost a week before. A little tightness is a day to day injury

Great news. Weiss clearly still wasn't 100%. Maybe he's finally getting there now. Hopefully he an get in some good games down in Grand Rapids to get himself ready for the rest of the season with the Wings. I still think he will be a decent second line center for us by Christmas time.

I just don't look forward to after his first game with the Griffins, people check the stat sheet, hoping he did bad of course, so they can come back here to say HAH Weiss had zero points and was a -1. He sucks. Trade him for a bag of pucks. Oh yeah, and I told you so...

good for Weiss to get some playing time. He will either get better to stay with us or get better and submit his list of teams...

dudes, really? Are you actually surprised that Franzen is in the condition he is in? He is done. Even if he comes back and plays, he won't be 100% and he will get injured again. Nobody wants to see him for what he is...washed up.

Might as well, he's sitting around doing nothing anyway. Kinda sounds like the Wings are trying to break him down and start from scratch with Weiss as a player, by molding him into something the Wings brass wants him to be.

This. The only thing i can think of. Thats what the wings seem to do. Like jon ericsson getting drafted as a forward, or fedorov playing defense, or even someone like robert lang who went from top scorer in the league, came here and was put in a plymaker role. Was it maltby or mccarty who scored 50 goals in juniors came up to the wings and was used as a grinder.

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames

From what I gather, perception within #RedWings is Stephen Weiss hasn't shown enough practice battle-level to earn spot in regular rotation.

Hm. That doesn't sound good.If it's true question is if he just can't battle hard enough or doesn't want to.

Hm. That doesn't sound good.If it's true question is if he just can't battle hard enough or doesn't want to.

That definitely doesn't sound good.

It's hard to put a lot of stock in what St. James says but if true then this sounds more like a deliberate punishment than a conditioning stint to get back into the lineup.