• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

So, Evander Kane...

Rate this topic

Guy is a total POS whichever team is trading for him makes a huge mistake.

He's immature, has an overinflated ego, and handled the situation poorly. I hardly think that puts him in the POS echelon...

If that's the criteria, then a good chunk of the players in the NHL are absolute pieces of s***.

I see it differently most nhl players are classy guys. Kane has more than enough proven that he is a POS.

Most NHL-Players are also older. I'm with BoS on this one. Kane is immature and his pictures are hilarious bulls***, but nothing more. It's not that he hurt somebody or are a disgrace for his team and the NHL as a whole (like, for example, Crosbys actions on the ice in his first years). Crosby was a POS during is early years but matured. Kane will too.

Edited by derblaueClaus

Guest Playmaker

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with frankgrimes, but...

He's not a child, he's 23. It isn't his age, it's his attitude and his personality and sense of entitlement. He had some success at an early age, and now he thinks he's above adhering to rules.

Comparing him to Sidney Crosby, are you serious? I get that he's not a fan favorite in Detroit, and he did his share of whining, but a POS? Not to mention he came into the league at 18 hailed as the next Gretzky. By all accounts, he's been a good team mate, been respectful to the media and has lived up to most of the expectations on the ice, despite a ridiculous amount of pressure. I don't see the pictures as hilarious bulls***, but those of an out of touch, clueless professional athlete. I have the feeling we will be seeing him in one of those whatever happened to specials in a few years.

I wonder if Winnipeg is looking to sell him off for $1. I seem to recall that happening before...

Anywho, I thought this thread was going to be "So, Evander Kane walks into a bar..." This was way better.

I thought the walks into a bar thing was Taylor Hall's shtick, right before he yelled "who's doing me tonight?"

I wonder if Kane can see what a d-bag he is, or if he thinks he's ok.

People still think he'd be traded even on LTIR? That would be even worse for the Jets. If a team is acquiring Kane for next season and won't get any benefit this year, they're going to offer even less than they already were. Kane for a conditional 5th round pick? That's what they're looking at in that situation I'd think.

They might as well tell him to stay away from the rink to reduce friction with his teammates and wait for him to heal up in the summer to trade him for at least a roster player.

His value isn't going to increase much over the summer unless he stops being dumb. The only way they're going to get much of anything for him is if he shows up to Jets camp next fall, says all the right things, and works his ass off. I don't think he'll do that. The biggest benefit from trading him now is they won't have to have that distraction hanging around and they'll save money.

His value isn't going to increase much over the summer unless he stops being dumb. The only way they're going to get much of anything for him is if he shows up to Jets camp next fall, says all the right things, and works his ass off. I don't think he'll do that. The biggest benefit from trading him now is they won't have to have that distraction hanging around and they'll save money.

If they can't t rade him I think Winnipeg is going to put the guy on waivers and deservingly so. A locker room doesn't need to be a 22 men brotherhood but at least respect the organizational rules jesus christ. Noodles talked about on TSN , teams also need at the background of a player before drafting him Kane is a perfect example of how not doing so can really backfire.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see him in a what could have been special down the line.

Guest Playmaker

I can't stand how he's played the race card. Funny fans have or had no problem with Jarome Iginla or Grant Fuhr or Wayne Simmonds, Joel Ward or Seth Jones or any of the others in the NHL. When you act like an ass, people hate you, regardless of race.

I can't stand how he's played the race card. Funny fans have or had no problem with Jarome Iginla or Grant Fuhr or Wayne Simmonds, Joel Ward or Seth Jones or any of the others in the NHL. When you act like an ass, people hate you, regardless of race.

Easy way to try and play the victim. "Sure, I did a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have, but I'm BLACK so I get treated worse." Good way to try and put the other side on the defense too.

Winnipeg is going to get bad end of the deal in any trade, but that is to be expected. The Galchenyk for Kane trade rumor would be the best thing for Winnipeg if it happened. I would say it could be much worse. Its like trading Sheehan for Kane. I wouldn't want that cancer in my locker room. No freaking way.

Just got spanked by grandpa Cherry on Coach's Corner.

Cherry is just great, sadly Rogers destroyed HNIC.

Also lol at the notion of Kane in Montreal would Bergervin really want that kind of distraction? Winnipeg has no leverage here every interested GM will point out the situation and maybe offer a solid prospect.

Edited by frankgrimes

The land of misfit toys used to be Florida or the Islanders, but they've both turned things around and I don't see either of them taking a chance on him.

I could see the Devils or Buffalo as a possible destinations. They both really have little to lose and need offence for the future. I would throw Arizona in there, but with Ribeiro, they showed that they have no patience for behaviour problems.

He could be a decent fit in Buffalo. Like you said, there's little for them to lose. They have a high shot at getting McDavid or Eichel. The only thing is they'd want some veterans to keep Kane from being a bad influence on whoever they draft. Makes some level of sense if they're feeling adventurous. If he turns it around and commits to being a professional, they could, in one summer, speed up their turnaround which previously would have relied almost entirely on this upcoming draft.

If he continues to be a punk, oh well, Buffalo was already a bit of a joke, and they unload him or bury him.