• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TripleS

Abdelkader to return for Game 3

Rate this topic

I've had no problem with Ferraro. That whole 4th line has been very physical, defensively responsible and good all round.

I'd probably scratch Weiss at this point. Really just isn't bringing anything to the table. I reckon a buyout could be coming if we can't trade him.

I'd be tempted to go with a 3rd line of Jurco-Sheahan-Pulkkinen, just to see what happens. I don;t see the point of going with Andersson and Weiss together. They just don't fit. We need a little more offensive depth and I wonder if this would allow us to have that, all with a defensively responsible C in Sheahan and a big body in Jurco.

I'm worried Abby won't be able to score like he use to because of his hand :( at least he can screen a goalie.

He recently just found his shot and didn't have a lot of time to use it, it's not going to be easy coming off a hand injury in the playoffs.

I'm worried Abby won't be able to score like he use to because of his hand :( at least he can screen a goalie.

He recently just found his shot and didn't have a lot of time to use it, it's not going to be easy coming off a hand injury in the playoffs.

I know he scored 20+ and that is a massive boost. But. you can guarantee he'll make more space for Gus and Z, will win those puck battles and play physical. Even if he doesn't score, that'll be enough to bring a really positive contribution.

I'd keep pav with zetty because zetty just doesn't look good enough to center his own line. Switch helm to center and have THREE good scoring lines and the solid 4th line.

Zetty-Pav-abby

Nyqyist-helm-ta tar

Weiss-shehan-jurco

4th line.

I think these lines would make the team much better. Nyquist and tatar both looked a lot better creating chances together. Shehan hasn't got it done well enough so drop him to the 3rd line to make that line better and put helm in his place.

Before his return the only live 'big body' was Jurco, and he's a marginal one at that. Jurco tries, but playing tough doesn't seem to be his playstyle. Abby will bring some grit, net front presence and screens for the snipers, regardless of 1st or 2nd line.

I'm predicting Abby - Dats - Z as the primary scoring line in game 3. Babs may change it up during the game depending on what he sees.

Zet-Pav-Abby >>> Zet-Pav-Helm. Helm is useless for the eurotwins style of play.

But Babs will probably split Pav and Z up without giving the Zet-Pav-Abby line a chance. Z's play is awful, But maybe centering his line and shutting down other team 2nd line is a better strategy so the other lines can do some of the scoring. At this point I just want Z to atleast help shutdown the other scoring top line. That's all im asking for.

Edited by kickazz

I'd keep pav with zetty because zetty just doesn't look good enough to center his own line. Switch helm to center and have THREE good scoring lines and the solid 4th line.

Zetty-Pav-abby

Nyqyist-helm-ta tar

Weiss-shehan-jurco

4th line.

I think these lines would make the team much better. Nyquist and tatar both looked a lot better creating chances together. Shehan hasn't got it done well enough so drop him to the 3rd line to make that line better and put helm in his place.

I think Datsyuk and Zetterberg should get split up to try and get things going more offensively all around. Detroit needs more than one scoring line, and the 'kid' line isn't one right now. Nyquist and Tatar on a line isn't working.

Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Jurco - Sheahan - Weiss

Miller - Glendening - Ferraro

Edit: Also, I wouldn't cry if Weiss sat... even if it is for Cleary. I honestly think Cleary could have been more effective than Weiss has been thus far. I might also be in favor of Smith coming back in as a change of pace on the back end as well...

Edited by barabbas16

Smith won't be any better than Marchenko, at least he can kill penalties and is RH, Smith will just turn the puck over try to fight Callahan and Join the rush giving Tampa 2 on 1 galores.

Tats Datsyuk Helm

Abby Z Jurco

Nyquist Sheahan Cleary

Miller Glendening Ferraro

We are playing at home now and we are more than capable of taking both victories, I'd be satisfied with a split but if Z continues to do nothing I say scratch him and elevate Sheahan as the 2nd line center Luke as the third and Andy as the fourth, let Pav wear the C for a game..(I know it won't happen) Put Zs line against Stamkos Luke against Johnson and get the Datsyuk Filp mismatch!

Smith won't be any better than Marchenko, at least he can kill penalties and is RH, Smith will just turn the puck over try to fight Callahan and Join the rush giving Tampa 2 on 1 galores.

Tats Datsyuk Helm

Abby Z Jurco

Nyquist Sheahan Cleary

Miller Glendening Ferraro

We are playing at home now and we are more than capable of taking both victories, I'd be satisfied with a split but if Z continues to do nothing I say scratch him and elevate Sheahan as the 2nd line center Luke as the third and Andy as the fourth, let Pav wear the C for a game..(I know it won't happen) Put Zs line against Stamkos Luke against Johnson and get the Datsyuk Filp mismatch!

Woah relax...

Even tho Z is playing subpar his game is still 100% better than most of our forwards. Most of us are complaining about Z and comparing him to his own personal playoff standards, not the teams standards. Z is still doing better than most of the squad is. He's actually got the same amount of giveaways in this series as Datsyuk does.. Less giveaways in the season than most of our forwards including Datsyuk.

Pav wearing the C, the refs would have a grand slam throwing us penalties when the dude theyre talking to cant effectively communicate in english to them. I understand you're unhappy with game 2 but dam gotta relax a bit there lol.

This organization would never scratch their superstars. That's why its the Detroit Red Wings.

Edited by kickazz

I was just kidding lol but Pavel wearing the C shouldn't sound so ridiculous, even if he can't speak good English he knows all the refs and he's a hard guy not to like plus we get railed with penalties regardless of who has the C lol.

I was just kidding lol but Pavel wearing the C shouldn't sound so ridiculous, even if he can't speak good English he knows all the refs and he's a hard guy not to like plus we get railed with penalties regardless of who has the C lol.

I really dont think he's talked to the refs more than like 10 times in his career lol. The guy is in his own magical world doing magical things. But i know what you mean