• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

captain2005

Goalie Battle

Rate this topic

Petr is better tho and is the future even though I love Jimmy.

Mrazek is clearly better than Jimmy. Jimmy is average and always will be. Mrazek is much more clutch than Jimmy. I'd love to see jimmy make 4 breakaway saves in one game like mrazek can do and did do. I love the new mrazek jersey that I'm sporting today.

Their number pretty similar right now, though Petr has a slight edge in Wins, SV%, and GA average.

But Petr has better athleticism, he's better going side-to-side, he's a better puck handler (though he hasn't been doing it as much lately, and Howard has improved some), and frankly he's just more mentally tough than Jimmy.

But yeah, I guess they are "pretty even"....

We should trade Jimmy Hoffa as soon as we can get a nice deal together...

edit: :lol: damn autocorrect, but it made me laugh so much I will just leave it! Even though I meant Howard....duh!

Hoffa would pull a groin on his first shift, he's been looking pretty stiff in practice. :)

Bad Start. Blown Lead. Shootout Woes.

Always Average vs Better Future.

Clutch?

Elite?

Starter. Backup. Troublesome Tandem.

Scrutinize GGA GAA. SV%. Bad Pass Goal Count.

Overpaid. Trade. NTC. Now! Later! Never!

New Contract. Future? Future???!

*head explodes*

/close thread.

FYI: GGA = good goals average... just in case you were wondering.

EDITED: for sensitivity issues.

Edited by e_prime

Bad Start. Blown Lead. Shootout Woes.

Always Average vs Better Future.

Clutch?

Elite?

Starter. Backup. Troublesome Tandem.

Scrutinize GGA GAA. SV%. Bad Pass Goal Count.

Overpaid. Trade. NTC. Now! Later! Never!

New Contract. Future? Future???!

*head explodes*

/close thread.

FYI: GGA = good goals average... just in case you were wondering.

I'll never understand why people come into topics they don't want to talk about.

Like because you don't want to discuss it, then nobody should be discuss it?

Are people's family being held hostage by a maniac who will kill them unless they read and post in every thread on a specific team's fan run discussion forum? Bark twice if your being forced to read internet discussion forums against you will!

P.S. Mrazek has the only Bad Pass GoalTM that I'm aware of.

I'll never understand why people come into topics they don't want to talk about.

Like because you don't want to discuss it, then nobody should be discuss it?

Are people's family being held hostage by a maniac who will kill them unless they read and post in every thread on a specific team's fan run discussion forum? Bark twice if your being forced to read internet discussion forums against you will!

P.S. Mrazek has the only Bad Pass GoalTM that I'm aware of.

Very political around here, I've noticed. Be careful with who you like.

Mrazek has won the goalie battle. He's our #1.

Except he lost last night. So, he's certainly not our number one anymore.

...and this "discussion" is circular. No merits or faults are truly being discussed. It's the same thing over and over and over.

EDIT: Also, jokes. ...but being held against my will. No laffing matter. Woof woof.

Edited by e_prime

Except he lost last night. So, he's certainly not our number one anymore.

...and this "discussion" is circular. No merits or faults are truly being discussed. It's the same thing over and over and over.

EDIT: Also, jokes. ...but being held against my will. No laffing matter. Woof woof.

No, the team did. You can't win only scoring 1 goal on average :/

No, the team did.

Well, yes. Of course. Reality is: It's always a team win or a team loss. Mrazek or Howard could have no goals against, but if the team didn't score any goals then the game would still be going.

...but we've been saying "You can't win scoring 1 goal." and yet, here we are... talking about a goalie battle.

Which is NOT the problem.

Let 'em battle. Have them push each other to be better. ...but lets not pretend that Jimmy Howard or Petr Mrazek are the issue with this team.

And yet you're still in here.....

Shut It Down Guys!

e_prime doesn't think it should continue to be discussed!

Might as well lock the rest of the threads too. At least until e_prime determines the continued worthiness, merit, and quality of the discussion and only then gives us the stamp of approval to add our lowly thoughts to the topic!

And yet you're still in here.....

Shut It Down Guys!

e_prime doesn't think it should continue to be discussed!

Might as well lock the rest of the threads too. At least until e_prime determines the continued worthiness, merit, and quality of the discussion and only then gives us the stamp of approval to add our lowly thoughts to the topic!

Slow down champ. It's not that serious.

Am I not allowed to say that the discussion is silly?

Also AGAIN. Jokes.

Edited by e_prime

Mrazek clearly gives the team a better chance to win every night. Both goalies typically make the saves they are supposed to but mrazek makes the saves that only elite goalies make. Blash clearly agrees because he is slowly starting to play mrazek a little bit more. Let Howard play tonight and then back to mrazek in new years eve.

Without spewing a bunch of stats and give aways, etc...we ALL know that Mrazek is the #1 soon, maybe sooner than we think. But even though I am all for the "get rid of Howard" brigade, I believe unless an unbelievable deal (that Jimmy must approve) comes up, we will have both goalies into the playoffs and beyond. I think (again barring that deal) the earliest we think about trading Jimmy isn't until sometime in the summer, maybe even NEXT deadline.

This whole, see Petr won, so he is better, Jimmy won so he is better back and forth is fun sure, but like a few users have said, its pointless. Heck, there might a slam dunk deal that has Holland trading Petr! Then what? I hope not, but in this business, nobody is untouchable...