• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Janmark nylen makes the Dallas roster

Rate this topic

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/10/06/great-story-janmark-surprises-makes-dallas-roster/

Hated giving him up for a 36 yr old ufa to be with neck problems and hate it even more now

I know we got a ton of amazing kids coming so him leaving isn't a big deal in the big picture but he was one of our best prospects at the time and trading him for Cole was a joke ... Could of used him in a package deal to get a top 4 damn instead ( let the backlash commence)

wish him all the best with Dallas

I think trading for Cole was a solid move because he was everything the Wings needed at the time. If he doesn't suffer his injury, the playoffs could have easily been a totally different game for us. And like you mentioned, we have so many prospects right now there's no way it would be worth it to hang onto the kid because he sure as hell isnt making the Wings' roster.

Doesn't hurt us cause we got so many great kids coming , doesn't mean we should just give them away for old damaged goods (would of benefited us putting him in a bigger deal for a dman, he was listed as a top 5 prospect at the time I believe)

Yes it's unfortunate he got hurt but everyone knew Cole was a risk before we got him(in fact he was my number 1 trade option cause if he didn't get hurt it could of paid off AND it wouldn't cost much, was wrong about that last one )

I'm not saying that trading for a top 4 defenseman would have necessarily been a bad decision, but you'd likely have to include someone in that trade who's on the roster right now in addition to Janmark, and the risk of injury or the player not panning out is still there. Franson tanked when he was traded and he was probably the top player LGW wanted last year. If we grabbed him, this thread would still exist, except we'd be debating about how good Janmark + Smith/Pulkkinen/Sheahan/whoever + 1st rounder is playing right now in Toronto, and how Franson did nothing for us, then promptly left in the offseason. Now who knows, maybe Franson would have kicked ass here, but my point is trading comes with its risks, regardless of who you're trading for.

Edited by Echolalia

never had franson in mind , I was talking about getting a top 4 dman who wasn't a ufa to be who was gonna stick around (this trade could of been done during the summer)

I wasn't just implying trading janmark alone either, putting him in with someone else prospect or player + pick/picks .... Just think we paid a steep price for a injury prone old ufa to be... Didn't like the deal then, certainly don't now

what's done is done , hope he has a nice career

Cole was a great trade that didn't work out due to injury. We can't keep all our prospects, in fact we should trade some more.

Doesn't mean we should now go trade jurco for a 36 yr old ufa to be with back problems either

Doesn't hurt us cause we got so many great kids coming , doesn't mean we should just give them away for old damaged goods (would of benefited us putting him in a bigger deal for a dman, he was listed as a top 5 prospect at the time I believe)

Yes it's unfortunate he got hurt but everyone knew Cole was a risk before we got him(in fact he was my number 1 trade option cause if he didn't get hurt it could of paid off AND it wouldn't cost much, was wrong about that last one )

So you acknowledge that is didn't hurt us, and you acknowledge that Cole was a good option...

That trade was pretty much the blueprint for what you want in a deadline deal. We gave up two prospects who were running out of options and were never going to get a shot here for a guy who filled a need plus a conditional pick (which I think you may have forgotten about). Saarijarvi alone is probably worth more to the Wings than Janmark and Backman together, just because of the extra time we have before we need a spot for him.

Also, not sure how Cole was a risk. He'd missed 7 games the previous year, but prior to that hadn't missed any time since 2010.

No good defensemen were traded at the deadline. Wisniewski maybe, or Franson, probably the best. But that likely would have meant no Green this year. We still have more parts than we have room so that mythical trade for a top-4 defenseman is still possible without hurting our future.

Sucked that Cole got hurt and couldn't help us more, but that also meant we got the pick. But that was a good trade.

1 Cole was a 36 yr old ufa to be with a history of injury problems, we all basically knew he was one bad hit away from being done (just so happened with our luck to occur when he was a redwing) .... Because of that I don't think he should of cost us as much as he did , 2nd round pick would of been enough in my eyes you anyways .... I think we can all agree though Jim nill is no idiot and he knew that in asking for janmark he was getting someone with good potential

2 regardless of how good our prospect pool is nylen was a top prospect when we dealt him so let's not pretend he was s*** now , yes we can afford his departure and that's not even up for debate just saying when could of used him In a package to get a dman .... Someone mentioned green , maybe your right he wouldn't of been here if we got that dman , then again maybe we would of dealt a Quincey if we got that dman along with green ... We'll never know

3 someone mentioned Calle jarnkrok .... Yes he hasn't exploded in terms of racking up the points but he just turned 24 a few weeks ago so it's too soon to right him off as a bust(rather of had him In the lineup at the time than Anderson) and he was also a top prospect at the time we dealt away for an aging ufa

And last on this ... Yes I know I'm in the minority here and that's just fine , it's my opinion ... Just don't like giving up top kids with potential for garbage that's all ... There's no doubt in my mind this season or next some hard deals will have to be made , just hope we get some fair return back

That's it ... Everyone enjoy the season and let's hope we bring another cup to Detroit

Doesn't mean we should now go trade jurco for a 36 yr old ufa to be with back problems either

Not close, nice try though. By the way if the Wings trade Jurco for a 36 year old with back problems, you'll have every right to critic them. Edited by wings87

Just because Janmark made the Stars line-up (bottom six forward which the Wings have no room for and probably won't until 2025) doesn't mean Holland could have traded him for Jeff Petry or some other top 4 guy. We're talking about a player that was passed over in two drafts and then taken by the Wings and……wait……wait…..JIM NILL. In fact Nill was probably the only GM that would take Janmark in a deal.

Good for Janmark for making the team, that's on him for working his ballz off. I blame Holland for making that deal about as much as I'd blame him for putting Nestrasil on waivers, which is to say not very friggin much.

Also: how goddamn predictable was this thread?

1 Cole was a 36 yr old ufa to be with a history of injury problems, we all basically knew he was one bad hit away from being done (just so happened with our luck to occur when he was a redwing) .... Because of that I don't think he should of cost us as much as he did , 2nd round pick would of been enough in my eyes you anyways .... I think we can all agree though Jim nill is no idiot and he knew that in asking for janmark he was getting someone with good potential

2 regardless of how good our prospect pool is nylen was a top prospect when we dealt him so let's not pretend he was s*** now , yes we can afford his departure and that's not even up for debate just saying when could of used him In a package to get a dman .... Someone mentioned green , maybe your right he wouldn't of been here if we got that dman , then again maybe we would of dealt a Quincey if we got that dman along with green ... We'll never know

3 someone mentioned Calle jarnkrok .... Yes he hasn't exploded in terms of racking up the points but he just turned 24 a few weeks ago so it's too soon to right him off as a bust(rather of had him In the lineup at the time than Anderson) and he was also a top prospect at the time we dealt away for an aging ufa

And last on this ... Yes I know I'm in the minority here and that's just fine , it's my opinion ... Just don't like giving up top kids with potential for garbage that's all ... There's no doubt in my mind this season or next some hard deals will have to be made , just hope we get some fair return back

That's it ... Everyone enjoy the season and let's hope we bring another cup to Detroit

If we don't trade Jarnkrok we don't get Legwand and make the playoffs, Anderson has nothing to do with anything. In your world that's not a big deal but in ownership's world it's everything, especially extra revenue that can be put back into the team.

And last on this ... Yes I know I'm in the minority here and that's just fine , it's my opinion ... Just don't like giving up top kids with potential for garbage that's all ... There's no doubt in my mind this season or next some hard deals will have to be made , just hope we get some fair return back...

1. Again, he'd been mostly healthy for 4 1/2 seasons. Where is this "one bad hit" notion coming from? Also, a 2nd round pick would have been worth more than Janmark + Backman. Hell, still would be.

2. I don't think anyone is pretending he's s***. He just made an NHL roster, that would be silly. Not sure I would call the 4th or 5th forward a top prospect, but whatever. Sure, hypothetically he could have been used for something better. That's the problem with hypotheticals. No matter what anyone does, hypothetically something else could have been done that was better.

And lastly, Cole was not garbage. You even said yourself you wanted him.

Wasn't it said that this guy was going to leave the organization if he didn't get promoted soon? Or was that the other guy? Anyhow, you guys are all right, as we just witnessed in the preseason, we are loaded with young talented prospects. I do not want to see Holland trade any of them for a 36 year old UFA, but I wouldn't mind, if the need is still pressing near the trade deadline, that he trade a package for a top defender or maybe a top 3 scorer. That is IF needed. I think though, with Tatar, Nyquist, Larkin (if he stays) and Pulkkinen (and possibly Jurco) all playing well with our leaders, we may not need to make a deal for a forward this season (barring the injury bug) unless that guy becomes available and he could be the guy who puts us over the top.

Good for this kid to make the NHL, but like everyone is saying, he probably wouldn't be making Detroit for a long time.

Edited by LeftWinger

I watched a couple SHL games with Janmark last year and can't say that I've been hugely impressed with him. That taking into account that SHL itself isn't really the highest level in European hockey...

as for Cole... he could've proven valuable if the Wings advanced past 1st round in playoffs. that was the original idea of trading for him I guess

If we're putting a package of players / prospects / picks together, it should be for a top 4 defenseman, not a top 3/6 scorer. We have way too many forwards as it is, both top 6 and bottom 6, and many more knocking on the door over the next couple years.

If we're putting a package of players / prospects / picks together, it should be for a top 4 defenseman, not a top 3/6 scorer. We have way too many forwards as it is, both top 6 and bottom 6, and many more knocking on the door over the next couple years.

Yes, but one could argue that in addition to a top four D-man, this team needs another big winger in the top 6.

One could absolutely argue that, though I would wholeheartedly disagree... I wouldn't up assets to get a top 6 forward when we have about 7 or 8 capable top 6 guys on the team right now, with another few pounding on that proverbial door... Especially when we only have 3 proven, legit top 4 defenseman, with maybe one on the way... We are much deeper up front now and in the future than on the back end. I don't get how anyone would be able to justify giving up assets to improve an already potent forward group, when the true area of weakness is defense...

Just because Janmark made the Stars line-up (bottom six forward which the Wings have no room for and probably won't until 2025) doesn't mean Holland could have traded him for Jeff Petry or some other top 4 guy. We're talking about a player that was passed over in two drafts and then taken by the Wings and……wait……wait…..JIM NILL. In fact Nill was probably the only GM that would take Janmark in a deal.

Good for Janmark for making the team, that's on him for working his ballz off. I blame Holland for making that deal about as much as I'd blame him for putting Nestrasil on waivers, which is to say not very friggin much.

I love this last line. Maybe it's the age of some fans who haven't seen history play out again and again, but certain folks often overvalue prospects to the point of absurdity. Remember, most cute kids don't grow up to be supermodels.

And you think Nill would of asked for janmark to be in the deal if he didn't know his potential?

He's playing on the 2nd line with spezza btw not bottom 6

If we don't trade Jarnkrok we don't get Legwand and make the playoffs, Anderson has nothing to do with anything. In your world that's not a big deal but in ownership's world it's everything, especially extra revenue that can be put back into the team.

That's just something we'll have to disagree with , I know I'm in the minority but I don't think legwand brought anything to the table and still think we could of made the playoff push with jarnkrok instead ... That's another topic though

Let it go, man.

Also, lol at thinking he was one of our best prospects when traded. Just lol.

Umm when he was dealt ... When .... He was one of our top prospects , top 10 I believe (googled for old prospect rankings but had no luck) ranked higher than athanasiou .... Just cause that isn't the case now doesn't diminish his worth at the time of the deal

Anyways fine I'll let it go :P ... Im just gonna hope he turns out the be the next zetterberg lol

And you think Nill would of asked for janmark to be in the deal if he didn't know his potential?

He's playing on the 2nd line with spezza btw not bottom 6

That's just something we'll have to disagree with , I know I'm in the minority but I don't think legwand brought anything to the table and still think we could of made the playoff push with jarnkrok instead ... That's another topic though

Umm when he was dealt ... When .... He was one of our top prospects , top 10 I believe (googled for old prospect rankings but had no luck) ranked higher than athanasiou .... Just cause that isn't the case now doesn't diminish his worth at the time of the deal

Anyways fine I'll let it go :P ... Im just gonna hope he turns out the be the next zetterberg lol

giphy.gif