• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

I think this might be finally it for the Mule, Sadly

Rate this topic

Jeff Blashill says #RedWings Johan Franzen is dealing with post-concussion symptoms again. No timetable for his return.

Jeff Blashill says Johan Franzen has had return of head injury issues, out indefinitely. #RedWings

Blashill said Franzen had recurrence of concussion symptoms. Not sure what future holds.

#RedWings Franzen having headaches again. Helm had setback and likely won't play Saturday.

Not Good!

This is/was always the concern. That many concussions is never a good thing. The scary thought is what would have happened if he gets another one..... I hope he is smart enough to see that risking his life for hockey is not worth it. He and his family shoulkd be set for life, so go home and enjoy it with your family.

This is/was always the concern. That many concussions is never a good thing. The scary thought is what would have happened if he gets another one..... I hope he is smart enough to see that risking his life for hockey is not worth it. He and his family shoulkd be set for life, so go home and enjoy it with your family.

But then how will we beat the Pens in the conference finals this year???

Well, the old me would have said something here, but I am just going to say, you gave it your best try Franzen, you actually looked like you belonged on the ice again. I have to say, a lot of us saw this coming, lets just be glad he tried and also we didn't lose anyone to waivers either. Moving forward this should be a great opportunity for Pulk or Jurco to come in and steal a permanent spot!

What is with Helm? Was it just a shoulder injury or was there concussion symptoms as well? I honestly forgot...

Edited by LeftWinger

Per Ken Holland, #RedWings putting Johan Franzen (head issues) on long-term IR. Grants cap relief, roster opening.

Dana Wakiji @Dwakiji 40s40 seconds ago

#RedWings Holland said Franzen to long-term IR because of recurrence of concussion symptoms.

Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman 13s13 seconds ago

Wings GM Ken Holland confirms that Johan Franzen is being placed on long-term injured. Franzen has concussion-like symptoms.

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Is anyone surprised? We all knew this was coming.

What an awful position to be in for this guy. Love him or hate him, he tried.

Im just surprised it came only two games in.. I thought he would at least play on and off this season.

Edited by kickazz

Didn't he run into Quincey at the blue line in the last game? Quincey got knocked down, but it looked like they weren't paying attention to each other. Could be that.

Sorry. I mean in Carolina. I watched the last two games in the same day cause I was behind. Getting confused.

Edited by wings4thecup06

....as Cleary waits patiently (or impatiently) by the phone... I sit around and watch the phone, but no one's calling...call me pathetic, call me what you will, my mother says to get a job, but she don't like the one she's got...etc...etc...

They won't call Dano. This solves the problem of who sits for Helm or Datsyuk.

Didn't he run into Quincey at the blue line in the last game? Quincey got knocked down, but it looked like they weren't paying attention to each other. Could be that.

Sorry. I mean in Carolina. I watched the last two games in the same day cause I was behind. Getting confused.

Was it windy in Detroit the other night? A harsh gust of wind is likely the culprit

Seriously though, I feel bad for Mule. He looked really good out there but atleast now if he has to call it quits he'll never have to ask himself if he made the right choice or not.

Yeah, that's too bad. He did look pretty good out there - especially for a player who hadn't played in about 6 months. From the reports in camp/preseason when he said he was still having problems with his head after extreme exertion, it seemed like he might have that after the exertion of a full game. I didn't see him get hit and I think this is likely those symptoms that have never gone away and come back with physical activity.

Why is this it for him? He didn't sustain another concussion. I assume he'll be lacing them up as soon as his concussion symptoms are gone again. That could be sooner, rather than later. He's on regular IR.

Have you been paying attention to concussions for the past 10 years?

He missed 1/3 of last season from symptoms (from a tap to the chin) and complained of symptoms all off season

Came back for 2 games (with seemingly minimal contact) and hes out again. It does NOT look good for mule.

I would rather Franzen stay off then end up with something worse shape then he is now. The smartest thing anyone could do is not let him get back on the ice period. After all the issues he has

had functioning daily and having to sit out from his kids. Just a bad move if anyone lets him continue on as a player in the NHL. I hope he can fill an office job or be a key person to the organization of the Detroit Red Wings and contribute that way. It's sad he won't be around anymore but man we had some amazing years with him and got to see the Mule be a key player.